The Bangkok River Level Thread - Please post your river level photos

Crossy

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

We are at 50cm below worry level this morning, level down 5cm on yesterday morning.

Maybe those water pushing boats are working ... 

Nope, since my last post the river has risen to 34cm below Worry Level, up 16cm in 5 hours and the highest it's been this time around.

According to Madam this is because of high tides in the gulf and should be down again later. Of course we will have similarly high tides until Tuesday although the lows will be very low.

Note that the peak tide this far inland is delayed by nearly 6 hours from the peak at the coast.

Bangkok-Thailand.png.dfd3f0b0a2f41393cf3cff5b61519f73.png

• Like 2

Rice fields in front of MooBaan (Bang Yai, Nonthaburi) still significantly below road level...good sign. However I did get a view from the Purple Line train going over the Phra Nang Klao bridge that showed riverside areas quite swampy and a few cars seemingly swimming in the muck.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Has the flood threat passed? No stories, headlines, or topics. Seems to have disappeared as a subject of worry. 

Just because they don't report it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I saw a couple of news items on Saturday  one from "up north"  where a resident complained her house had been underwater for 2 weeks

another couple interviewed nearer to Bangkok ( Nonthaburi I think)

where resigned to their fate saying "what can you do if you live near the river"   and  "we are used to it as it  happens every year"

And another flood victim complaining that the government and army where speeding around in boats causing waves to  flood over the sandbag defences and flood her home ( repeatedly)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here we are around local high tide.

It's still too squidgy to get to my usual measuring points but the level is a good 20cm below the peak from Sunday ????

I'm not going to say it's over yet (puyai-baan said another week when he was on the speakers yesterday), but it's looking pretty good (famous last words!).

• Like 2

Update at local low tide. We are now 70cm below Worry Level ???? 

Next local high is at about 10PM, too dark then to check level but unless there's a tidal wave on it's way from the north we will be ok.

After the heavy rain last night and continuing rain up till now the drainage system is not handling it.  The klong has risen to a new height.  The road in front of our house has been flooded for 12 hours.

IMG_4585.JPG

• Sad 2

Well we just scraped over the local high tide with about 5cm of freeboard below "Worry" level. Next high (late evening) is lower than this last one so unless there's a massive surge in river flow we should be OK.

Welcome to our newly installed Water Garden.

20211022_105815.jpg.1feb4996f1ba6e9b7105d367b9c95fae.jpg

20211022_105859.jpg.6a2e840f782322347b655928efaf295b.jpg

And a present from the local government.

20211022_110553.jpg.bf3ea429d366b9b4851a3b34a88db15b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1