The Bangkok River Level Thread - Please post your river level photos

Crossy

1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

That's my 4th October in Thailand and I don't remember having seen so much rain.

2017 was the last time we had the river at this level, before that was the 2011 mega-flood.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I would put a few blankets around the tree, just in case it's getting too cold.

Madam has lost quite a few bananas, they drink a lot of water but they really don't like to have wet feet. Papaya die in a day if flooded ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thedemon said:

So today the river level has reached a new high for this year though where I am it is only about 3-4cm higher than the 10th Oct when I posted these photos:

Yeah, we are noticing that just now, rather higher than to 10th, still on the rise here ???? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

Meanwhile the chickens are ensconsed in my outside workshop.

Chooks have been flood proofed by putting sandbags in the bottom of their house so they have dry walking space.

Once the flooding is over we're going to raise the floor level permanently.

Took a run out to Kong Khong Market Ayutthaya .

B5303532-0F33-4906-B761-952ED143EEF7.thumb.png.6236106f4a70ba38e7e5a5344323c15d.png

While the water level doesn’t appear to have made it over the 3477 the houses and Wats on the Chao Phraya side are all  flooded, up to about 1.2 metres in some places from what I can see.

A definite increase since I last passed here about 2 weeks ago.

The army are present giving assistance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Perhaps a bit of information for photo as do not believe the sun was shinning anywhere in Thailand 5 hours ago.

The sun shines quite brightly between rain cells. It only lasts until the next rain squall.  It rained heavily about 30 minutes after I took the photo.  The photo was taken yesterday at full tide in the early afternoon. You are right I should have included that information in my post. My apologies.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

Thanks, but how does the level look like. Is this zone already in danger or should the water raise more before there are real problems 

There's actually a yellow section of that indicator below the red bit. I'm assuming that the red part means "risky".

EDIT The red sign says "Critical"!

• Like 1

Here we are just past the local high this morning, 47cm below the "Worry" level.

This bodes well for the big tides due over the weekend with the 4m peak high on Monday (high today is 3.2m at the coast).

• Like 2

Just had a drive on the Pa Mok/Suphanburi road and the rice fields look like the Great Lakes !! just the rooftops of many lean-to’s and the odd tree to distinguish that they are not actual lakes. A few houses stranded out there also, their driveway/roads nowhere to be seen and the brightly coloured flat bottom boats their only mode of transport.

A few of the newly appointed U-turn underpasses ( to replace the central u-turns ) on highway 32 out of action around Ang Thong area , saw a Ford Ranger struggling to make a 3 point turn in front of a flooded u-turn despite the warning sign and barricade !!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@Andrew Dwyer that doesn't sound great, are these areas denoted as "monkey cheeks"?

One assumes (may be a bad idea) that as the river flow decreases from the north these areas will get pumped out without causing massive issues down stream.

“ monkey cheeks “ ??

Hopefully , with lower river flow it won’t get any worse but it is such a vast area flooded its going to need zero rainfall for a week or so to help get the levels down. 
The infamous Ayutthaya/Suphanburi plain is clearly shown, some of these “ lakes “ disappear off into the distance .

• Like 1