UK continues its refusal to recognise vaccines administered in Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, medina21 said:

The UK government needs to explain why Astra Zeneca in Thailand is not the same as Astra Zeneca in the UK. It's time for the Ambassador to demand an explanation and for the government to provide one.

Excuse me, but surely you know the British Ambassador could not care a toss about us. Never has, never will. 

4 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Having a vaccine or no vaccine, I want you verified as covid free before you get on.  That's teh only way I become affected.

Ah but you can much more easily catch it with no vaccine and your first days you will be positive and test negative.

IT doesn't matter if people agree or not, it's the way it is and the way it WILL BE.  ????  Nobody on this board has any say about it.  

7 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

It would appear as if the UK has some severe reservations over the actual Integrity, and provenance of the Vaccines administered in Thailand.

As with a curriculum vitae its more about what it doesn't say as opposed to what it does say. 

• Like 1

*Deleted post edited out*

I am making a statement based on fact as is quoted in the article, simple enough for you now?

I'll repeat it again for you:

Obviously this does not mean the Sinovac combination:

“Where two doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you will be able to mix two different types of vaccine, for example, Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna, have the two vaccinations under two different approved programmes, for example, Australia and Japan, UK and USA, EU and Canada,” the Departments note.

At the same time, the Departments have noted that only four vaccines will continue to be accepted as valid proof of immunity against COVID-19, which are Pfizer/BioNTech, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson).

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/uk-now-recognises-eu-nationals-vaccinated-with-2-different-covid-19-doses-as-fully-vaccinated/

data 24 sept 8.png

8 hours ago, webfact said:

In addition, the UK still does not consider people who have been vaccinated in Thailand, even if they have received two doses of the same vaccine, as being “fully vaccinated”.

Maybe they know something is a bit Fishy with the Vaccines that are used in the Asian countries.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rbkk said:

Absolutely. Problem is it's a holiday. They don't work or respond on holidays or weekends. There is a track record with that.

They have stated that those vaccinated in Thailand also are not allowed to get a NHS vaccine passport as well.

Haven't UK vaccine passports been abandoned? Why anyone would want one beats me. 

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Stated by who?

You are talking garbage. The NHS app is extemely difficult to access and if you have difficulty you must see a GP, but you cannot see a GP because it is not an emergency.

The system is fundamentally flawed for those in the UK far less from outside.

British Embassy.

Thailand Covid-19 vaccination update 15th September 2021.

"NHS COVID Passes/Vaccine Passports are currently not available for people who have been vaccinated outside of the UK."

I guess your not on their mailing list....

Edited by rbkk

8 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

So all the smug ones who thought they  would be in a better position with say 2 pzifers or 2 moderna's are not. The UK doesn't take Thailand seriously as a nation (unless they want some rice) so we're all in the same boat as far as any expat wanting to go to the UK. Suck on that.

why the silly post ?

Any person wishing to go to the UK with a double dose of vaccine can do so, but will entail a nice holiday stopover in a choice of countries

So why the remark about smug people , unless your one of the " smart" ones who jumped at the chance for the chinese rubbish ?

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The UK is also not recognising any vaccination certificates issued in India, including those for Indian AZ which is actually approved in the UK because they imported several million doses and administered them. There was an issue that France would not accept Brits vaccinated in the UK with Indian AZ and the UK protested.  

For now its about the trustworthiness of the certificates rather than the vaccines.  I think they will eventually accept Thai certificates for AZ, Pfizer or Moderna.  When they refer to mix and match, they mean AZ+Pfizer or Moderna, not Sinovac or Sinopharm.  I don't think they can recognise Chinese or Russian vaccines because they haven't approved them and believe they are ineffective against delta. 

I am contemplating, England does not like certificates from Mumbai, goodness gracious me, oh Dr I'm in trouble, every time I vaccinate no one believes me!

8 hours ago, Exploring Thailand said:

If they're going to impede vaccinated British citizens' ability to return to the UK, then it's incumbent upon them to explain exactly why they're doing so.

My guess is that they're most worried about the lack of testing. They're concerned that if a new virus appears, it won't be picked up. But we shouldn't have to guess. They should tell us the reason (and also tell the Thai government). 

It would be good to see @British Consular Team active in this thread, or addressing the issue elsewhere. 

Meanwhile at the British Consul...Zzzzzzzz

• Like 1

9 hours ago, medina21 said:

The UK government needs to explain why Astra Zeneca in Thailand is not the same as Astra Zeneca in the UK. It's time for the Ambassador to demand an explanation and for the government to provide one.

True. 

2.Shots Astra.

What is the problem?

The vaccine is the same that is being injected all over the world.

Is there a good reason for that? Or it is just the obvious ineptitude that the UK government has shown on several occasions?

The morbid compulsion of the UK government to do something different than any other country in the EU. Profiling mania with partially empty supermarket shelves and expensive forced quarantine for fully vaccinated holiday returnees. I'm not British, but that would annoy me as a British. Sorry to say that.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So would you think they would accept the Mor Phrom app showing the certificate as being correct even though its in Thai as well as the certificate the hospital gave out.

The U.K. government not trusting anyone is a huge irony given that they’re the most corrupt government the U.K. has ever known.

• Confused 3

9 hours ago, RafPinto said:

The guy on the photo would have a good career in a massage shop.

Who are the clouns people refer to on t.his topic. Thailand with a larger population has had 16,000 deaths from the virus whilst the UK has had  160,000. What hypocritisy! In spite of everything Thailand has managed the virus much better than the UK in fact 10 times better

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Yeah real stupid.

- helped fund Oxford University create AZ vaccine to help get the world out of this mess. (possibly injected in your arm.)

- one of the world's largest genome sequencing capabilities to discover and warn the rest of the world of new variants of concern.

- a furlough scheme to support businesses and employees through the worst of the pandemic.

- donating vaccines globally to third world countries (like Thailand).

Maybe you got a donated AZ vaccine in your arm FOC gifted from the UK.

Keep your ill informed and bigoted opinions to yourself.

Now, care to tell us where your from?

If you read it you would see i am from England 30 miles west of London give Boris my love I've not been there for over 20 years thank God .go fly your flag and yes my opinions bigoted and they are correct epically about the immigrants and the government . all the other stuff is all paid for by the tax payers and that still includes

me 

• Confused 1

lack of trust in data and standards I would imagine is part of the refusal recognise even the mrna doses might not have been administered under the same standards as the UK.

This is a problem for many asian countries.

Until we see data that matches the results in the west there will be mistrust

Thailand was blaming foreigners for spreading the virus and not treating them equally in the vaccine roll out

I saw the ugly side of this in march at swampy

I can understand some who wish to return might feel its unfair one of the syptoms of covid

Should the Thai government, in a stroke of wisdom, pull its head out its rear end, and treat farang with respect, maybe other countries will modify their own rules.

But no. They, the govt. and participating hotels are going to milk this scam for all it's worth.

9 hours ago, smedly said:

I think this article is a bit deceptive, it is trying to blame the vaccine for Thailand being on the UK red list when in fact that is not actually true, someone vaccinated in to UK returning to the UK from Thailand is required to quarantine also - the vaccine has nothing to do with it

If Thailand was removed from the UK red list then they may in fact recognise AZ and Pfizer administered in Thailand but possibly not and of the Chinese vaccines 

Or they're worried about welcoming in a new, unknown variant or mutation from Thailand?

• Like 2