Thailand delays plan to re-open cities to tourists until November

snoop1130

Been to Bkk nearly every two weeks and around Korat and Kanchanaburi as well . No bars are "open" drinks of course can be had in a cup at selected establishments but every one is careful and guarded in case the storm troopers arrive ...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

Has anybody been to Bangkok bars these two months? What's the situation there right now?

I was there Saturday thru Tuesday; didn't see one bar open. Most everyplace closed except some massage shops. Several restaurants were open but not all that many compared to 18 months ago. Walking down some Soi's after dark , that were actually very dark.  Surprising  how much light neon signs give off. Even banks were closed for the weekend.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

Yawn, another prediction that will likely be extended. The Boredom meter is past 100%!

Yep its tough in some ways. I feel for the Thai's very much, and those poorer than me.

I'm very fortunate unlike many, many Thai's. I have my garden and veggie patch, great gym to go to every day if I wish, a lovely woman friend, an uber--comfortable, safe, peaceful life and home (until I play Led Zeppelin at max volume that is lol ☺️), glorious beach a few minutes easy quiet ride away, lots of toys, a great workshop set-up, wonderful Thai's to help out about the place-and for me to help, a few friends, money in the bank, good health (although getting older now).

I don't live in a war-torn place. I am left alone by the Thai authorities and nearly always treated well by officials, police if stopped for a license check.

Colds beer in the fridge which is super cheap, a wine cellar growing steadily, a great Aussie BBQ set-up .... bliss ???????? Fresh fish whenever I want it.

Let's help those around us with food and other things. Go pay the bills for some poor Thai's, fill their gas tanks, recharge their phones, take a family to dinner and Macro afterwards for a shop, take a family for a drive and lunch somewhere. Go buy a bunch of gaffee buran's for hard working Thai's and hand them out. There's lots to do.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

I was there Saturday thru Tuesday; didn't see one bar open. Most everyplace closed except some massage shops. Several restaurants were open but not all that many compared to 18 months ago. Walking down some Soi's after dark , that were actually very dark.  Surprising  how much light neon signs give off. Even banks were closed for the weekend.

I was actually planning to go to Bangkok for a short holiday but since most of the entertainment spots are closed, there's no point going.

This is much worse than August last year when some entertainment spots were open.

Edited by EricTh

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand has pushed back plans to re-open Bangkok and some other major cities to foreign arrivals until November,

Better safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned, I don't get my 2nd AZ jab until the beginning of November, someone has seen some sense at last.

Sorry for guys & girls waiting to get back here or for your gyms, bars, massage parlours etc to open.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Better safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned, I don't get my 2nd AZ jab until the beginning of November, someone has seen some sense at last.

Sorry for guys & girls waiting to get back here or for your gyms, bars, massage parlours etc to open.

I have had both my Pfizer jabs and suggest they get things open tomorrow..... why should we wait for those who fannied around? (TIC)

Edited by jacko45k
(TIC)
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Go pay the bills for some poor Thai's, fill their gas tanks, recharge their phones, take a family to dinner and Macro afterwards for a shop, take a family for a drive and lunch somewhere. Go buy a bunch of gaffee buran's for hard working Thai's and hand them out.

Would they do the same for you if you were poor ?

1 hour ago, Bkktodd said:

Still vague news because Pattaya, Huahin said they were ready 1 oct.  BKK was the major city behind.   How does one even begin to make preparations 

Pattaya certainly won't be, the percentage vaccinated isn't anywhere near 70 yet.  I haven't followed the others.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I have had both my Pfizer jabs and suggest they get things open tomorrow..... why should we wait for those who fannied around?

I didn't fanny around at all, I had my 1st jab on 9th August, 2nd jab as stated earlier, I was on 6 different lists waiting for notification from one or all of them, I was on every list the moment I became aware of them, expatvac, expat. consular, British Chambers of Commerce, plus some of the local private hospitals, I have also paid up front for the Moderna vaccine as and when it arrives, I will now convert that into 2 booster jabs for me and the Mrs when it arrives.

I wouldn't call that fannying around, just cos you can't get a bj or happy ending massage with your usual beer isn't my problem is it.

32 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have little pity for anti vaxers and their conspiracies. It irks me to to have to think i would need to do another 14 day quarantine (3rd) to spend any time leftover in my condo whilst others in that condo REFUSE to get vaccinated. I hope immigration make getting vaccinated an ABSOLUTE requirement for extendending retirement visas. 

