UK continues its refusal to recognise vaccines administered in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

According to official figures it still is faring better. 

According to official sources, they fixed traffic, pollution, and corruption, and the leader is an eminently brilliant and decisive individual.

Anyone who shows evidence to the contrary should be arrested and beaten!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MRToMRT said:
7 hours ago, relax33 said:

TL was faring easily 20x better than the UK in terms of covid nos n deaths before the delta Variant arrived.

According to official figures it still is faring better. 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) (msn.com)
Just looked at the reported figures here n got a shock ...
On Jan 5 -2021, TL had 365 daily cases n a 7 day moving average of  367
while UK on Jan 5 - 2021 had 60,916 daily cases n a 7 day moving average of 59,344
UK to TL 's ratio of 7 day averages = 59,344 / 367 = 161x worse
so saying TL had fared 20x better was a grossly lazy under-estimate

Delta originated from India in April - 2021 so Jan 2021 is before Delta as listed out ... 
Too bad all those who were saying that TL was performing badly in all aspects will now need to (ahem) experience a lump in their throats now ...

Edited by relax33

On 9/24/2021 at 12:17 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Wonder why the UK is being such a Richard on this. It seems Canada is ok with the AZ Vaccine from elsewhere.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/ask-covid-astrazeneca-genx-side-effect-1.6003923

There are two different brands of the AstraZeneca shots for COVID-19 available in Canada: The AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine, manufactured in the United States and elsewhere, and COVISHIELD, manufactured by Serum Institute of India. You don't need to worry about mixing them. They are interchangeable.

"Same recipe, same molecule, just different factories," said Dr. Don Sheppard, a medical microbiologist and director and founder of the McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity in Montreal in a recent CBC News interview.

"Health Canada has evaluated the manufacturing process by both factories and said that they're identical." 

That is that even though Canada is a western country, it is not hampered as much by the colonial superiority complex that the UK is saddled with... 

• Sad 2

^Continuation (since I cannot edit it):

Acceptance or rejection of proof of vaccination should be based on scientific data that is available, and from that point of view it should be based on a combination of what combination of shots you have received and what does the best science we have say about the level of protection it gives an individual at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months etc.    Sinovac at 3 months could well be more protective than Pfizer at 9 months (yes, I do believe overall Pfizer is a better option, but Sinovac is not worthless when it comes to protection).   The data we have right now in Thailand to do with effectiveness is that Sinovac may have a lower initial protective value or it's half-life is shorter... We also have data that 600 nurses were 'infected' (actually for antibodies to work you have to be infected, but lets say in this case infected means infectious for argument).  Healthcare workers would typically be more at risk since the overall initial viral load that they would be exposed to would generally be greater than elsewhere.

The UK is not basing their rejection on science though, which means that their rejection would have an inherent bias.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2021 at 5:03 AM, Saltire said:

Yet another reason for the UK to have followed the French governments initative and provide both vaccine and innoculations for UK citizens. Maybe we'd have less of this BS to put up with.

I emailed them as I am sure many did, no reply, useless.

I wouldn't trust the Chinese vaccines so I see the UK gov's point. I am sure this will change sooner rather than later as there seems to already be a drop in cases and thousands of vaccines a day with either Astra or Pfizer.

Unless you are a British citizen in a desperate need of going back to dark land why would you want to go to the UK anyways ????????‍♂️
I reckon this is just a money making speculation, unsurprisingly !
it’s a mega rip off rainy and dingy place, you must be insane to live there ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Unless you are a British citizen in a desperate need of going back to dark land why would you want to go to the UK anyways ????????‍♂️
I reckon this is just a money making speculation, unsurprisingly !
it’s a mega rip off rainy and dingy place, you must be insane to live there ????

I therefore conclude there must be a few foreign insane people living in the UK now. Perhaps that was just tongue up the £$^& comment.

...fio...slowly slowly...mabe..  On 21 October,the Irish Government will move into phase two of the vac scheme, which will Accept applications from Irish Citizens vaccinated in countries outside of the EU.

Applicants will be required to hold.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, bkkcanuck8 said:

The UK is not basing their rejection on science though, which means that their rejection would have an inherent bias.

Guess what. Sinovac was approved as vaccinated in USA and Australia recently for travellers but not citizens...... 

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/australian-regulator-approves-chinese-covid-jab-sinovac-for-travellers-20211001-p58wdj.html

The move brings Australia into line with the United States - one of its largest competitors in the international student market - and ahead of the United Kingdom in approving the Chinese-made vaccine for travellers but not locals

Edited by EricTh

Thursday is "red List" appreciation day...so..lets see what happens...Numbers expected to be reduced from 52 down to 9...Tough call but can LOS make it...MKJ...?????‍♀️????‍♀️

• Thanks 1