UK citizen proof of vaccination?

I think that little card is just an appointment card. I would be amazed if it would be accepted as proof of vaccination on arrival in Thailand. For vaccination certificate you can download the NHS app., register and then obtain the certificate from the app. and print it out, or call the NHS service directly and receive a certificate in the mail (5 days). Get your NHS COVID Pass letter - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

nhs covid cert..png

• Like 1

According to this article foreign vaccine certificates will be accepted to enter the UK ONLY if you are a UK resident and registered with a UK GP. EXPLAINED: UK's new rule on foreign Covid vaccination and quarantine (connexionfrance.com)  If you do qualify to enter with a Thailand vaccination certificate I would imagine the facility that administered the vaccine could advise on how to obtain a certificate.

That little card is a joke - mine was pre-filled just with the date and name of the jab, and then I later wrote in my name myself!

The Thai embassy in London require a "Certificate of Vaccination" and that card is not one. As said above, register on the NHS and download the proper paperwork. It's very simple.

Edited by London Lowf
To make it better!

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This question works both ways. How do you prove to the UK authorities that you have been vaccinated in Thailand.

Jabs in Thailand not recognized in UK.

I have written to my GP and MP.

He wanted batch number to send to department of health to check it so I'm waiting to hear back.

Will be a complete waste of time but at least I tried

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gungadin1 said:

He wanted batch number to send to department of health to check it so I'm waiting to hear back.

I think there are three problems

1. Vaccinated in Thailand?....Not acceptable

2. Vaccines like sinovac or mixed vaccines not acceptable

3. Vaccine certificates from Thailand not acceptable

Otherwise you are good to go.

• Haha 2

You must get onto the "NHS app".
To do that you need your 10 digit NHS number.

All the details will be in there, and you can download the certificate to print it.

As far as i understand you do not need an original certificate.

You can request an original certificate to be sent too your home address, if you have the time to wait.
They say on their website how long you may have to wait for it.
It was 1 week at first but because of the mad rush to get certificates in July it then went to 2 weeks,

You need to check what it is now. 

As said above I downloaded NHS application on my phone than downloaded Vaccination certificate

and applied for COE. Got COE although  there is no passport number in certificate but date of birth/name matches COE application. It was appceted.

9 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

UK does not accept vaccines administered in Thailand.. So it is irrelevant to prove anything 

So where does that leave us if we return to the UK? Presumably the UK will accept foreign vaccines just as the USA now accepts UK vaccines.

Edited by The Hammer2021

11 hours ago, gungadin1 said:

Yes, well done. The issue has been discussed in Parliament. It's not just Thailand but the issue applies to most other countries and affects

expat's all over the world not just us here in Thailand.  The USA has only just recognized UK vaccines. You might want to ask your GP about the issue of getting vaccinated when you return to the UK. The real problem is that the UK has 'Red zoned' Thailand so we face 10 days quarantine at 2500 quid if we return.

Edited by The Hammer2021

On 9/27/2021 at 1:20 PM, ubonjoe said:

Fixed it for you.

It will be accepted by the Thai embassy in London to get a COE.

Since when did the Thai Embassy accept unsigned documents without a name on them.

The Thai Embassy in London may have overlooked the criteria in respect of your NHS card but does not mean the same would apply to others.

12 hours ago, gungadin1 said:

I have been in touch with the NHS over this issue and this was the second reply, first being irrelevant BS.

We can understand your frustration. At the moment vaccines administered overseas cannot be recorded in the UK vaccine system so no vaccine certificate is currently available from the NHS. This issue is being worked on and an update
is expected shortly.

Kind regards,

National Customer Service Team, NHS App and NHS Login

Part of NHS Digital, www.digital.nhs.uk

I then asked why I couldn't have a certificate for the vaccination I did have administered by the NHS, and more BS.

Thank you for your reply.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

This issue is being worked on and an update is expected shortly.

