Being scared to talk to other farang

georgegeorgia

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

There may be a small element of that but IME it's prostitution or a dead-end job working in a factory/farm. Granted, not a great choice I suppose but shagging a farang for an hour at 1000 a pop means she's earning considerably more than minimum wage.

Agreed. Too many believe the myth that they are sold into it by parents or forced in some way.

Read Private Dancer for a fictional but based on reality look at why Thai girls head for Pattaya or Nana.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had the unfortunate experience of sitting next to one in my favourite Walking Street bar. Soon as he went to the loo I paid and escaped.

Heh, many times I've had to switch seats in bars. Sometimes I went home, others I wanted to stay, so simply went to the loo then came back to another seat.

The unfortunate sort I've sat next to were:

1) Those "special forces" guys. Everyone's met at least one.

2) Guys in a bad mood and looking for an argument. Thailand's been an unfortunate haven for those fleeing their home countries due to poor social skills and anger management.

3) The "I bought two houses, two cars, yadda yadda, so I'm better than you" guys.

4) The "I bought two houses, two cars, yadda yadda, and lost it all, so now give me sympathy and let's talk about why this is such an awful country, and yet I'm still here" guys.

Though on the other hand, I've certainly met some wonderful blokes with whom one can trade their adventures, get tips, leads for jobs or accommodations, and otherwise be an asset to their stay in Thailand.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2022 at 7:52 AM, BritManToo said:

Maybe we don't like racists (or dogs).

I find it odd that people think they have something in common with other folk just because they're white.

What a very, very odd thing to say. 

Nothing to do with scared. I'm an Aussie too. Am i therefore required or obligated to talk to everyone with am English accent in this country? Why? Would love to here your theory on this. If I met genuine people in my travels I will always be polite and engage but talking to every single person with everyone who speaks English. <deleted> that to the moon thanks.  And i realise your taking the <deleted> mate but most foreigners here are far more worth dodging than knocking around with

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 8:32 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Heh, many times I've had to switch seats in bars. Sometimes I went home, others I wanted to stay, so simply went to the loo then came back to another seat.

The unfortunate sort I've sat next to were:

1) Those "special forces" guys. Everyone's met at least one.

2) Guys in a bad mood and looking for an argument. Thailand's been an unfortunate haven for those fleeing their home countries due to poor social skills and anger management.

3) The "I bought two houses, two cars, yadda yadda, so I'm better than you" guys.

4) The "I bought two houses, two cars, yadda yadda, and lost it all, so now give me sympathy and let's talk about why this is such an awful country, and yet I'm still here" guys.

Though on the other hand, I've certainly met some wonderful blokes with whom one can trade their adventures, get tips, leads for jobs or accommodations, and otherwise be an asset to their stay in Thailand.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell unfortunately. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:39 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I was walking here in Sydney yesterday and walked up to the harbour foreshore area about 6am and a old  American guy came past me walking too and he said to me beutiful day and I replied..

I was flabbergasted when I went hiking in NZ three years ago, and the Kiwis passing me (hikers, joggers) said 'hi' or wished me a 'good morning'... Never happened to me anywhere, including Australia.

Back to the topic, I reply to strangers if they talk me up, but I don't initiate as I'm not into small talk anyway.

23 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I was flabbergasted when I went hiking in NZ three years ago, and the Kiwis passing me (hikers, joggers) said 'hi' or wished me a 'good morning'... Never happened to me anywhere, including Australia.

Back to the topic, I reply to strangers if they talk me up, but I don't initiate as I'm not into small talk anyway.

Happens in Scotland when out for a walk, it's nice. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 8:41 AM, tonray said:

Khon Kaen Airport waiting for my flight back to Bangkok. 

Old codger sidles up in the next seat...

"Yeah...you put all your life savings into these girls, buy them houses, cars, everything...and then you're on the way out with nothing"

Whining and droning on like a lovesick 13 year old..."yeah....she'll be sorry...wait till she sees what's available out there...I'll be looking great...she'll be hitting me up on Line, begging me to come back...but I'm outta here...back to the States"

Thank God he was on a different flight. 

Also in Khon Kaen, at the Pulman gym. 

me - Where are you from? 

grumpy looking old guy - "I'm from Khon Kaen, I'm an oldtimer, been here 8 years".

• Haha 1

Years ago, I was friendly with an Ozzie guy who won $A30 million on the lotto. We both paid 3,000 baht a month for rent. 

At that time, I worked as a teacher with a Yank who owned a ferrari.

Edited by Neeranam

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Here in Isarn, the typical farang dreads the question, "where did you meet your wife?"

Maybe that's why they are scared to form a relationship with other farang. 

Why would you tell them you have a wife?

Almost every woman I've ever had sex with, I met in a bar.

The ones I met in UK bars cost me considerably more than the ones I met in Thai/Philippines/Viet/Cambodian bars.

If it wasn't for bars, I'd still be a virgin!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1