UK continues its refusal to recognise vaccines administered in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, Dart12 said:

"Does Not Have Covid". should be the only requirement upon flight.

Agree.

Here is a grown up approach:-

Passengers journeying to Jersey from any country will no longer have to isolate or test on arrival if they can produce a negative Covid PCR test.

This new rule - accepting negative pre-departure tests from all countries - comes into effect on Tuesday, the government of Jersey has announced.

Previously only negative PCR tests from the UK were accepted.

A pre-departure form will still be required, plus evidence of a negative test result.

The test must have been conducted within 72 hours of departure.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

This is more garbage on top of garbage. The NHS app works fine. Seeing a GP will not fix the app.  GP's do not deal with emergencies - A&E and 999 do.  

The app only works fine for those that get it work. If the app will not accept the video format, the guidance on the app is to see a GP.

"GPS are seeing people as normal"  Tell that to those that are struggling to get an appointment.

My 88 year old friend took 3 phone calls and 4 hours to get an appointment at his GP's "Emergency clinic".

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rbkk said:

British Embassy.

Thailand Covid-19 vaccination update 15th September 2021.

"NHS COVID Passes/Vaccine Passports are currently not available for people who have been vaccinated outside of the UK."

I guess your not on their mailing list....

I am well aware of that statement and the intention is questionable.

Public Health England have published guidance for the NHS on people that have been vaccinated abroad and that those registered with the NHS should have overseas vaccinations added to their NHS record.

I appreciate the reality of getting your record amended is easier said than done but the statement above should have read effectively the covid pass is not available to people that do not have the requisite vaccinations on their NHS record.

When I applied for the vaccine certificate I got a message back saying to see a GP.

12 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

It would appear as if the UK has some severe reservations over the actual Integrity, and provenance of the Vaccines administered in Thailand.

I would say that is spot on . The uk has most prop realised that nothing from thailand can be trusted

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

And for good reason. Thailand - land of fake watches, handbags and......

Seriously, the AZ manufactured in Thailand is not the same as the AZ manufactured in the UK. Different components.

Then we have Happy Larry playing with the number of doses per bottle as well as injecting the stuff in 'other' places.

Lots of reasons to be concerned.

Agaìn bang on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

So you trust numbers from the UK?

its not numbers in uk or europe anymore when you pass 70 or 80% as its now open.

Its about how do you trust corrupt, incompence, sino vax mixing, and lies before you even get to numbers in thailand.

if a UK national wants to come back after quarrantine they must accept double vaccination

14 hours ago, keith101 said:

It may  have a lot to do with Thailand's continuing use of Chinas Sinovac and Sino pharm vaccines which i can fully understand .

There is no doubt the Thais know this already, yet they want to play 'victims'.

Also to imply comparisons to Japan & Singapore is just silly.

11 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

The NHS app works fine. 

Works fine does it?, How many adults registered with the NHS.

The NHS App now has over 3.8m signed-up users, of which over 2.7m users have fully verified their
identities through NHS login and can access their GP medical record, including vaccination
information if permitted by their GP.

https://nhs-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360020307978-Why-is-COVID-Pass-being-added-to-the-NHS-App-?auth_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjoxMDgzOTY3MywidXNlcl9pZCI6Mzg2OTE3ODgzMTU4LCJ0aWNrZXRfaWQiOjI4NzI4OSwiZGVmbGVjdGlvbl9pZCI6MzYwMjM1NzE2Nzk3LCJhcnRpY2xlcyI6WzM2MDAyMTA5ODY3OCw0NDAyNjQ1MDU2NjU3LDM2MDAyMDMwNzk3OF0sInRva2VuIjpudWxsLCJleHAiOjE2MzUxMDUyOTF9.saXYDBB9UN4zCSednJ6Eb_2U95kzM95QPTX86HsaWsM&solved=0

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Simple solution to all this. Fly from Thailand to Paris France, then take the Chunnel to the UK.

Good alternate route right, oui?

Geezer

Didn't someone post the EU countries had similar requirements?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, keith101 said:

It may  have a lot to do with Thailand's continuing use of Chinas Sinovac and Sino pharm vaccines which i can fully understand .

I wonder what will happen later when Thailand starts it's next idea of administering a minute drop under the skin?

8 hours ago, tomyami said:

its not numbers in uk or europe anymore when you pass 70 or 80% as its now open.

Its about how do you trust corrupt, incompence, sino vax mixing, and lies before you even get to numbers in thailand.

if a UK national wants to come back after quarrantine they must accept double vaccination

Sorry, I didn't understand your final comment

20 hours ago, webfact said:

“It is like the British government is punishing me for being an expat in Thailand”, a reader told ASEAN NOW.

“I have received two doses of AstraZeneca in Bangkok, which means I am fully vaccinated.

“But they (the UK govt) still won’t let me visit without going into quarantine.

Ummm so basically exactly the same as what Thailand demands of everyone even fully vaccinated entering Thailand

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BestB said:

From my understanding before, UK did not accept AZ from Thailand and did not recognise Sinovac from anywhere, but Pfizer from Thailand was accepted. And the reason for not accepting Thai AZ had something to do with red tape, not being registered or something like that.

Australian and Korean made AZ was also not accepted in UK

So, according to this article, UK does not recognise any vaccine received in Thailand? why?

I suspect that it is not so much the provenance of the vaccines themselves, but the vaccination regime itself. It has been so clouded with misinformation, various attempts to "get more doses out of the bottle", different physical injection methods and a haphazard mix and match regime with no apparent research beyond "oh it will be all right". 

Probably difficult to express on the diplomatic stage, but I suspect the UK government (and others) simply don't trust the claims, counterclaims, procedures and statistics of the Thai government.

31 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I suspect that it is not so much the provenance of the vaccines themselves, but the vaccination regime itself. It has been so clouded with misinformation, various attempts to "get more doses out of the bottle", different physical injection methods and a haphazard mix and match regime with no apparent research beyond "oh it will be all right". 

Probably difficult to express on the diplomatic stage, but I suspect the UK government (and others) simply don't trust the claims, counterclaims, procedures and statistics of the Thai government.

Francs and Germany accepts Thai made AZ , so it has to be something 

can understand and agree with not accepting Sinovac or Sinovac mix and match, but AZ or Pfizer or mix of both?

5 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

The campaign is being conducted using the ’under the skin’ method of vaccination, instead of injecting into muscle, as is done with AstraZeneca jabs. 

These practices are in issue and not the vaccines 

dont know about under the skin method ,i had two az jabs at hospital and both were well into my arm muscle .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Why Me said:

I doubt it has anything to do with the quality of the vaccines. But everything to do with not trusting the certificate that travelers bring with them. This came out with India where it seems Rs. 5000 buys you a fake. Once there's a way to instantaneously cross-verify with the source country (international DB) should be fine.

I saw the US vaccine cert the other day. Its just a card filled in by hand. Easy to fake.