Immigration Health Surcharge

I have a question about the payment for IHS at the application stage for Leave to Remain (after marrying on a fiancée visa).

A friend has submitted his wife's application, uploaded all the supporting documents and booked a biometrics appointment.

He has not seen any links for payment of IHS  -  he is concerned that he may have missed something.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Rob180 said:

You're supposed to pay the health charge first then provide the reference number on the visa application. If you submitted it without that I think you may have a problem.

It all worked out OK  -  and Leave to Remain has been granted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 12:31 AM, hotandsticky said:

It all worked out OK  -  and Leave to Remain has been granted.

Pleased to hear your Leave to Remain worked out. 

My wife needs to apply for hers quite soon, how was the application procedure?  All online?  How long before of old leave did you apply?  Did she have to attend an interview? What supporting documents did you submit?

Sorry for all the questions but I get a headache when I try to plough through the Government website.  I get the impression that you actually have to start the application process to get all the information you need.

Any help from someone who has just just gone through it would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, gmac said:

My wife needs to apply for hers quite soon, how was the application procedure?  All online?  How long before of old leave did you apply?  Did she have to attend an interview? What supporting documents did you submit?

Sorry for all the questions but I get a headache when I try to plough through the Government website.  I get the impression that you actually have to start the application process to get all the information you need.

This was actually a friend.

He successfully applied for a fiancée visa earlier this year and they married in August. They applied for Leave to Remain almost immediately.

It seems that it was pretty much identical to the online fiancee visa application with updated documents uploaded to support it. As far as I am aware his wife did not attend an interview - Leave to Remain granted for 2 years.

I think it all starts here....................... https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

This was actually a friend.

He successfully applied for a fiancée visa earlier this year and they married in August. They applied for Leave to Remain almost immediately.

It seems that it was pretty much identical to the online fiancee visa application with updated documents uploaded to support it. As far as I am aware his wife did not attend an interview - Leave to Remain granted for 2 years.

I think it all starts here....................... https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa

Thanks for that,  sounds slightly different to my wife's situation but I suspect the process will be similar. Back to the Government website I guess!

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 10:12 AM, gmac said:

Hi, I've made 2 FLR applications and have just done an ILR application. If you want to know anything PM me. I'm going to post it all on here at some point when I have time.