We're keen to hear about your ideas for the NHS App and your suggestion is useful to help guide the app's development.

For more information on future developments for the app, go to the following link: https://digital.nhs.uk/services/nhs-app/future-developments

10 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

UK does not accept vaccines administered in Thailand.. So it is irrelevant to prove anything 

That is not strictly true. The medical side of the NHS does recognise the vaccination of people outside the UK and has published guidance on the subject.

I had first jab in Thailand and then went to 2 walk- in centres in the UK. The first refused to give me a jab because I couldn't get the app to open on my phone, turned out they had done an update and I had to reinstall it. Second walk-in wasn't a problem and I got the jab. They stamped my card as a second jab but I can't get a certificate because you have to have 2 jabs on your NHS record.

The "proof" side of things is run by the pen pushers as opposed to medics, a different domain altogether.

However my useless card did get me served at a pub in Dublin, guy didn't look too closely.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jojothai said:

You must get onto the "NHS app".
To do that you need your 10 digit NHS number.

All the details will be in there, and you can download the certificate to print it.

As far as i understand you do not need an original certificate.

You can request an original certificate to be sent too your home address, if you have the time to wait.
They say on their website how long you may have to wait for it.
It was 1 week at first but because of the mad rush to get certificates in July it then went to 2 weeks,

You need to check what it is now. 

Downloaded the NHS app but also got my Dr to print it out for me before i left the UK in June  

I suspect we will have to wait until Thailand is back on the green list before this issue is resolved.

We are told the issue is being worked on but needless to say there have been no update reports for several weeks from the British government or the British Embassy.

Thailand is not the country involved by any means.By the way don't bother looking for weird conspiracy theories about UK's concerns about Thailand's alleged shortcomings in administering vaccines.As in most cases the explanation is almost always in the bureaucratic sluggishness.In Whitehall terms it's not a great priority.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sandyf said:

That is not strictly true. The medical side of the NHS does recognise the vaccination of people outside the UK and has published guidance on the subject.

I had first jab in Thailand and then went to 2 walk- in centres in the UK. The first refused to give me a jab because I couldn't get the app to open on my phone, turned out they had done an update and I had to reinstall it. Second walk-in wasn't a problem and I got the jab. They stamped my card as a second jab but I can't get a certificate because you have to have 2 jabs on your NHS record.

The "proof" side of things is run by the pen pushers as opposed to medics, a different domain altogether.

However my useless card did get me served at a pub in Dublin, guy didn't look too closely.

In the context of NHS perhaps.. In the context of border control its clear.. Theres no recognition of vaccines issued outside of trusted distribution systems.. Thailand is not trusted. 

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

In the context of NHS perhaps.. In the context of border control its clear.. Theres no recognition of vaccines issued outside of trusted distribution systems.. Thailand is not trusted. 

Wrong again. The problem is about recognition of the "proof" of vaccinations administered by countries outside the UK, other than a select few.

Thailand is only one of the 170 or so countries "not trusted", but why should facts get in the way of a good xenophobic debate.

18 hours ago, sandyf said:

Wrong again. The problem is about recognition of the "proof" of vaccinations administered by countries outside the UK, other than a select few.

Thailand is only one of the 170 or so countries "not trusted", but why should facts get in the way of a good xenophobic debate.

Its not wrong.. The 'facts' are that the UK only accepts vaccines from 

• under an approved vaccination programme in the UK, Europe, USA or UK vaccine programme overseas
  • with a full course of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen vaccines from a relevant public health body in Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan or the United Arab Emirates (UAE)

• as well as a bunch of info about mixing etc.. 

So they accept UK, USA, Canada, EU, Australia, NZ, Japan, Israel, Korea, Taiwan.....etc etc etc..

Hell Even SIngapore and Malaysia make the list.. 

Thailand doesnt !! 

In the context of border control its clear.. Theres no recognition of vaccines issued outside of trusted distribution systems.. Thailand is not trusted. 

FACT !!