Electric vehicles of all kinds

Kanada

26 minutes ago, driver52 said:

and then top out at 90mph? cos they have the aerodynamics of a brick sh!thouse...and handle like one too

Not at 90mph , but just give that , you are over speed limit at 90mph .

BTW , many limit their max speed at around 110mph ( 180km/h) , well above anybody should drive .

They are in general heavier then other cars , due to battery weight .

49 minutes ago, driver52 said:

and then top out at 90mph? cos they have the aerodynamics of a brick sh!thouse...and handle like one too

most "normal" EVs currently have top speeds in the 90 to 120 mph range. Of course, some have top speed in excess of 200mph.

I think you'll find that top speed as a yardstick is schoolboy stuff - ('my Dady's car is faster than yours")

with amazing acceleration and overtaking ability coupled with the low CoG you'll find that EVs can out perform most similarly sized ICE cars.

I've driven all over the world in cars capable of in excess of 130 mph but I can't say that I've ever bothered to take them to top speed - it certainly isn't a regular requirement of day to day driving. However a comfortable high cruising speed is; and without the concomitant vibrations of th combustion eng=ne this is way more achievable in an electric vehicle.

Ford stops reservations for F-150 Lightning electric pickup due to strong demand, CEO tells Cramer

Ford CEO Jim Farley said Thursday that interest in the automaker’s soon-to-launch F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck is so great that it had to stop taking reservations.

“We are completely oversubscribed with our battery electric vehicles, Lightning especially,” Farley said in an interview during a special live online event, “CNBC Investing Club: Jim Cramer’s Game Plan for 2022.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/09/ford-stops-reservations-for-f-150-lightning-electric-pickup-because-of-demand-ceo-tells-cramer.html

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Ford stops reservations for F-150 Lightning electric pickup due to strong demand, CEO tells Cramer

Ford CEO Jim Farley said Thursday that interest in the automaker’s soon-to-launch F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck is so great that it had to stop taking reservations.

“We are completely oversubscribed with our battery electric vehicles, Lightning especially,” Farley said in an interview during a special live online event, “CNBC Investing Club: Jim Cramer’s Game Plan for 2022.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/09/ford-stops-reservations-for-f-150-lightning-electric-pickup-because-of-demand-ceo-tells-cramer.html

Wish MG would offer E-truck.  Main reason I didn't buy, as only offer diesel.

• Like 1

I think this thread establishes the inevitability  of ekectric vehicles. Both industry and infrastructure are heading that way at high speed. 

As pricuction volumes increase, prices will tumble and as tech improves range will improve.

• Like 2

They really need to bring the pricing down to the everyday consumer.  

$30-40-50+k USD vehicles are simply out of reach for most families.  Really hard to justify, even if having the extra money.

Love my MG ZS (non EV), but $20+k USD is pushing it for a 4 wheel machine to go from point A-B.  Sadly, that's considered inexpensive for a comfy car.

Shy of 37k for EV model, even though paying for itself in the long run, hard to commit at 68 yrs old, or justify if trying to raise a family in Thailand.  Not in most folk's budget. 

$37k / ฿1.2 mill is about the same price as my house build at present, and that's an inexpensive house.  Spending that amount for transport is hard to justify for most people.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I will probably consider one of these. Now made in Thailand

ราคาอย่างเป็นทางการ ORA Good Cat : 989,000 - 1,199,000 บาท (นำเข้า CBU) |  รถยนต์ไฟฟ้า 100% - HeadLight Magazine

Check out the MG line also.  The EP and ZS EV are both very nice & competitively price, as pricing goes, 1 mill and 1.2 mill respectfully.  Comes w/8 yr battery warranties. ????

https://www.mgcars.com/th/Home

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

Great Wall Motors' Ora Good Cat came to visit Robinson Surin yesterday. 48kWh Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery 400km range ฿989,000

https://www.gwm.co.th/ora-good-cat/

I know it's a little thing, but I like the fact that the phone charging pad is positioned very centrally so that you can clearly see the phone.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

20211217_050414870_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macahoom said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find this guy unwatchable? 

You don't find a car salesman entertaining? One who has repeatedly predicted the demise of Tesla. And because of the fact that Tesla sells its vehicles directly to the consumer, will never be able to earn a commission from selling them.

• Like 2

Yep - all you Yahoos have his knowledge? Or just lost touch with reality, and choose to not entertain anything which goes against your views.

He is a Mechanical Engineer - what are your qualifications ?

Internet WaWa 555

7 minutes ago, seedy said:

I stumbled across this report from Volvo which shows an Electric Vehicle creates a 70% larger carbon footprint for manufacturing and disposal compared to a petrol car.

https://group.volvocars.com/news/sustainability/2020/~/media/ccs/Volvo_carbonfootprintreport.pdf

Couldn't have come to that conclusion because they're profit margin is much higher with ICE vehicles, and maybe know they are behind the competition in producing & selling EVs.

Disposal of the batteries of EVs is and should never be an issue, as can be used when removed.  Definitely a market for those EV battery banks, whether for home solar systems or solar farms.  Where ever batteries are used now.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:15 AM, Peterw42 said:

I will probably consider one of these. Now made in Thailand

ราคาอย่างเป็นทางการ ORA Good Cat : 989,000 - 1,199,000 บาท (นำเข้า CBU) |  รถยนต์ไฟฟ้า 100% - HeadLight Magazine

I heard the hiso ladies in Bangkok are going crazy over that little tin can car.

I also heard it cost about 1/2 mill baht i China which sounds about right, 1 mill is highway robbery. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seedy said:

I stumbled across this report from Volvo which shows an Electric Vehicle creates a 70% larger carbon footprint for manufacturing and disposal compared to a petrol car.

https://group.volvocars.com/news/sustainability/2020/~/media/ccs/Volvo_carbonfootprintreport.pdf

And given your past track record, it's not surprising that you are, as usual, cherry-picking. From that report:

image.png.c2602187bdb41b62a3156e8d98079ba9.png

• Like 1