90 day report is due one month before my extension

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

No He wont hotchilli...... they will not issue a 90 day any longer than a Valid Visa date.

He will get 30 of his 90 and do another 90 when he is doing his Visa.

I had my 90 report done in May, so 90 days took me to August.

My Imm Non O ext'n was renewed in July... 

So like I said they will give you 90 days on your report which has nothing to do with your ext'n expiry.

They both have their own expiry dates.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:34 AM, kingstonkid said:

I am thinking (dangerous for me) that what will happen is that I will get a partial 90 day and then have to redo it when I get my extension.

It's depending where you stay, i.e. which immigration office you extend your stay at.

Many places, if not most places, 90-days reporting has nothing to do with extension of stay, while a few places - like where I live, i.e. Surat Thani Immigration - resets the 90-day reports when extending your stay, as address is also confirmed by that time.

No matter what, you need to do your 90-days reporting when it's due. 

Only if you stay, where they count application for extension of stay as an address report, and you have already done the extension - i.e. 365 days minus 360 days (4 x 90), or close to that - you will have a new 90-days note  stapledin your passport with the next date for address report...????

4 hours ago, DefaultName said:

NO.

The two are separate.  Doing your extension does NOT reset the 90 day clock.  90 day is due 90 days after the last one, no matter what interactions you've had with immigration in the meantime.  Trust me on this, I got caught out the same way when I did my first extension a few years back.  They will staple a piece of paper in your passport with the new date, that's the one to use.

Useful, unfortunately, Jomtien doesn't seem to do that.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. They will do the 90 day report past his permit to stay date. He will get the full 90 days.

I had one due over 2 weeks after my permit to stay date that I did online last month.

My retirement extension expires Nov 30, when I did my 90 day yesterday I'm good to Nov 30, not the full 90 days.

It's on the printout and the IO always points it out.

Happens most years to get a "partial" 90 day. Udon Thani immigration

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, hotchilli said:

I had my 90 report done in May, so 90 days took me to August.

My Imm Non O ext'n was renewed in July... 

So like I said they will give you 90 days on your report which has nothing to do with your ext'n expiry.

They both have their own expiry dates.

@hotchilli You really should learn not to be so emphatic in your statements. What is true for you is not automatically true for someone else. Often what is true in your immigration office is not true in another.

Some offices link the 90 day report requirement and the extension expiry date exactly. That is why when I reported on May the 5th in Udon I was given a 10 day (90 day) report period. You often have to give information and mention the office that it applies to. And just to absolutely prove that fact here is the document. You can contact the IO for further proof if you are still sceptical.31DC73B8-0DF4-4185-930D-5F1C4920E1D3.jpeg.d59e8936207d4edc43fa54285c0a6a17.jpeg 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've also never had a 90 day report date later than my visa extension (expire) date at various Imm offices.  Always ask to make sure the 90 days starts when you receive your extension if they didn't already do.

I always do the 90 day after the due date, just to avoid the extra trip, since online 90 day has never worked for me.  Luckily a local office is nearby the house, or I'll do when out & about.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:06 AM, skorts said:

I understand. I don’t ask to do a 90 Day report when I do my extension. The Immigration Officer does this automatically for me. This resets the clock for my next 90 Day report. My wife and I have both had this done by different Immigration Officers for the last 6 annual extensions. 
I see this as a good thing and is helpful as it pushed out the date when I next have to do my 90 Day report. 

Never happened to me or anyone I know. 

On 10/5/2021 at 10:45 AM, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. They will do the 90 day report past his permit to stay date. He will get the full 90 days.

I had one due over 2 weeks after my permit to stay date that I did online last month.

First time I don't agree Joe. In NST my last report before renewal is only up to the day of renewal. Not saying it is the same everywhere, but that's the way it has worked in NST for 8 yrs...

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 11:55 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

That is also my experience at Korat IO, they will NOT issue a full 90 day past your visa expiration.

It is not a visa it is an extension (of stay not a visa extension). 

I am also known as a grammar nazi - people can be so hurtful ????

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mikebike said:

First time I don't agree Joe. In NST my last report before renewal is only up to the day of renewal. Not saying it is the same everywhere, but that's the way it has worked in NST for 8 yrs...

It varies from one office to another. Most do them beyond the day your permit to stay ends.

I wrote an example of what my office did.

When I was doing them in person before for a few years the report date was in July and the office here did those reports for the full 90 days and my extension ends in August.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It varies from one office to another. Most do them beyond the day your permit to stay ends.

I wrote an example of what my office did.

When I was doing them in person before for a few years the report date was in July and the office here did those reports for the full 90 days and my extension ends in August.

So... your experience may vary. ???? Just a heads-up - not all IOs do things the same.

• Thanks 1