Thailand delays plan to re-open cities to tourists until November

snoop1130

On 9/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, Cherrytreeview said:

Anyone with half a brain has been saying this whether an expat or not.

You just have to look at the ebb and flow of the pandemic globally.

If the bars etc open in November or December then a lot of saved expat money will ensure a decent income for farang facing businesses.

If they have survived this long, then they will make it to the New Year.

However, Thai landlords will be trying to recoup losses again. Not to mention key money.

I also wonder will Thai wholesalers start putting prices up again for alcohol etc.

Not exclusive to Thailand and this is another piece of the jigsaw that people aren't factoring in.

Thailand is about to get a lot more expensive, whatever your budget.

Who can blame them.

Not 100% agree about your comment about the bars recouping lost revenue, I know a couple of farang business buyers in Hua Hin buying bars at greatly reduced discounted prices ready to make a killing.

Hopefully, keeping prices reasonable for expats???

Edited by Jiggo

im considering coming over for a long trip .  but the hoops and rules are mindboggling.  and ive been coming for 20 years.  just think about the newbie traveler.  do you think they will go thru these hoops.  i hope its nov 1.  they open because it seems they keep pushing back the date to a point now that nobody believes 

• Like 1

What happened to all the millions of vaccines the govt has supposibly distributed? Pattaya cannot open because they have not received enough vaccines ever though they are in position to distribute jabs to the community in a very short time. The govt does not have the vaccines so stop bulls....ing the country.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:48 PM, Cherrytreeview said:

Reopening for tourism is booking a flight and showing your passport at immigration at BKK.

What the Thai government considers as reopening will be completely different.

22nd September 2021, closed since April and still no clear road map to even opening bars etc.

Could not agree more. I read about Pattaya reopening but see no signs of it.