UK continues its refusal to recognise vaccines administered in Thailand

webfact

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

Thailand is still on the red list so this is mute and not relevent

YOU said "If Thailand was removed from the UK red list then they may in fact recognise AZ and Pfizer administered in Thailand but possibly not and of the Chinese vaccines "

My response was to that (irrelevant) hypothesis...............................

Another couple of weeks and it might all be relevant.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, medina21 said:

The UK government needs to explain why Astra Zeneca in Thailand is not the same as Astra Zeneca in the UK. It's time for the Ambassador to demand an explanation and for the government to provide one.

Good luck with that, demanding is not in his job description

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

The Thai Astrazeneca is not officially recognised by the WHO either. As of 19 August Astra had NOT been submitted to WHO for recognition. The ones (Astra vaccines) recognised by WHO are UK, Europe, Korea, Japan, Australia, USA, China.

Astrazeneca Thailand needs to pull out its finger, it promised it was going to apply on 20 August but has been silent since then on registration. 

They seem to be arguing that a name change to Vazrevria should be the way to go but WHO already recognises the name. Astra and its other partners have shot themselves in the foot by already registering different countries of manufacture as stand alone vaccines.

They have given the UK an excuse to hide behind. 

Both UK and Astra are to blame for this, not Thailand.

What makes it ridiculous is that it is Astrazenica that qualifies/qualitates or whatever word suits the batch output from various global productions to their set criteria. NOT any Government.

As usual politicking and $'s  gets in the way of base reality.

• Like 1

Just now, smedly said:

my point is that this misleading thread is pointless while Thailand remains on the UK Red list - they are not on the red list because of vaccines 

This article seems to be written to get a rise from people and it is working

Until Thailand is removed from the UK red list this conversation and htis thread is pointless

The article is pointless I agree.

I do not agree that the thread is pointless because, as you can see, there is so much ignorance on the subject. I see nothing wrong in stating what is now........and what you might expect with any change of status.

1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

It's all a BIG misunderstanding:

As Thais can't pronounce an "R"

The big boss listened to his advisors who said something like "fee or flee"

What? Fee, there is a fee we have to pay, no thanks Amelica.

Unlikely.

They usually sell out for a lot less.

1 hour ago, Johnny Mac said:

So all the smug ones who thought they  would be in a better position with say 2 pzifers or 2 moderna's are not. The UK doesn't take Thailand seriously as a nation (unless they want some rice) so we're all in the same boat as far as any expat wanting to go to the UK. Suck on that.

For your information the reason I had Pfizer was because it was recently made available for my age, 66. I had registered and paid for Moderna but with the uncertainty regarding delivery, I decided to take the Pfizer option. Being smug had absolutely nothing to do with it!! Just being sensible in accepting the first available non Chinese vaccine!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

There is a government online petition that you can all sign.

Not sure if the link is allowed - just in case it is

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/594456

Many thanks for this link. Have signed and as has been said before, I would advise everyone to spend 5 minutes doing the same.

I have also messaged the PM’s office for what it is worth.

Edited by worrab
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

If you know so much perhaps you can advise why Thailand was previously NOT on the red list?

Was it not a "crooked country" then?

The UK has a functional Secret Service, anything can change.....????

• Like 1