UK continues its refusal to recognise vaccines administered in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Although obviously not Sinovac as one of the combinations

Obviously you have contacts with the UK Government for your statement  on Sinovac not being one of the combinations or you could be accused of spreading false news .

At the present time no vaccines from Thailand are accepted in the UK in any combination .

• Haha 1

From my understanding before, UK did not accept AZ from Thailand and did not recognise Sinovac from anywhere, but Pfizer from Thailand was accepted. And the reason for not accepting Thai AZ had something to do with red tape, not being registered or something like that.

Australian and Korean made AZ was also not accepted in UK

So, according to this article, UK does not recognise any vaccine received in Thailand? why?

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

Australian and Korean made AZ was also not accepted in UK

The issue of AZ produced in Thailand not being accepted goes far further than the UK. It applies also to the EU so will affect quite a lot of people here in Thailand (and other countries that have received locally produced AZ). It must be registered at the EMA as 'vaxzevria' . However, unlike the claim above for AZ produced in AUS and South Korea (as well as Japan), these are on the list of non-EU produced AZ accepted in the EU. This from the official Dutch Govt. site (these rules also apply to all other EU countries, though they can decide to go their own way).  https://www.government.nl/topics/c/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/requirements-for-proof-of-vaccination

Why Siam Bioscience has not registered AZ at the EMA is obscure, the example of South Korea shows that it is clearly achievable.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Perhaps the UK doesn't trust anything from the L-of-S...????

Well, some of the vaccine procedures being  talked about here are perhaps not what the vaccine manufactures would have recommended.

For example, a while back there were articles in the papers about getting 11 doses from a 10 dose bottle by taking a little from each of the 10 doses. Then they are currently talking about injecting under the skin instead of into the muscle as intended. Perhaps these methods of eking out the vaccine supply are medically sound but they might not be as acceptable to the UK.

• Thanks 1

The Thais squeezing 12 doses of AZ out of a 10-dose vial, and now injecting smaller quantities subcutaneously, probably don't help Thailand's case. There may be some science behind both moves, but it's far from conclusive and needs a lot more research.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dabhand said:

You appear to have missed Indonesia, Myanmar and Philippines from your comment on SE Asia 'red list' countries. Not really difficult to check.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#red-list

I wrote:  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, most, if not all, countries in SE Asia will be listed as 'Green'when visiting the UK with the exception of Thailand.  Even N Korea!

Suggest you try to comprehend what is written.

• Like 1

Every country different they all will use a russian , pfizer or chinese  vaccine,plus AZ too.moderna is another brand.In time they will accept them and accept thailand is jabbing their people everywhere now plus a third one  like us.Don,t know why the uk don,t accept what thailand is doing to jab it,s people

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

I wrote:  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, most, if not all, countries in SE Asia will be listed as 'Green'when visiting the UK with the exception of Thailand.  Even N Korea!

Suggest you try to comprehend what is written.

So your 'with the exception of Thailand' comment?

Maybe you should try to understand what you wrote first.....

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

It may  have a lot to do with Thailand's continuing use of Chinas Sinovac and Sino pharm vaccines which i can fully understand .

It may also be due to the fact that Thailand is considered a third-world country, along with some countries in S. America and Africa, and trust in ability, administration, and that in Thailand, the LoS (Land of Scams) it is not impossible to obtain false documentation!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Denim said:

Well, some of the vaccine procedures being  talked about here are perhaps not what the vaccine manufactures would have recommended.

For example, a while back there were articles in the papers about getting 11 doses from a 10 dose bottle by taking a little from each of the 10 doses. Then they are currently talking about injecting under the skin instead of into the muscle as intended. Perhaps these methods of eking out the vaccine supply are medically sound but they might not be as acceptable to the UK.

Bit like always watering down the paint here...????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I am not so sure that the AZ Vaccine manufactured in Thailand is any different that that manufactured in the UK.

But for sure all the strange games being played with the vaccines has to have some bearing upon the UK,s reasoning.

Yeah, maybe the announced plan to administer a 20% dosage in a different fashion to normal, has backfired and British expats pay the price. Despite the month long “study” of a few people, it’s not approved anywhere else.

but why should the Thai government care about the UK not recognizing their medical practices in administering vaccines? They probably care about getting off the UK red list for visitors to Thailand, but the other way round is unlikely to be a priority. No money in it for them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Frankly ridiculous... but for a country that still insists that you arrange to have a bank statement or mobile phone bill delivered to your home address by post as part of your verification (why - because your current passport isn't good enough?) before you can get a new passport it's hardly surprising.

They  simply want you to verify your current address, which may not match your previous passport. 

