ASQ changes?

As usual things are not very clear (and subject to changes), but I would assume that Bangkok and the other named provinces will reopen with a 7-days Phuket-style sandbox  for fully-vaxx. Still subject to COE, insurance, SHA+, limited movements and two tests.

If OP is planning travel in December, I would wait at least a month to see how things go (not just with covid but also with the government).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Phuket sandbox now only 7 days.

LOST.

Does the overnight announcement mean the foreigners (folks already holding various long-term visas and PR holders) who have proof of double vaccination, arriving into Thailand (Bangkok) to go to family in Chiang Mai:

1. Now have zero quarantine.

2. Now have to do 7 days quarantine in Bkk then free to continue journey to CM?

Or ?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Does the overnight announcement mean the foreigners (folks already holding various long-term visas and PR holders) who have proof of double vaccination, arriving into Thailand (Bangkok) to go to family in Chiang Mai:

1. Now have zero quarantine.

2. Now have to do 7 days quarantine in Bkk then free to continue journey to CM?

Or ?

1. Not now? Maybe in November.

2. It is 7 days of quarantine effective on the 1st. It is a revival of what they started allowing in April but was canceled due the delta variant.

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Not now? Maybe in November.

2. It is 7 days of quarantine effective on the 1st. It is a revival of what they started allowing in April but was canceled due the delta variant.

Thanks Joe,

I'm flying into Bkk on 9 Dec 2021, with double jabs of AZ and double jabs of Pfizer, so with some luck maybe I don't have to do any quarantine?

Just fly into Bkk, then transfer to CM flight.

But still a wait and see situation?

Edited by scorecard

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Starting on the 1st of October it is being reduced to 7 days if vaccinated and 10 days if not. It will still be 14 days for those from some countries.

So, I’m currently three days into a 14 day ASQ; unvaccinated. What do you think my odds are of getting let out early? My hotel doesn’t know yet.

20 minutes ago, misterworldwide said:

So, I’m currently three days into a 14 day ASQ; unvaccinated. What do you think my odds are of getting let out early? My hotel doesn’t know yet.

I am not sure they will change the quarantine for those that are already in quarantine. I suspect not.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, statman78 said:

It was just announced that the plan is eliminate quarantine for vaccinated tourist starting November 1.

Yea but as usual nothing is confirmed. I mean we all know that it's just guessing as usual until confirmed in the books. They better make it official if they want someone to come in Nov. An besides it won't mean totally quarantine free right, you still need to book an SHA+ hotel in BKK for 7 days when/if this comes into effect.

If they would confirm the Nov 1 opening for BKK soon, I'd wait and not do the Phuket sandbox but my patients is running low and not prepared for another surprise postponing.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Starting on the 1st of October it is being reduced to 7 days if vaccinated and 10 days if not. It will still be 14 days for those from some countries.

@ubonjoe is there a list of countries whose nationals / residents will still have to quarantine for 14 days after 1st of October?

6 minutes ago, niccodemi said:

@ubonjoe is there a list of countries whose nationals / residents will still have to quarantine for 14 days after 1st of October?

I have not seen a list yet. I think it will be fairly short and will be countries with very high infection rates.