Thailand reopening may be delayed to Nov 1: TAT

webfact

15 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Yep.

Reign in expectations.  There is nothing truly happening anywhere tourism related on the entire planet.  All countries are still recommending against unnecessary travel.  

There isn't a care free vacation happening yet with the family.  

I expect there will be a lot of demand for tickets to the USA from European travellers starting from November when the vaccinated folks can go there again. Southern states with warm and sunny weather should be popular but the likes of New York as well. I don't understand this talk of tourism being dead as I see more and more travel posting in social media now. Even some local authorities have said there is no need anymore to avoid travelling. People can travel even long distances but they need reliability which Thailand is not offering at all.

What happened to all those ultra wealthy tourists? The ones that like a beer with lunch, a glass of wine with dinner, a massage with a happy ending, and competitive boutique pricing like they have in Singapore. Actually everything like they have in Singapore. here you get no alcohol, 9pm curfew, heavy traffic, lack of adequate mass transit. broken sidewalks when you can find one while dodging motorbikes and lots of places that don't take credit cards. As a tourist of any kind, a smile on the face of local and a wai just won't cut it.

• Haha 1

Feb 2022 is my bet then they will lock down again while they are still here, so the can not get back to there own countries and have to spend their monies here while stuck here. Another new Government incentive to bleed pockets dry before they send them on their merry way.

16 hours ago, beaufoy said:

have my visa ect ect and I have sold my house, but I want to delay my return to thailand. I was considering going on a greek island cruise with my wife 4-14 oct, but I believe if I do the cruise then when I return I will have to stay in Ireland for a few weeks as there are restrictions stopping people going to thailand if they have been on other travels in the previous few weeks.....have you heard of said rule

Well if the country is on list of permitted countries to Phuket Sandbox it should not be a problem(not sure if Greece is on that list). Anyway I don't think you will get a stamp in passport in Greece. Although I am not sure if you are from UK.

Edited by martin81
spelling error