Thailand seeks to slash quarantine period for visitors

snoop1130

7 hours ago, puck2 said:
On 9/23/2021 at 5:38 PM, RJRS1301 said:

Vaccination does not stop infection or transmission, people who are vaccinated can still become infected, to not test would be foolhardy

On 9/23/2021 at 5:54 PM, richard_smith237 said:

That is a hugely dumbed down and oversimplified binary response…

Vaccination cuts down infection, the severity of infection and transmission. 

Vaccination with vaccines reported to have a greater efficacy improve this to the degree that with sufficient numbers (percentages of a population) vaccinated with an effective vaccine testing may not be necessary at all.

It is at this stage we move on with life and handle Covid-19 as we do other respiratory illnesses. 

It seems you have read RJRS' comment a little bit to fast. Look at the last part of his paragraph.

Nah.. its worse than that, it seems you can’t read !!!!! ????

57 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

they do understand what they are doing, they dont want mass tourists/arrivals because, like most other countries did, they are protecting their health service. they are behind the loop, due to dropping the vaccine programme ball. when they are confident their health service will be able to cope with the anticipated number of covid cases they will begin to open up, as other countries have done.

But instead of simply stating the above , they keep spouting nonsense, why ?

On 9/23/2021 at 4:33 PM, DrJack54 said:

Wait on.....after new quarantine you can buy a beer at 7/11 and relax in your room. Just can't go to a bar. 

Netflix recommended.

Don't forget your VPN...???? 

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I think at the last "election" that the voters were well conned, plus the EC broke its own rules for the number of votes needed for a political party to get an MPs position.

In addition the EC disbanded  the MFP and disenfranchised 6 million plus voters from the board in one foul sweep.

Over 6 million voters DID NOT get what they voted for, and their votes were ignored,

A lot of people voted for them. They must be happy now.

• Sad 1

On 9/23/2021 at 5:22 PM, Salerno said:

Followed by:

Yes, that's ten days for unvaccinated people, not those vaccinated. This Reuters report seems to be a summary of an earlier article in a well-known English language newspaper in Thailand which says the proposal is for a 7-day quarantine for fully vaccinated people. 

If you Google the name Opas Karnkawinpong, the health official quoted in the OP, you can find the article I'm talking about.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO the only people who voted for them and are still happy are the older rabid ultra royalists who would be ecstatic if Thailand were to go back 100 years in time.

Wouldn't be so quick to cast class stereotypes.

One might be surprised as to the demographic diversity that make up what are supposedly referred to as loyalists.

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2021 at 5:15 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Nope.

It means exactly the same.

7 days for vaccinated and 10 days for unvaccinated.

It is all in the OP.

hi Andrew, sorry for jumping in here.... just wanted to let you know I got 2x Pfizer doses at Bungrungrad hospital.

Very good service and well organised.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:51 AM, Bohemianfish said:

It makes no sense to have quarantine if vaccinated and test negative. 

I believe it was Italy that found that of 10,000 international tourists who tested negative in their home countries, only ONE was positive on landing. 

What is quarantine going to do? Nothing. IF the test was possibly wrong, it's an outlier.

The problem is that test results can be bought illegally, vaccination records can be faked.

There are so many countries in the world so it's not possible to validate which vaccination record is real or fake. The only assurance is a vaccine passport issued in Thailand.

I agree quarantine isn't necessary but that would be for those who were vaccinated inside Thailand when they can prove the authenticity of the certs.

Edited by EricTh

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The problem is that test results can be bought illegally, vaccination records can be faked.

There are so many countries in the world so it's not possible to validate which vaccination record is real or fake. The only assurance is a vaccine passport issued in Thailand.

I agree quarantine isn't necessary but that would be for those who were vaccinated inside Thailand when they can prove the authenticity of the certs.

You leave me speechless. (Mind you that might be considered a  speech....nevertheless)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Yes, encouraging, except for these words...

"This needs to be approved by the cabinet tomorrow, and published in the Royal Gazette a few days later. But it seems certain."

If there is one certainty in Thailand, it's that nothing is certain. Until it's actually published in the RG, it has not come into effect. And will the governor of Bangkok overrule the government?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

Wow! So it looks like the proposal to reduce the quarantine periods from 1st October have been agreed. Great news!

Hope it also confirms how this applies to existing bookings like before. Feeling very positive about this.

Sorry but isn't it !st of November instead of October ?

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

I have seen no confirmation of the elimination of quarantine on November for anyone. 

I am not referring to any scrapping. Just replied to a post mentioning that changes might occur on the 1st of October whereas 1st of November  is mooted 

2 minutes ago, alyx said:

I am not referring to any scrapping. Just replied to a post mentioning that changes might occur on the 1st of October whereas 1st of November  is mooted 

If you read your post carefully, you will notice a link to an article stating that quarantine will be eliminated on November 1. I was responding to the linked article. 

2 hours ago, alyx said:

Sorry but isn't it !st of November instead of October ?

All will become clearer later this week, if not tomorrow.  The official TAT article outlining the 4 phased appraoch released since my Post makes no reference to the quarantine reductions whatsoever so who knows!