24 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

The issue of AZ produced in Thailand not being accepted goes far further than the UK. It applies also to the EU so will affect quite a lot of people here in Thailand (and other countries that have received locally produced AZ). It must be registered at the EMA as 'vaxzevria' . However, unlike the claim above for AZ produced in AUS and South Korea (as well as Japan), these are on the list of non-EU produced AZ accepted in the EU. This from the official Dutch Govt. site (these rules also apply to all other EU countries, though they can decide to go their own way).  https://www.government.nl/topics/c/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/requirements-for-proof-of-vaccination

Why Siam Bioscience has not registered AZ at the EMA is obscure, the example of South Korea shows that it is clearly achievable.   

No money in it? Bureaucratic cock up? Heck they forgot to log their claim to the Prear Vihir (spelling?) temple in the dispute with Cambodia over land borders and it got awarded to Cambodia by default. I suppose they will get round to registering their AZ eventually.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

It would appear as if the UK has some severe reservations over the actual Integrity, and provenance of the Vaccines administered in Thailand.

are you saying that there is a possibility of a Thai telling lies to make money. No Thai would ever do that 55555

• Like 1

@smedly I am of the same opinion as you. The timing of the article is ridiculous as with Thailand being on the red list, UK arrivals are subject to hotel quarantine whatever vaccines you have and wherever they were administered.

I returned to the UK having had one AZ jab in Thailand and therefore had to self-isolate. I had no problem getting the second AZ vaccine at a walk in centre. No one said that the Thai administered jab wasn't acceptable. They checked the date to ensure eight weeks had passed, found a way of getting this on the computer system and to all intents and purposes I am double jabbed.

They admitted that it might be problematical trying to register this on the NHS app but this wasn't because of my first jab being in Thailand, it is the same for all overseas countries.

So I'd suggest wait and see what happens when Thailand is off the red list rather than taking any notice of this article.

• Like 1

I dont understand their logic.  If you have had two AZ, its their vaccine, administered through their company arrangement, in good faith, quality assured by their company.  The UK government should be one of the very first to approve travel with this vaccine (ok not sino of course).  

50 minutes ago, itsari said:

Obviously you have contacts with the UK Government for your statement  on Sinovac not being one of the combinations or you could be accused of spreading false news .

No need for contacts but I did follow the link that I quoted where it tells you that 

“Where two doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you will be able to mix two different types of vaccine, for example, Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna, have the two vaccinations under two different approved programmes, for example, Australia and Japan, UK and USA, EU and Canada,” the Departments note.

At the same time, the Departments have noted that only four vaccines will continue to be accepted as valid proof of immunity against COVID-19, which are Pfizer/BioNTech, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson).

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/uk-now-recognises-eu-nationals-vaccinated-with-2-different-covid-19-doses-as-fully-vaccinated/

15 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

This cr%p is never going to end is it? We have opened the floodgates. How many jabs will I need to leave here and visit family? What merry go round of needles will it take? Am I REALLY safe in the long term by filling myself with a mix and match of 3...4 ...5 vaccines? Do they know....do they REALLY know? 

No!

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

There is a government online petition that you can all sign.

Not sure if the link is allowed - just in case it is

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/594456

Problem with this petition is that the WHO's credibility on anything has been seriously undermined by connections with China and what look to many like cover-ups!

If the petition was 'recognised western company manufacturers around the world' it would be fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worrab said:

Many thanks for this link. Have signed and as has been said before, I would advise everyone to spend 5 minutes doing the same.

I have also messaged the PM’s office for what it is worth.

You will eventually get a reply similar to this. ????

Thank you for your correspondence of 29 June and 19 July about British National access to COVID-19 vaccines in Thailand. There are no plans to roll out the UK’s COVID-19 vaccination programme to British nationals overseas. As with all other forms of medical treatment, British Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates do not provide vaccinations to British nationals resident in, or temporarily visiting, a foreign country. We are closely monitoring the provision of vaccines for British nationals in all foreign countries, including Thailand. The Thai government has confirmed that they are making the vaccine available, free of charge, to all resident foreign nationals. However, we understand your frustration as the vaccination programme is currently restricted by limited supplies and in some areas, has been temporarily suspended. We have also been informed of situations where some British nationals have been turned away. As a priority we are working with the Thai government to ensure equal access for British nationals and to gain clarification on when the vaccine programme will recommence fully in Thailand. The Thai national vaccination programme is working on a prioritisation basis starting with the most vulnerable: those over 60 and with underlying health conditions. British nationals will be eligible when they meet the criteria of the relevant priority group and there are vaccine available. Further information on phases of the rollout is listed on