Cardboard Box Rubbish Collectors

JetsetBkk

Just now, JetsetBkk said:

That's what I thought and started to slice a few little 'uns, but thought I'd ask as a lot of them are still usable.

They don't reuse them generally...they shred them and then pulp them with water to make new paper goods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tonray said:

Just be aware that in humid tropical climates, cardboard boxes become the favorite home of roaches and mold mites. Store in a dry location and check every few months

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

And termites just love them as starter homes, something you really don't need.

???? ???? ????  This is hilarious!  Thanks for the tip about checking the boxes for termites - which I just did. Fortunately, they are both termite-free!

But while  was doing that, I happened to "notice" the huge great TV box to the left of them! It contained my old 25" TV - can't remember what happened to that - and inside that box is my older 21" TV box! How the heck could I not notice them? ????  It's as if they became part of the furniture and my eyes would see them, but my brain would just ignore them! 

531667130_IMG_20211003_194235600.jpg.5c2b0fee1017829ef5f351bda306762d.jpg

Anyhow, they are for the chop now. I think the rubbish collector guy is going to be very happy tomorrow.

We have a recycling cage opposite the house, cardboard boxes, wine bottles, plastic stuff goes in there, except on Monday when the binmen are about, we put it out after them for the privateers, the mrs saves my empty beer bottles in their boxes and every now and again chops them in for a few Bob, she's a right cheap charlie  ????????

All in all it works pretty well.

• Haha 1

I do the same - wait for the bin men to empty the bin, and leave the "good" stuff (plastic, glass, metal) in a big bag next to the bin.

This'll be the first time I've left a load of cardboard out, as I tend to hold on to that!

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

I was thinking of telling the mrs to put the empties in the cage over the road and I'll pay her 10 baht a box, that's what they pay at the moment and let a scavenger have my empties ????

Plus it would save on fuel for the Tuner, whose a cheap Charlie now 55555

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Haha 1

Unbelievable result looking through the "TV" box.

Inside the 25" box was a 21" TV box. Inside that was a 20" TV box. Inside that... oh, never mind. Just look at this lot!

1198336406_IMG_20211003_221200600.jpg.716723907ae5c5c356a65a9972bac520.jpg

I'm gonna need a bigger boxcutter.

2 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Unbelievable result looking through the "TV" box.

Inside the 25" box was a 21" TV box. Inside that was a 20" TV box. Inside that... oh, never mind. Just look at this lot!

1198336406_IMG_20211003_221200600.jpg.716723907ae5c5c356a65a9972bac520.jpg

I'm gonna need a bigger boxcutter.

Gawd, how many rooms you got 5555

Tucked that lot out of sight for a while.

19 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Gawd, how many rooms you got 5555

Tucked that lot out of sight for a while.

These boxes were inside each other like a Russian "babushka" doll. So the outside was just the 25" box! But these boxes were very, very old - probably over 18 years old! I simply never got rid of the boxes when I got rid of the TVs! They were stored in the small room housing the electrical circuit breakers - out of sight, out of mind!

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

These boxes were inside each other like a Russian "babushka" doll. So the outside was just the 25" box! But these boxes were very, very old - probably over 18 years old! I simply never got rid of the boxes when I got rid of the TVs! They were stored in the small room housing the electrical circuit breakers - out of sight, out of mind!

it's "matryoshka", "babushka" is an old lady.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

That'll teach me to rely on Google. Oh, wait...

Have you ever tried to scroll further than 10 pages of google's search results? :biggrin:

First page: "About 1,930,000 results (0.50 seconds)"

. . .

Nineth (and the last) page: "Page 9 of about 409 results (1.23 seconds)"

"to rely on Google", Oh, wait... :biggrin:

Edited by fdsa
  • Haha 1