Electric vehicles of all kinds

Kanada

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Try again

1. I said current, not two years ago. 

2. I said Southern California, not California. 

Find me 2021 sources.

Provide a link to back up your preposterous claims

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I was thinking (it happens), the other day, and another aspect of buyers not jumping on the EV bandwagon, they aren't exactly 'user friendly' for self repairing.  

Not an issue now, as all under warranty for 8 yrs, but after that, motorheads, now needing to be sparkys to work on their vehicles, the construction of, just guessing, isn't user friendly.

I don't think they will be, until one of the manufacturer comes out with a user friendly 'battery pack/bank' that is accessible, and cells replaceable by the user.  Some type of 'sliding rack' or 'stacked' rack, where the trunk used to be, and total redesign in future cars.

People are building their own battery banks / racks for home solar systems, and easy enough to swap out a bad cell when necessary.  EV battery packs are going to need to be easily accessible for users or 3rd party mechanics / sparkys to service them.  So buyers aren't dependent on dealers, who would rather profit by swapping whole racks instead of cells.  Would help keep them all honest.

Many folks aren't into the buy a new car every 3 or 5 yrs, and keep them till they die.  I was like that in the USA, and only owned 1 new car, and rarely sold a car.  It either died or I killed it, but could work on any aspect of repair while it still had life.

One reason I never bought diesel, as completely ignorant, though wouldn't buy one for other reasons.  I would hate taking a car for repair and being told this or that needs replacing without knowing the why or how it works.  

Until one manufacturer makes a user friendly, serviceable battery bank, so the competition has to follow suit, we're all going to be at the mercy of the dealers, and what they say.  At least for couple years, until more non-dealer service shop market expands.  Very limited here, and no market for it, and with 8 yr warranties, will be sometime before it even develops here.

One more reason the EV market here will be limited to the HiSo car buyer.  Or folks like myself, will just have e-scooters for everyday use, cheap and self serviceable if needed.  Along with more than a few sparkys out there if can't be bothered to do it yourself.

Except you won't need to "dp it yourself' as they are far more reliable that ICES.

8 hours ago, seedy said:

Find me 2021 sources.

Provide a link to back up your preposterous claims

So now you are reduced to sealioning?

Sp tell us, what do you think will gapped? The collapse of private transport?

The Lightning LS218 is able to engineer all that new technology into a 495 lb missile. 200 hp and 168 ft/lbs of torque put this bike at the top of all-electric production bikes.

With an Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes, and lithium batteries this bike is world-class. Backing it all up with records at the Bonneville Salt Flats, and wins at Pikes Peak

Lightning-LS218.jpg

53 minutes ago, kwilco said:

EVs will make a major contribution to the reduction of  urban air pollution in cities like BKk.

555 - where is the power coming from ?

Thailand's renewable power generation stems from biomass and waste, hydroelectricity, and solar. Combined, renewables account for 8% of the country's electricity supply, not including hydroelectricity imports.

https://www.egat.co.th/en/information/power-plants-and-dams?view=article&id=39

Edited by seedy
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

555 - where is the power coming from ?

Thailand's renewable power generation stems from biomass and waste, hydroelectricity, and solar. Combined, renewables account for 8% of the country's electricity supply, not including hydroelectricity imports.

https://www.egat.co.th/en/information/power-plants-and-dams?view=article&id=39

The fossil fuel industry appreciates you parroting their propaganda.

They have perpetrated a multi-decade, multibillion dollar disinformation, propaganda and lobbying campaign to delay climate action by confusing the public and policymakers about the climate crisis and its solutions.

Fact is, electric cars are promoted by environmentalists because they emit fewer greenhouse gases and air pollutants and this takes into account their production and electricity generation to keep them running. 

The major benefit of electric cars is the contribution that they can make towards improving air quality in towns and cities. With no tailpipe, pure electric cars produce no carbon dioxide emissions when driving. This reduces air pollution considerably.

Now you know.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, seedy said:

where is the power coming from ?

You really don't follow the argument. A huge amount of pollution in cities comes from vehicle emissions....if you remove that away from the cities it reduces the pollution in the cities. How you deal with central power generation is a different matter that you clearly haven't considered either 

You quote statistics as if they are static, but as shown in your previous posts you really don't get what is happening.

You raise points that people have thought about and worked out solutions for years ago and then don't seem to understand the "bleedin' obvious" to use a John Cleese quote.

