License Plate for ATV/Quad?

Jenkins9039

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Any vehicle driven on Thai roads must have compulsory insurance, which means having a registered vehicle with a blue/green book...

Not so, Lazada sells many electric bikes, trikes and golf carts that peeps drive on roads with no hassle. Might be because all are less than 150cc, no se

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Billpro785 said:

I have 200 cc , and ride it on the side roads in Kanchanaburi , and never had an issue with the police. When I bought it from the dealer they told me no plate was needed and the police would not pull me over, So far they have been correct. 

A gas quad?

16 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Not so, Lazada sells many electric bikes, trikes and golf carts that peeps drive on roads with no hassle. Might be because all are less than 150cc, no se

I think you are guessing. So if your electric thing, which will not be registered for road use, kills someone, what do you think happens..?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jazzdog32095 said:

While we are guessing, guess how many uninsured Thais are tooling around uninsured.

So you are going to be one of those...

Hmmmm, well I won't wish you good luck with that one...????

But hey, just listen to the bloke who is trying to sell you one, what every could go wrong.....???? 

1 minute ago, transam said:

So you are going to be one of those...

Hmmmm, well I won't wish you good luck with that one...????

But hey, just listen to the bloke who is trying to sell you one, what every could go wrong.....???? 

No need to be disrespectful unless you're going to be one of those..................relax Barney just trying to have a civil discussion here and you're getting your panties in a wad. Fact is I can insure my taste buds if need be through LOL, pretty certain I can cover a golf cart. You keep claiming falsely that a cart must be registered to drive on the road and be insured. Show me some documentation.

1 minute ago, seedy said:

Electric golf carts, trikes, quads - all not able to be registered.

No blue, green book available - so no license plate.

Post a foto of any of them with a license plate.

Just because people drive them on the road does not mean it s legal.

If you've lived in 3rd World countries as long as I you would understand the difference between legality and legitimacy. When laws are totally disregarded by the populous there is no perceived legitimacy which is the case with many laws in TH that go unenforced. In many of these countries the written law creates catch-22 that promotes corruption and further compromises' legitimacy. In the end there are many laws nobody, including law enforcement pay attention to. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, seedy said:

All of which does not answer the OP question.

Go drive one on the road, get into an accident.

You can bet that law enforcement will pay attention to the lawsuit filed by the party you run in to.

One of the earliest to collect tales from Scandinavian sources was Just Mathias Thiele, who in 1823 published an early version of the Henny Penny story in the Danish language.[4] The names of the characters there are Kylling Kluk,[5] Høne Pøne,[6] Hane Pane,[7] And Svand,[8] Gaase Paase,[9] and Ræv Skræv.[10] In Thiele's untitled account, a nut falls on Kylling Kluk's back and knocks him over. He then goes to each of the other characters, proclaiming that "I think all the world is falling" and setting them all running. The fox Ræv Skræv joins in the flight and, when they reach the wood, counts them over from behind and eats them one by one. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

One of the earliest to collect tales from Scandinavian sources was Just Mathias Thiele, who in 1823 published an early version of the Henny Penny story in the Danish language.[4] The names of the characters there are Kylling Kluk,[5] Høne Pøne,[6] Hane Pane,[7] And Svand,[8] Gaase Paase,[9] and Ræv Skræv.[10] In Thiele's untitled account, a nut falls on Kylling Kluk's back and knocks him over. He then goes to each of the other characters, proclaiming that "I think all the world is falling" and setting them all running. The fox Ræv Skræv joins in the flight and, when they reach the wood, counts them over from behind and eats them one by one. 

Ya!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jazzdog32095 said:

If you've lived in 3rd World countries as long as I you would understand the difference between legality and legitimacy. When laws are totally disregarded by the populous there is no perceived legitimacy which is the case with many laws in TH that go unenforced. In many of these countries the written law creates catch-22 that promotes corruption and further compromises' legitimacy. In the end there are many laws nobody, including law enforcement pay attention to. 

And so in LOS, if you have an accident the boys in brown will have a field day with you, leading to a police office party with karaoke and a <deleted> up.......????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

This is becoming a load rubbish if this vehicle is owned by someone they will responsible for any damage to persons or property.

Has anyone here got one and tried to get it insured for TP damage.??

Where I sit at my watering hole in the evening, a bloke comes by making a hell of a racket on one, thinking he looks cool, has a kid on it too.

But I cannot remember the last time I saw a cop to do anything about it here.

If the guy runs someone over, we will see a cop, it's pay day....????

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Where I sit at my watering hole in the evening, a bloke comes by making a hell of a racket on one, thinking he looks cool, has a kid on it too.

Yeah agree that's why I asked has anyone got one and tried to insure it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Here's the deal, I've made countless passages on my 58' Ketch to places where I was either illegal, uninsured or both. Would I forego those experience's because of some remote risk, of course not. Some folks would prefer to lock themselves in their bedroom to insure their safety. Yet others will drink each night at their watering hole infested with prostitutes of various genders hanging out with their drug dealer buddies. Let it be. My point is I don't need anyone telling me '' the sky is falling'' if I choose to drive down the beach in my golf cart. I can confidently assume the risk I take is far less than that guy drinking each evening in the red light district but then again that's up to him.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Of course it does 1- These cops don't understand the law 2- Know when to punt when brown bags may be at stake 3- Can be swayed by a half decent bulls**ter

No cops where i plan to use (beach) and little village road to the dock, roads are used almost exclusively by golf carts.

18 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Bought from Lazada, no mention, 22,000 THB knocked down from30,000 THB 

then it was a three wheeler right?  what model ?  I need the one carries 300kilo my gf is really fat 54kilo, jajaja.  How much noise can electric make?  Are you not overly concerned about insurance like all the miss henny pennys' on here ?