Expat on Samui says he was threatened with deportation by hospital over Covid bill

webfact

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I doubt whether insurance would cover a hotel stay in quarantine 

Apparently this is not a hotel bill, it is a hospital bill for covid treatment. Logically the policies covering asymptomatic cases would cover it.

17 minutes ago, rbkk said:

The wife got me a Dhipaya Insurance Covid-19 policy, top one, 800 baht. Seems I might be better off catching Covid-19 and claiming costs (Up to 100,000 baht) than not having Covid-19 and getting stitched with a Quarantine 'Hospitel' bill. The small print of the policy is all in Thai so not too sure where I stand re:'Hospitels.' 

Why would you get a hospitel bill if you don't have Covid? Just book a normal hotel ????

Or do you have in mind being a Covid case requiring serious hospitalisation and getting away with 100k bill? Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Following a one night stay in the hospital he was obliged to quarantine for two weeks in the Aura "hospitel"

3 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Why would you get a hospitel bill if you don't have Covid? Just book a normal hotel ????

Or do you have in mind being a Covid case requiring serious hospitalisation and getting away with 100k bill? Good luck with that.

What's with your wild accusations against me? Read the OP before commenting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rbkk said:

What's with your wild accusations against me? Read the OP before commenting.

No accusations mate, just your post was a bit confusing, You don't stay in hospitel if you don't have covid. Asymptomatic covid is still regarded by the hospitals as a covid case, the guy had covid and did spend one night in the hospital too.