Phayathai 2 2nd vax date moved forward

Why Me

Just a headsup in case you got your Astra dose at Phayathai 2 hospital. I did on July 27. At that time I got a slip saying my date for the next dose is Oct. 19. Today got an SMS saying it's Sep. 30. Contacted the hospital and they confirmed that the date has been moved forward.

• Like 1

I got the same notification.

To quote The Lancet:

"The study found that leaving less than 6 weeks between the initial shot and the booster gave a 55.1% efficacy. Leaving 6-8 weeks between shots increased efficacy to 59.9%, and waiting 9-11 weeks, efficacy was 63.7%. However, if the gap was 12 weeks or longer, efficacy jumped to 81.3%"

What's going on here Thailand...why are you moving me from 81.3% efficacy to 63.7% efficacy...?

I do not like this...!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tkramer said:

What's going on here Thailand...why are you moving me from 81.3% efficacy to 63.7% efficacy...?

The same thing has happened in a number of countries experiencing outbreaks (I thought even the UK, though I could be mistaken). You get a lower efficacy, but you get it right now, and it's still much better protection than what you're getting from the single dose you already received. Waiting an extra month to get better efficacy from the second dose leaves you more vulnerable in the meantime, which may be undesirable if the virus is running rampant in your area. It's just a trade-off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tkramer said:

I got the same notification.

To quote The Lancet:

"The study found that leaving less than 6 weeks between the initial shot and the booster gave a 55.1% efficacy. Leaving 6-8 weeks between shots increased efficacy to 59.9%, and waiting 9-11 weeks, efficacy was 63.7%. However, if the gap was 12 weeks or longer, efficacy jumped to 81.3%"

I do not like this...!

Question: How many weeks is it from July 27 to Sep. 30?

Answer: 9.3 weeks

What's your beef?