You still given us no idea what you are suggesting is going to happen. All you are doing is naively gainsaying.... to what purpose you don't seem to know.

Why don't you take time off and cone up with a concise argument against EVs. At the moment you are behaving like a toddler who doesn't what her oatmeal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

You really don't follow the argument.

What I do not do is blindly follow all the marketing BS spewed out by the makers of EV, and the politicians who back them, using the gullible sheeple to advance their political position to enable them to be reelected.

Anyone with an ounce of sense can figure out quite quickly that it is all smoke and mirrors. It only works in rich countries whose gullible taxpayers are too ignorant to understand the huge subsidies they are forced to pay to keep this 'industry' going.

And I count most on this forum in this camp.

Talk about worldwide problems, and provide a solution that only the rich can afford.

You must be so proud.

34 minutes ago, seedy said:

What I do not do is blindly follow all the marketing BS spewed out by the makers of EV, and the politicians who back them, using the gullible sheeple to advance their political position to enable them to be reelected.

Anyone with an ounce of sense can figure out quite quickly that it is all smoke and mirrors. It only works in rich countries whose gullible taxpayers are too ignorant to understand the huge subsidies they are forced to pay to keep this 'industry' going.

Talk about worldwide problems, and provide a solution that only the rich can afford.

You must be so proud.

They only care about themselves.

47 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

They only care about themselves.

As do we all ... ????

All kind of simple to me ... if you want and EV, go buy one.

If you don't, well then that's simple, don't buy one.

Save the excuses / reasons to buy or not to buy.  

You definitely aren't going to talk anyone into either buying or not.

Financially, post some numbers, as might help some decide, cost analysis, pro & con, although since a new market, resell / trade in value after 8 yrs is still a question mark.  I'm in the wait & see, before springing the extra 5 or 600k baht to change car into EV.  If I live long enough, as at least 5 yrs away before resale value of EVs will be known.

You can't talk about your morality, care for the planet, but not if you drive more than the bare necessity to live, or if you drive at all.  Did you drive on holiday, fly to other side of the planet for holiday ... stop being a hypocrite, you don't care about the planet.  And it doesn't care about you.

If arguing 'save the planet' or energy to charge is not green, or batteries produced not green, then yes or no, depending of 'opinions' and BS from vested interests, and frankly, none can be trusted.

The planets fine, been around forever, and will be here long after the human parasites self extinct.

If and when the industries go 'green', probably not until they run out of oil ???? then our great great grandchildren can argue about which is better.  By that time, the fake MMGW may have gone up 1/2 to 1C .... maybe, but doubtful.  Not that I care.

But for us, it's a work in progress, or stalled progress, until fossil fuels are extinguished, whichever you believe, but, it's irrelevant, because none of us has any control.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, seedy said:

You must be so proud.

You really don't follow the argument.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, seedy said:

You must be so proud.

Apparently you believe the BS put out by the oil companies and the Republican politicians. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, seedy said:

You must be so proud.

Apparently you believe the BS put out by the oil companies and the Republican politicians. 

20 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

He actually doesn't  seem to be able to articulate what, if anything, he believes. He has not drawn a si gle co clusion. All he dies is imply he "doesn't  like" EVs. After that he just gsinsays. He doesn't even understand his in references. I don't think he reads further than the titles.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Still waiting for the links from the oil company's press releases. 

Or how about a like to the BS put out by Republican politicians?  

50 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Still waiting for the links from the oil company's press releases. 

Or how about a like to the BS put out by Republican politicians?  

You want to hear every lie ever told about climate change, turn on Fox News. 
You repeat allot of them here. 

5 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

You want to hear every lie ever told about climate change, turn on Fox News. 
You repeat allot of them here. 

You're not real concerned with being truthful are you? 

You watch a lot of Fox News huh? That figures. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjri6mMtZn1AhX8TGwGHXz1DEoQFnoECBoQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fuelsinstitute.org%2FResearch%2FReports%2FEV-Consumer-Behavior%2FEV-Consumer-Behavior-Report.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3EvfxzTW7dZo9DnWvDERuI

Link to PDF

Who is the customer? • The top demographic of 2019 EV owners are middle-aged white men earning more than $100,000 annually with a college degree or higher and at least one other vehicle in their household.

As if this is news - 555

Edited by seedy