PM to inspect Sukhothai flood response on Sunday

snoop1130

a412ed20582f5f3a5f79975470a77d7c_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Prime Minister will be visiting Sukhothai province on Sunday to inspect flood response operations and observe latest developments. He will be meeting with affected villagers and farmers during the visit.

Areas of Sukhothai province have recently been flooded after an overflow at Mae Mom reservoir due to heavy rain in recent days.

During the visit, the Prime Minister will hold meetings with local agencies on water management plans, including the plan to use areas on the left bank of the Yom river for water retention.

The Prime Minister will also be meeting with villagers and delivering farming supplies to farmers affected by flooding.

The Government Spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, said today the Prime Minister is now paying visits to flood-hit areas to see the latest developments and the progress of response operations himself, in addition to the reports he has received.

Mr Thanakorn said the Prime Minister has always held meetings with local government executives and officials during each of his visits to gain input on the obstacles they face.

The government spokesman said the Prime Minister has also been seeking opportunities to meet with local MPs and villagers to gain feedback on their needs, in order to address the issues directly, especially on damage compensation for affected people.

nnt.jpg

24 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't understand the river in Sukhothai was still low the other day so is there no way of releasing the water from the flooded areas into it.

From what I see only the poor are flooded so no worries.

Though, the Yom isn't any higher from last couple of weeks - where we are at the Thawet bypass - from Srisamrong south.

The usual high water in Amphor Mueang, as the 5-6 year inner-city river reclaim project has failed again.......even the new extended khlong system is of little use.

Appears that most of the flooding and concern is in the south province - Khiri Mat area.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Though, the Yom isn't any higher from last couple of weeks - where we are at the Thawet bypass - from Srisamrong south.

The usual high water in Amphor Mueang, as the 5-6 year inner-city river reclaim project has failed again.......even the new extended khlong system is of little use.

Appears that most of the flooding and concern is in the south province - Khiri Mat area.

The Old city where I live never a problem because we are reasonably higher up ground level wise.

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Yep remember it well, read it on this very forum, our PM, such a funny man - no sorry, I meant clown ????

Well there's been flooding in some places in Sukhothai every year since I've been here so why would anyone be stupid enough to believe anyone who says that.

Anyone must know where there can be flooding in heavy rain.

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well there's been flooding in some places in Sukhothai every year since I've been here so why would anyone be stupid enough to believe anyone who says that.

Anyone must know where there can be flooding in heavy rain.

Sorry to hear that Kwasaki, how long you been living there ? And what were your thoughts when chief clown proclaimed no flooding ?

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sorry to hear that Kwasaki, how long you been living there ? And what were your thoughts when chief clown proclaimed no flooding ?

Lived in Old City Suk permanently for 16 years and the local govt and Sukhothai govt have improved many places from flooding over the years but heavy storm rains will find somewhere.

Thai people that live in Sukhothai area wouldn't take notice of what anyone says nor do I, Thai people know what to expect in certain areas in the rainy season..

• Like 1

I'm up here now for my wife brother funeral who passed away a few days after getting the Sinopham vaccine. I make a yearly visit with her but never seen it like this many times I seen it rain heavy and I mean heavy but they seem to have a better drainage system than Pattaya? but right now the road to my inlaws home is flooded so bad can't even get the vehicles up the driveway it is mud everywhere while family has been filtering in and out to pay their respects. 

I wonder how is he going to tour in a helicopter?  We tried to make a big food run yesterday to the Big C and I thought my 2 million baht van was going to flood away.

5 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

That field was flooded 30 seconds ago then the general strode into town and parted the waves back in the chopper boys our work is done ????

He couldn't of really knew or was inform and took no notice about the flood situation in New Sukhothai to day Suk wouldn't flood again.

The only thing I don't know is how New Sukhothai has been affected only know from Thai TV news before the bridge where the Kasikornbank is. 

On 9/25/2021 at 9:43 PM, Kwasaki said:

He couldn't of really knew or was inform and took no notice about the flood situation in New Sukhothai to day Suk wouldn't flood again.

The only thing I don't know is how New Sukhothai has been affected only know from Thai TV news before the bridge where the Kasikornbank is. 

เรียกว่า อ.เมือง
ไม่ใช่สุโขทัยใหม่
ฟังดูเหมือนฝรั่งที่โง่เขลา