Edited by Bkktodd
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, treetops said:

Several countries are accepting mixed vaccines for entry now, and 12 doses from 10 can be done by utilising vial overfill and low dead zone syringes, so aren't too far out there.  I've never come across anything on the intramuscular or not, except a trial that was taking place that I never heard results from.

I read about a small scale trial in NL a few days ago that gave it a positive spin actually ... but as I said, small scale and by no means approved by any health authorities.

It might work as an emergency measure to protect people, but there's a long way to go before that's acceptable for international travel etc.

Other than people that absolutely need to get back here be it family or business, who honestly gives a hoot about what Thailand does? This country is of no major importance to anyone other than the afore mentioned. Open/close no-one in the outside world cares!!! 

Edited by BobinBKK
Spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I didn't fanny around at all, I had my 1st jab on 9th August, 2nd jab as stated earlier, I was on 6 different lists waiting for notification from one or all of them, I was on every list the moment I became aware of them, expatvac, expat. consular, British Chambers of Commerce, plus some of the local private hospitals, I have also paid up front for the Moderna vaccine as and when it arrives, I will now convert that into 2 booster jabs for me and the Mrs when it arrives.

I wouldn't call that fannying around, just cos you can't get a bj or happy ending massage with your usual beer isn't my problem is it.

August?  I got double vaxxed in April with Pfizer …some of us have families too just like you have your Mrs.  kinda rude to assume massages and etc are what sitting in quarantine hell is all about.   

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Your fannying around is making it my problem! (PS I can actually get what you talk of there... and take a look at my post, and what I added a moment later, before you posted, and see if you can guess what it means. )

Edited by jacko45k

38 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

This is still ridiculous in Thailand. There is hardly any infections or dead of/with covid-19. So Thailand could have removed all restrictions months ago.

Odd post, can we bury the 131 that died recently  at your place?

21 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

And this is what will make the whole thing very scary for many of the Foreign Governments, as there are no established guidelines, or research, unlike with the recommended Doses and Methods as issued by the Manufacturers after extensive research by them.

And which is why, IMO, Thailand will stay on UK's Red List for the foreseeable future. UK Govt can see all this subterfuge and vaccination vacillation just as easily as we can! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

And which is why, IMO, Thailand will stay on UK's Red List for the foreseeable future. UK Govt can see all this subterfuge and vaccination vacillation just as easily as we can! 

Thailand is already on some Red lists or Watch Lists from some Governments, with all this uncertainty over the " Skin shot " and other issues to do with reporting an testing, there are going to be even more Countries following the lead of the UK in Red Listing Thailand IMO.

The Thais in trying to be something clever, are really digging a large Hole for themselves. A hole that is getting deeper by the day.

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

Thailand is already on some Red lists or Watch Lists from some Governments, with all this uncertainty over the " Skin shot " and other issues to do with reporting an testing, there are going to be even more Countries following the lead of the UK in Red Listing Thailand IMO.

The Thais in trying to be something clever, are really digging a large Hole for themselves. A hole that is getting deeper by the day.

That's what I said!!!!!!!

"And which is why, IMO, Thailand will stay on UK's Red List for the foreseeable future. "

2 hours ago, BusyB said:

I tend to agree, sad as it may seem. Millions are suffering from this, and I have a close up view of how it is affecting one family with which I am friends.

There are few even thinking about Thailand in EU, because here we've got our standard digital vax certificates, and most of some of the world's best destinations are w i d e  o p e n  ...

Thailand is only interesting for those with a real interest and maybe history there, like me.

And if they don't get their act together soon, I'll give up waiting, sadly.

The perception that fully vaxxed tourists are the problem is the most egregious deflection from the real problem and how it unfolded in LOS.

That last line sums it up, IMO!

And @Blumpie who said "I submit to all that there are very few people willing to travel right now anyways, so it doesn't really matter. Particularly to a country where COVID is still out of control due to poor vaccination rates. " 

It's not the "Covid being out of control" that stops we vaccinated people from coming.

If all I had to do was show my vax certificate, I'd be planning my winter trip but it's the reprehensible FUBAR that is the Thai Govt's response...not vaccinating it's people, and causing everything a traveller needs to be unavailable.  Coupled with the requirements to even get in to Thailand -THAT's what stops us!

• Like 1