Jump to content

2021 Trip Report for Retirement Extension with Thai Bank Deposit at BKK CW


Recommended Posts

Awesome and thanks for the updates.  I will add to this as we all have in the past year as we head into CW in the upcoming months if anything else gets added.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What time did you arrive.  The reason I ask is that the K-Bank branch opens up at 8:30 and like last year I was in line when they opened to get both the bank letter and to update the bank book before heading back upstairs around 9am.  I wish we could make appointments as like last year, but that seems to be gone for the foreseeable future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What time did you arrive.  The reason I ask is that the K-Bank branch opens up at 8:30 and like last year I was in line when they opened to get both the bank letter and to update the bank book before heading back upstairs around 9am.  I wish we could make appointments as like last year, but that seems to be gone for the foreseeable future.

 

On the day I was there, I did a walk-around survey on what bank branches were there and/or open. And, AFAIK, it looked like the K-Bank branch was NOT open that day, although their outside ATM and CDM machines were functioning. [The Siam Commercial branch appears to be gone entirely]. The various other commercial bank branches were open.

 

AFAIK, the advance appointments system for BKK CW is still down.

 

--As for timing, I arrived BKK CW about 9 am, and was done with my retirement extension, re-entry permit and updated 90-day report by 11:15 am.  The bulk of that time was spent waiting in the outside seating area for my extension queue ticket to come up.

 

Once the IO finished her part of my retirement extension package, the ensuing wait to get my passport back from the L section was maybe only 10 minutes, whereas last year it was closer to an hour wait. Obviously, that time can vary a lot, depending on whether the various sign-off supervisors are there and available vs. off doing other things.

 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I meant that it's not required. If changed address sure take it along. 

 Re the TM 30, I've never changed my address since moving to Thailand many years ago. But the IO last year for the first time specifically asked me for a copy of my TM30 receipt last year. And this year, I simply gave them a copy of the same receipt, which they accepted and did not turn back.

 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

[However, you still need to update the printed balance in the physical Thai bank book you're using earlier on the same day of your Immigration application.]

My experience is that the io at CW wanted to see 'activity in the account' on day of application. This can be deposit or withdrawal. 

I have never provided a TM30, however I provide current lease.

I haven't provided a copy of 90 day report, however always take it along.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My experience is that the io at CW wanted to see 'activity in the account' on day of application. This can be deposit or withdrawal. 

I have never provided a TM30, however I provide current lease.

I haven't provided a copy of 90 day report, however always take it along.

 

The bank book update can be done different ways, depending on the bank.

 

I do a minimal 100 baht deposit and withdrawal the morning of my appointment, and then update the passbook after that, just to keep my book balance the same as my bank letter, even though that (having matching amounts) is not technically required.

 

Some Thai banks, including BKK Bank but not the bank that holds my account, also will do a so-called balance forward update that prints a new current balance when the update is done, even without any deposit or withdrawal.

 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Always worth reading these even if based in other provinces as although they all have their little variables, its a bellwether of how things are progressing or not, in the main.

 

Chiang Mai as an experience in general has improved vastly since the days of 3am line up just to get one of 30 places allocated each day!

 

The new HQ building is organised and spacious, and never felt crowded, even prior to Covid.

Plus, those 90 day reports, re-entry stamps, address updates, etc can still be done at the satellite office in Promenada now next to the BKK bank on level 2. If that is more convenient. Tho annual extensions are always done at HQ.

 

The drive-thru 90 day report feature at the Airport (HQ) building, is a nice touch.  The drive thru should be used even if you don't have wheels, you can walk up, or use a grab, I've done both.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There now is a FOURTH single-page form,

Good report. I take it the re-entry permit was a whole other process and cannot be done at same time?

 

These FOUR pages have been around for well over a year. I just did my second extension with them. The KBank front door looked like the photo below this week and has been this way a long time I understand. Every other bank seems to be open. Wonder when KBank will re-open?

 

KB_CW.jpg.f68ee47d348cb0ff1d194a88f776ce44.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the clear and detailed reporting. I always find good 'actionable intel' in your reports and other contributions.

 

Seems like the L counter at CW may not be as busy as in earlier times. Perhaps, and this is just a guess, there has been some degree of 'shake-out' of extension applicants as the covid-19 situation has progressed. 

 

Question on 90-day reporting: Were you unable to do any online 90-day reports for previous ones earlier this year?

 

Like many folks here, I have been shut out. My last extension details apparently were not updated or properly entered in immigration's 90-day reporting database.

