COVID-19 Center: situation on the decline

snoop1130

aba162cf2800fe9449b4b929e47a2981_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT) - The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) says the COVID-19 situation in Thailand is finally on the decline

According to Dr. Chavetsan Namwat from Department of Disease Control, the situation in Thailand is getting better, in line with the global situation, especially in Bangkok and its neighboring provinces, while patients with severe symptoms and needing respirators continue to decline.

Dr. Kiatipoom Wongrachit, Permanent Secretary of Public Health Ministry says, in the future, the number of cases will not be an important factor anymore, instead it will be capacity to accommodate patients. He believes cases will not decline to zero, but it would be treated as endemic, or a non-widespread local disease without severity and with distribution of vaccines as the main solution.

The " local disease" treatment will start in Bangkok and Phuket, in which different management will be applied.

Meanwhile, The Thai Cabinet this week approved a draft amendment to the 2015 Communicable Disease Act, to replace the emergency decree, likely from next month.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Dr. Chavetsan Namwat from Department of Disease Control, the situation in Thailand is getting better, in line with the global situation, especially in Bangkok and its neighboring provinces, while patients with severe symptoms and needing respirators continue to decline

They say infection levels are dropping, yet I see & know of more people in home isolation than before, with new clusters everywhere?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

They say infection levels are dropping, yet I see & know of more people in home isolation than before, with new clusters everywhere?

Same here, never knew of any local infections here in the village a few months ago but recently there have been many, even people we know and a local isolation center has opened just a couple of km's away.

This is in Kanchanaburi.

Yes they thought that was the case in the USA 3 months ago, but figures on the rise. Masks back on etc.

The fact Thailand have dealt with the situation poorly they should not be making rash statements, like we will be fully open on 1st October, not. Easier to say nothing when you cannot prove the facts 

3 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

I bet your making up that little story. 

My wife got facebook this morning with an apology from a village (small) resident who has brought covid into the village, there are others in the village who are quarantined after family returned from deep red, and that is what is known, and i am not making this up. 

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Same here, never knew of any local infections here in the village a few months ago but recently there have been many, even people we know and a local isolation center has opened just a couple of km's away.

This is in Kanchanaburi.

Yeah, I'm a tad east from you, 6 months ago we only heard of people around us having an infection or an area like a market, that's when it changed to deep red, now there are people in Sois all around us, even a neighbour and a family across the street, all in home isolation yet they say numbers are falling.

It doesn't add up in my book.

2 hours ago, miketu said:

It's the vaccinated who are the super spreaders of covid, not the unvaccinated.  The hospitals in Israel and Iceland have overwhelmingly more vaccinated patients with covid than un-vaccinated.  Both of these countries have 80 to 90% vaccination rates, someone's lying to us.  The Vaccinated are spreading covid through the shedding of spike proteins from their bodies as a result of their covid vaccination.  

Boy I would love to see you support this with data, expert opinion, news reports etc.

Edited by dinsdale

4 hours ago, miketu said:

It's the vaccinated who are the super spreaders of covid, not the unvaccinated.  The hospitals in Israel and Iceland have overwhelmingly more vaccinated patients with covid than un-vaccinated.  Both of these countries have 80 to 90% vaccination rates, someone's lying to us.  The Vaccinated are spreading covid through the shedding of spike proteins from their bodies as a result of their covid vaccination.  

Vaccinations slow transmission and reduce the chance of infection and severe symptoms including death. They don't stop it. The more vaccinated people you have the the greater the  proportion of infected people that are vaccinated will be. 

I'll try to find a link to an article about this.

This is far from an endemic in Thailand.  The good news is the vaccines are working and being used.  

I look forward to it being treated as a true endemic once the vaccination rate improves greatly.  It is so good to see things at least getting better - that was a brutal wave!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, miketu said:

The hospitals in Israel and Iceland have overwhelmingly more vaccinated patients with covid than un-vaccinated

Hmmm I wonder why that might be....

5 hours ago, miketu said:

Both of these countries have 80 to 90% vaccination rates

...ahhh thanks for clearing that up!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, miketu said:

The hospitals in Israel and Iceland have overwhelmingly more vaccinated patients with covid than un-vaccinated.  Both of these countries have 80 to 90% vaccination rates, someone's lying to us.

50% of auto fatalities happen to people wearing seat belts and 90% of people wear seat belts (US numbers). Should one conclude from this that wearing seat belts doesn't matter? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

zero covid was a pipe dream from day 1, it took 9 months for western governments to get that clue

only Australia and NZ still believe in that fairy tale,

I suspect Australia has had a shift in faith......