The Bangkok River Level Thread - Please post your river level photos

Crossy

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaem_Ling

And other references including Asean Now ...

Thanks for that, I hadn’t heard that phrase before but knew of the science behind it.

I would say , in this case, that the monkeys were overly greedy and suspecting a banana famine in the near future had stored more than their fair share . Of course they misjudged and the banana harvest was a bumper crop , so much so that in fear of choking they spat out their “ reserves “ skins and all !!

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2021 at 11:16 AM, Crossy said:

Here we are just past the local high this morning, 47cm below the "Worry" level.

This bodes well for the big tides due over the weekend with the 4m peak high on Monday (high today is 3.2m at the coast).

We're gonna have a new high today. Now at 7.45am it has already passed previous levels and here there is still another 2 hours of incoming tide.

Today the sea tide is 3.8M and tomorrow it will be 4M so. Not a peep from any Govt agencies of course. Lol

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Pak Kret seems pretty stable, high but stable.

Yes, it has peaked here now and started receding which is a bit earlier than I was expecting.

I think tomorrow and Monday will see some flooding in parts of Bangkok. Then it will make the news.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Made it over today's 4m high, actually lower peak levels than yesterday at our location despite the tide actually being higher. Does bode well for the next 4m highs on Monday and Tuesday.

Sadly the rest of the village on our side of the road is still mostly flooded apart from a couple of homes who filled like we did before construction.

Madam lost several bananas and papaya but the big tree that doesn't like wet feet seems to have made it (it's the one with the sweet smelling flowers beloved of the roadside garland sellers). A load of leaves browned and fell off but the rest seems to have greened up now the water has receded somewhat. Some dead bits at the top will need lopping but it seems to be generally ok. 

EDIT Madam tells me the tree is "champee kao" (or something along those lines) a type of magnolia.

• Like 2

Warning Will Robinson, warning!!

Level at Pak Kret is higher than ever before, going over the wall and still a couple of hours before local high. Watching very carefully. High at home will coincide with a visit from immigration for my visa extension, I hope they bring their wellies.

image.png.3b60718d1bc4a7014fb69aaba9517603.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peak at Pak Kret is much lower than yesterday by the looks of it, hopefully bringing at least some relief to those who got inundated yesterday.

We have a week of steadily decreasing tides to follow.

image.png.1f6483635577fcacb58212174bddf6fc.png

Sorry I forgot to update yesterday, the arrival of immigration blanked my mind.

We made it over the peak yesterday with levels well below the absolute highest earlier in the month.

Immigration even blessed us with one of the "Smart" BMWs ???? 

It did elicit some worried calls from the neighbours wondering what The Farang was being arrested for. The two young officers were absolute gentlemen and evidently enjoying swanning round in a nice Beamer talking to people.

53525.jpg.6f5e6b0610e5122db24ba1dd8569845a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1