 

With the system in disarray, especially for more Bangkok residents in '21, I am hoping--we need hope!--that a 90-day report 'reset' by the IO in CW will get me and others back in the 'good graces' of the online reporting scheme.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks TallGuy for a useful explanation of your retirement extension and for the links to the various documents. I had come across the Police Order in 2019 and as I had arrived in Thailand in September 1997, I thought I might qualify for the 200k Baht deposit. Alas I did not, as I didn't actually get my Retirement Visa until March 2001.
What I have not been able to discover is whether the date of the Police Order is updated so that one's qualifying year of entry moves up accordingly. If it is, then this year the Order should be dated 27 September 2021 and should read that those who entered prior to 21 October 2000.
Has anyone tried asking about this?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, rwilem said:

Question on 90-day reporting: Were you unable to do any online 90-day reports for previous ones earlier this year?

 

 

I personally have never been entirely locked out of the online 90 day reporting system for Bangkok because of passport issues or not having re-entered the country in any recent years...

 

I normally do my 90-day reports online, but was unable to do one cycle online this past spring when the whole entire online system was down for some months.

 

But my most recent 90-day report prior to last week at BKK CW was back in July, and that one was once again done online.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Good report. I take it the re-entry permit was a whole other process and cannot be done at same time?

 

These FOUR pages have been around for well over a year. I just did my second extension with them. The KBank front door looked like the photo below this week and has been this way a long time I understand. Every other bank seems to be open. Wonder when KBank will re-open?

 

KB_CW.jpg.f68ee47d348cb0ff1d194a88f776ce44.jpg

 

 

 

I took a photo of the K-Bank branch entrance doors the day I was there also...because I was trying to keep track of which commercial banks there were open and not... I couldn't see any clear mention posted on their doors of why they are closed or for how long that will be....

 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

 

FWIW, for me, staff were handing out TM.47's to those in the L desk area. They said to complete one regardless of your next reporting date, I did so, handed it back and received my new next report date form BEFORE meeting with the first IO for my ext stay/ret.

 

ya, another member who went to BKK CW a few days after me mentioned the same thing about being handed a TM47 form while waiting to go in for their extension visit.

 

I never had any sit down time inside on the day of my visit, but I'd brought along a completed TM47 with me anyways, because I'd heard in advance that BKK CW Immigration might be doing the 90-day report updates now along with the extension renewals, which happily turns out to be true!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Useful and detailed report.  First time I noticed the TM30 being paid attention to recently was when I did my first 90 Day after doing the stamps transfer into a new passport.  It had been so long since anyone bothered with it that I just kept the TM30 from years back in the back of my passport, of course that had never been post dated (signature and stamp) since my last entry.  The IO wasn't that bothered then just told me to update it online but luckily I had actually done a TM30 after my last entry using the mobile app and showed her the screen (now printed out and attached in the back of the passport.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

ya, another member who went to BKK CW a few days after me mentioned the same thing about being handed a TM47 form while waiting to go in for their extension visit.

 

I never had any sit down time inside on the day of my visit, but I'd brought along a completed TM47 with me anyways, because I'd heard in advance that BKK CW Immigration might be doing the 90-day report updates now along with the extension renewals, which happily turns out to be true!

 

@TallGuyJohninBKKdid they want additional copies of the TM-7 and the supporting paperwork or was the original all that was needed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

did they want additional copies of the TM-7 and the supporting paperwork or was the original all that was needed.  

In my case, no.

 

Just handed over the TM.47 to staff, not even my passport.

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be doing my annual extension in October so this thread is of interest to me.

 

Any posters that have recently done their extension at CW can confirm OP report that would be appreciated. 

 

My past experiences and what I plan to take.

All of what's listed in OP apart from TM30 and 90 report receipt.

Unless change of address the TM30 should have nothing to do with extension same for 90 report.

 

In the past immigration has accepted a map that is on back of condo flyer and I don't bother with hand drawn option.

 

I take along copy and original of current lease for condo.

 

As for bank letter that's personal choice. My preference is not to go early and as result I do bank letter at CW. I go to clerk that does this (not counter). I give her 200baht. 100 for cost of letter and 100baht for deposit into account. Also ask her to photocopy last page of bb showing deposit and balance. 

 

Note: This year I will check with AseanNow that Kasikorn bank at CW is open. Currently seems bit of confusion about that.

 

As pointed out in OP......if you have obtained a passport renewal at some point and your original non O visa is in old passport then the first pages on current pp showing the information re non O is sufficient.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2021 at 7:40 AM, ThailandRyan said:

@TallGuyJohninBKKdid they want additional copies of the TM-7 and the supporting paperwork or was the original all that was needed.  

Not sure I understand your question, given that you're replying to a post of mine talking about the current TM47 90-day reporting process at BKK CW.

 

For the retirement extension process, you only need ONE completed TM7 original form along with all the other various documents and photocopies.

 

For the 90-day reporting process done there at BKK CW as part of doing a retirement extension, you only need the completed TM47 form and its various supporting photocopies. You don't need another/second TM7 form in order to do the 90-day reporting part.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2021 at 9:17 AM, DrJack54 said:

My past experiences and what I plan to take.

All of what's listed in OP apart from TM30 and 90 report receipt.

