Lawncare - need advice please - local experts not up to it!

Speedhump

Hi, I maintain my lawn with no gardener, and am happy with my weed control using an Almix product (photo of the box attached, it kills weeds like creeping charlie, etc. it does NOT kill grass).

But I have invasion of broadleaf grasses, several kinds, some spread by creeping, some by seeding. I can't find out what product to use to get rid of these. as the Almix product doesn't touch it. You see the invader at the front of the other photo, and my actual lawn at the back. I don't want a bowling green lawn, but the new stuff is horrible.

Hand weeding is not an option, it's too widespread.

Thanks all.

IMG_2.jpg

IMG_1.jpg

Can't help as my own lawn is a lot worse than yours but thanks for the picture of your weed killer. Now I know what to ask for.

The only suggestion I can think of is a bit outside the box. You could visit your nearest golf course and ask if you can speak to one of the green keepers. Grass seeds get blown all over so this must be a problem for them also and they might be able to put you in the right direction.

Good luck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Well, that question went down well!.... 

Ok, I can and will sympathize with your disappointment at no prolific answers.

But... I will say that in my location I am quite content to mow down anything that grows green in the season/s that allow it although at times not pleased so much at the rapidity of growth that purely for aesthetic reason requires a lot of effort. During the less favorable dry season I do attempt to sustain and tempt the dormant potential to please the eye even if relieved of the chore  of keeping  it at bay !

In my locality I am happy that I do not subscribe to the idea that if it  can not  be eaten then it should be chipped  out and reduced to either  mud or dust. But I am no expert either.

Your vegetation looks quite well I must say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Ok, I can and will sympathize with your disappointment at no prolific answers.

But... I will say that in my location I am quite content to mow down anything that grows green in the season/s that allow it although at times not pleased so much at the rapidity of growth that purely for aesthetic reason requires a lot of effort. During the less favorable dry season I do attempt to sustain and tempt the dormant potential to please the eye even if relieved of the chore  of keeping  it at bay !

In my locality I am happy that I do not subscribe to the idea that if it  can not  be eaten then it should be chipped  out and reduced to either  mud or dust. But I am no expert either.

Your vegetation looks quite well I must say.

Your reply was worth the wait! 

????????????????????

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

Can't help as my own lawn is a lot worse than yours but thanks for the picture of your weed killer. Now I know what to ask for.

The only suggestion I can think of is a bit outside the box. You could visit your nearest golf course and ask if you can speak to one of the green keepers. Grass seeds get blown all over so this must be a problem for them also and they might be able to put you in the right direction.

Good luck.

That's a really excellent suggestion which simply never occurred to me. ????

There are several courses within a few kilometres of me, I'll start the mission soon. ????????

I believe some Almix products are total herbicides so make sure you get the correct one or your lawn will look a lot worse....

Two packets from inside the box to 10 litres of water. 

• Thanks 1