Local Astra Zeneca, is it safe?

steevjee

My fiance is living in Phetchabun province and as I plan to return to Thailand soon I'm wanting her to get vaccinated ASAP as I am double dosed with Astra Zeneca here in Australia.

But she tells me that many people in Thailand have died after having the Astra Zeneca shot. I'm wondering if it's just silly rumours circulating in her village or if there is some truth to it.

Here in Oz we've had about 7 deaths from Thrombosis after an AZ shot but thats after at least 7 million shots, so like 1 in 1,000,000 which is hardly worth worrying about.

Can anyone shed some light on the amount deaths in Thailand after an AZ shot?

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

You can still catch COVID whichever vaccine you've had. However, having had the vaccine makes it less likely that you'll get seriously ill or die from COVID (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!). Also, we're starting to see that if you can prove that you're double-jabbed, you can go places where you can't otherwise.

Can one get seriously ill, or even die from receiving a vaccine ?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

These rumours are persistent amongst some Thais.

As I explained to my staff - man received vaccine shot and is run over by a bus whilst crossing the road.

Headline in Thai paper 'man dies after receiving Covid vaccine'. ????

Seriously, there a been a few deaths after receiving the vaccines. A very small number in the scheme of things. That does not help though if it is someone that you love.

I have had two AZ vaccines and I am still here.

Yeah me too, will also happily line up for a booster when its due.

You're a long time dead

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

You can still catch COVID whichever vaccine you've had. However, having had the vaccine makes it less likely that you'll get seriously ill or die from COVID (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!). Also, we're starting to see that if you can prove that you're jabbed/double-jabbed, you can go places where you can't otherwise.

....Like the UK?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, marin said:

To the OP.  Your girlfriend is sadly misinformed. What other pearls of wisdom has she imparted to you? AZ is the easiest option of a good vaccine here. Sinovac does not do  well with the Delta variant, and Sinopharm is sort of an unknown, If she as a Thai has a chance for AZ tell her to take it. Most Thai's seem to be getting Sinovac as the first injection and then AZ as the second. Both my wife and I are fully vaccinated with AZ and had no side effects at all. 

I have told her everything that you have just mentioned. The Village rumour drums beat loud amongst the Rice farmers. But as of tonight it seems she has finally seen the light and will line up for her jab next week ???? 

• Like 2

Yes Google is your friend.

There have been several deaths shortly after receiving AZ in Thailand.

You are telling the truth but  what you are implying is wrong!!!!!!

No one in Thailand has died because of receiving AZ vaccine.

Vaccines are not killing people,unfortunately some people have died to to complications

but it is unfair and wrong to imply vaccines are killing people.

Covid is killing people but not all people who get Covid die.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1