Unless change of address the TM30 should have nothing to do with extension same for 90 report.

 

In the past immigration has accepted a map that is on back of condo flyer and I don't bother with hand drawn option.

 

I take along copy and original of current lease for condo.

 

Re the TM 30 and 90 day reporting slips, as I said above, last year I didn't provide photocopies of those in my packet, and the IO then specifically wanted them, even though I hadn't moved/changed my residence or had any other triggering activity.

 

Fortunately, I had the originals with me stapled in my passport, so the IO unclipped them and made a photocopy of them there in her office.  Given that experience last year, this year I included photocopies of both with my paperwork packet, and this year's different IO didn't return either of them to me as un-needed/unwanted.   Would she have asked me for them if I had NOT included the photocopies, that I don't know.

 

So from my perspective, I can't say I know they're requiring them. But I can say from a safety and preparedness perspective, if I wasn't including photocopies of those two documents, I'd certainly want to be sure to have the originals with me just in case they are asked for.

 

Re the map, Immigration at BKK CW is usually fine with either a hand drawn map OR a printed version, as long as it clearly shows your home location.

 

Re the rental housing lease, in +-15 years of living here, I think Immigration has only once ever asked to see my rental lease... although, I always bring it as part of my backup / just in case packet of extra stuff.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2021 at 9:17 AM, DrJack54 said:

I will be doing my annual extension in October so this thread is of interest to me.

 

Any posters that have recently done their extension at CW can confirm OP report that would be appreciated. 

 

My past experiences and what I plan to take.

All of what's listed in OP apart from TM30 and 90 report receipt.

Unless change of address the TM30 should have nothing to do with extension same for 90 report.

 

In the past immigration has accepted a map that is on back of condo flyer and I don't bother with hand drawn option.

 

I take along copy and original of current lease for condo.

 

As for bank letter that's personal choice. My preference is not to go early and as result I do bank letter at CW. I go to clerk that does this (not counter). I give her 200baht. 100 for cost of letter and 100baht for deposit into account. Also ask her to photocopy last page of bb showing deposit and balance. 

 

Note: This year I will check with AseanNow that Kasikorn bank at CW is open. Currently seems bit of confusion about that.

 

As pointed out in OP......if you have obtained a passport renewal at some point and your original non O visa is in old passport then the first pages on current pp showing the information re non O is sufficient.

 

I extended non O-A about a week ago at CW, similar to OP report plus also needed insurance certificate. The girl who pre-checked my forms asked about 90 day report, but I told her I'd just mailed it and showed her my receipt. TM30 wasn't asked for at all, I had a copy in my folder but didn't volunteer it.

 

Map was a google maps printout, accepted same as last year. Bank deposit and letter all done early afternoon (45 minutes at Krungsri) then photocopy shop for copies of passport and visa pages, also bank book as KSB don't make copies. No copies of TM7 or other forms required, it looked like L section seemed to be doing quite a bit of their own photocopying this year.

 

Very busy as I went there in the days preceding 26th September, but otherwise all pretty smooth. Having the QR code on the ticket really helped, updating queue status on the phone and freeing me up to move around the building.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2021 at 7:40 AM, ThailandRyan said:

@TallGuyJohninBKKdid they want additional copies of the TM-7 and the supporting paperwork or was the original all that was needed.  

Original only. The copy shop downstairs was great actually in advising exactly what copies were needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I extended non O-A about a week ago at CW, similar to OP report plus also needed insurance certificate. The girl who pre-checked my forms asked about 90 day report, but I told her I'd just mailed it and showed her my receipt. TM30 wasn't asked for at all, I had a copy in my folder but didn't volunteer it.

 

Map was a google maps printout, accepted same as last year. Bank deposit and letter all done early afternoon (45 minutes at Krungsri) then photocopy shop for copies of passport and visa pages, also bank book as KSB don't make copies. No copies of TM7 or other forms required, it looked like L section seemed to be doing quite a bit of their own photocopying this year.

 

Very busy as I went there in the days preceding 26th September, but otherwise all pretty smooth. Having the QR code on the ticket really helped, updating queue status on the phone and freeing me up to move around the building.

Thanks for report.

I pretty do same as your procedure.

Only difference is that I do my photocopies prior and my Kasikorn bank provides photocopy of last page to show the deposit I make same time as obtaining letter. 

BTW (for others) I use 2 bank accounts a FD 600K and a savings 200k+. The Kasikorn bank puts the 2 accounts on the ONE letter. 100baht.

I also never have provided a TM30 dealing with CW over many years and in fact have never done a TM30. 

Will have the 90 report receipt just in case. 

Your right about that photocopy stall. Very helpful joint if anyone forgets anything. Same level as banks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

TM30 wasn't asked for at all,

Glad to hear that!

 

If future trip reports from BKK CW remain the same on that point, I'll plan on leaving it out of my paperwork packet next year.... and see what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...