Hydrogen Peroxide

roger101

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The dirt comes in with the utility water and the best you can do is give it time to settle and perhaps a very small amount of a chlorine based chemical to help it. In-line filters will stop solids getting in if installed upstream, providing the supply pressure is good.... I have one fitted just up from the washing machine. If you are particularly fastidious draining the tank occasionally and maybe use a hose to clean it could be done. 

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear. My bad :sad:

No problem with dirt, I let that settle in the bottom of the tank and syphon it out about once a year.

I was referring to any algae and harmful bacteria that may collect in the tank and pipes that the bleach used to take care of.

Would Peroxide do the same job?

17 hours ago, phetphet said:

No problem at all. When I read my post back I saw that it could have been misconstrued, but it was only meant in a good way.

Phetphet you are a gentleman and a scholar. I apologise for my post to you. I have asked for it to be deleted. 

13 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Can I use it for keeping my water tank clean?

I have a 1500lt tank that I used to pour in a couple of glugs of bleach to keep it clean, but the wife and kids started coming out in hives and rashes so stopped doing that.

Would Hydrogen Peroxide help keep the tank clean without giving the family hives and rashes?

I have been using white vinegar on water in the toilet cistern for the problem. 

Edited by rott

Just now, Daffy D said:

Doubt the wife and kids would appreciate smelling of vinegar, white or otherwise, after taking a shower.  :whistling:

Distinctly lacking in wife and kids, very poor sense of smell myself. 

Just thought I'd give it a try, no reason. In general I find the peroxide better at stain removal than white vinegar but still have some in. 

Living the dream in Pattaya, cup of tea and egg sandwich in the caff, discussion on cleaning gear, what's not to love. ????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Doubt the wife and kids would appreciate smelling of vinegar, white or otherwise, after taking a shower.  :whistling:

Not concentrating, missed the shower bit. Anyone who showers In water meant for the toilet deserves to smell like a chip shop. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, rott said:

Not concentrating, missed the shower bit. Anyone who showers In water meant for the toilet deserves to smell like a chip shop. 

I shower, shave etc in the same water source which goes into my WC tank. It comes to the house in a blue plastic pipe.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear. My bad :sad:

No problem with dirt, I let that settle in the bottom of the tank and syphon it out about once a year.

I was referring to any algae and harmful bacteria that may collect in the tank and pipes that the bleach used to take care of.

Would Peroxide do the same job?

... now trying to 'fathom' how much (how deeps worth) of volume of Peroxide you could afford to maintain at least 3% ??   Or you have siphoned out near all of the water from the tank first? 

47 minutes ago, rott said:

Same water that heads to the showers fills the cisterns at my place. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

This is getting to be a bit like one of those conversations with the wife :saai:

No1.   The peroxide would be to glug into a full tank 1500lt perhaps every week or so, like I used to do with bleach before the family started to get hives and rash.

No2.  The syphoning of sludge from the bottom of the tank has nothing to do with the question of adding peroxide to the water in a full tank.

No3.    Like most most, I presume, we use the same water in house for everything. We don't have special toilet cistern, smelly or not, for showering.

:whistling:

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, rott said:

I was referring to the thing generally found at the rear of the toilet and attached to it. 

Why anyone would wish to shower in water from it I do not know. But it is no concern of mine what others do. 

You mean the bum gun?

1 minute ago, rott said:

In my experience the bum gun (wonderful invention) is attached to the toilet cistern rather than the toilet itself. 

Well some of mine are T-ed off from the incoming water line to the cistern, or have separate water inlets at the bathroom wall (mostly)....but sorry, I was confused by your earlier comment of people showering from the cistern tank, which would be physically difficult. 

7 minutes ago, rott said:

In my experience the bum gun (wonderful invention) is attached to the toilet cistern rather than the toilet itself. 

Mine are on a T joint where the water comes in. One goes to the WC cistern and the other to the bum gun.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:39 PM, TXTony said:

Please don’t use hydrogen peroxide on wounds. That’s old school thinking that has been proven to be the wrong course of action towards healing. 

Yes!  And don't use for wounds on your pets either.  It will do more damage to the broken skin and tissue and delay healing. For very bad wounds it may be used just ONCE to thoroughly clean, but after that shouldn't be used in the healing of open wounds.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:48 PM, riclag said:

30 years ago my dentist recommended   HP( @3percent) and baking soda to brush my teeth after flossing !  It Helps stops periodontal disease and whitens your teeth

I used to swish with it at the dentist. I've used it on occasion too but not daily.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:46 AM, lanng khao said:

Making false teeth a bit whiter.

works on real teeth too, hydrogen peroxide is the main ingredient in those whitening strips,

i was thinking there was some ban on this ingredient because all the whitening toothpastes here don't have it in them

it's quite popular in canada, a bit disappointed they don't have it 

21 hours ago, rott said:

I have been using white vinegar on water in the toilet cistern for the problem. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I would describe it as an  impossibility, and only someone looking for an argument , or pushing a thread off track, would even mention it. 

I will put you in my 'special' group.

I thought my post was simple enough, people ( not referring to you) don't read posts properly is the problem. But enough, enjoy the day. 

On 9/26/2021 at 6:38 PM, scubascuba3 said:

i tried 4 pharmacies today in Pattaya and they only sold the very small bottles, one guy said big bottles are difficult to get. i guess there's always Lazada and Shopee but I'm not that bothered. I wonder why its in such short supply, maybe used for another dodgy purpose

Which pharmacies did you try. I only want a small bottle.