New Fortuner GR Sport

nahkit

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, me too. I drove  a 9 for a few weeks in the US, it was nice enough. 

The CX9 is not offered in Thailand. The largest AWD family Mazda here is the CX8, which is more carlike than the CX9. 

In my native Australia, the Fortuner is very unpopular. People see it for what it is - a Hilux (= Revo) with a full metal jacket. Toyota sell many more Rav 4s, Klugers & LandCruisers in Oz - much better cars.

In Thailand there is not much choice .   

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:22 PM, Dmaxdan said:

A good colour for a Fortuner considering the reputation of many of the people who drive them here ....Red means danger! Keep out of my way or else....!

Bought a  red  pick up last year of  course  everyone said that Thais  dont  buy red colour  would  fade real  fast  , wasnt  wanted.....Toyota maybe think  more. Mines  garaged  anyway so fading wont be an issue

13 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Bought a  red  pick up last year of  course  everyone said that Thais  dont  buy red colour  would  fade real  fast  , wasnt  wanted.....Toyota maybe think  more. Mines  garaged  anyway so fading wont be an issue

I would say fading won't be an issue nowadays if looked after by wax products with the technology.

Never seen a faded Ferrari they do this.

Applying a durable sealant or wax will prevent any fading.

Apply something like Collinite 845 every 4 or 5 months and use a good quality car shampoo and you'll have no fading.

My bike is 28 years old and was sprayed red 26 years ago there's no fading.

15 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Of cause it was copper grease I just assumed that most would know that.

Doubt readers here are all savvy on grease types, plus I don't see the point of even using copper grease unless you have a noise problem, it just picks up cr_p.

But thanks for clarifying, would hate to see readers splashing ordinary grease over brake pads from info here....????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, G Rex said:

The CX9 is not offered in Thailand.

Yes, when I said I drove it in the US I meant the United States, not upper Sukhumvitt. Sorry for the confusion. 

I'm glad you like your new car, and that you come on a thread bagging about other people's new cars shows what a class act you are. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, when I said I drove it in the US I meant the United States, not upper Sukhumvitt. Sorry for the confusion. 

I'm glad you like your new car, and that you come on a thread bagging about other people's new cars shows what a class act you are. 

So sorry to hurt your feelings…

Like I said - we are all entitled to our own opinion.

It has nothing to do with class or character

3 hours ago, transam said:

Doubt readers here are all savvy on grease types, plus I don't see the point of even using copper grease unless you have a noise problem, it just picks up cr_p.

But thanks for clarifying, would hate to see readers splashing ordinary grease over brake pads from info here....????

I did ask why they put a dab of brake grease on the back of the Pads. Their reply as far as I could make out. It helps stops the pistons from freezing up. Also give longer life to the rubber seal round the pistons and stops any squealing of the pads??? And Toyota recommend it. You can make your own mind up on any of that. Anyway that's what my Toyota garage does. They just follow the Toyo book.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I did ask why they put a dab of brake grease on the back of the Pads. Their reply as far as I could make out. It helps stops the pistons from freezing up. Also give longer life to the rubber seal round the pistons and stops any squealing of the pads??? And Toyota recommend it. You can make your own mind up on any of that. Anyway that's what my Toyota garage does. They just follow the Toyo book.

It's a smear of grease in motorcycle terms. ????

2 hours ago, G Rex said:

So sorry to hurt your feelings…

Like I said - we are all entitled to our own opinion.

It has nothing to do with class or character

Indeed we are, and in my opinion anyone (like you) coming on bagging on someone's new car is a low-class c... errr chump. 

Incidentally, I do not have a new car, I am not in the market for a new car, and I have skin like a Rhino's a**.  

6 hours ago, G Rex said:

The CX9 is not offered in Thailand. The largest AWD family Mazda here is the CX8, which is more carlike than the CX9. 

In my native Australia, the Fortuner is very unpopular. People see it for what it is - a Hilux (= Revo) with a full metal jacket. Toyota sell many more Rav 4s, Klugers & LandCruisers in Oz - much better cars.

In Thailand there is not much choice .   

Well there's quite few for sale in Bangkok and a neighbour in my Soi who has visits from family their from Bangkok has a CX9.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Well there's quite few for sale in Bangkok and a neighbour in my Soi who has visits from family their from Bangkok has a CX9.

Not trying to be pedantic , just setting the record straight - Mazda stopped selling CX-9 in LOS many years ago - and replaced it in this market with the updated CX-8  . There are 3 for sale on One2Cars.com now - all 09/10 year models. In this country, Mazdas' bread and butter has been the Mazda2, Mazda3 & BT50 models. 

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Indeed we are, and in my opinion anyone (like you) coming on bagging on someone's new car is a low-class c... errr chump. 

Incidentally, I do not have a new car, I am not in the market for a new car, and I have skin like a Rhino's a**.  

The original post about the Fortuner GR was in fact a derogatory post about the car - hardly someone coming on to show off their new pride and joy..

Possibly you share other Rhino characteristics - they have very poor vision.

Maybe you need to get off your high horse.

Get your facts straight before you prejudge & start referring to me as a c...

37 minutes ago, G Rex said:

Not trying to be pedantic , just setting the record straight - Mazda stopped selling CX-9 in LOS many years ago - and replaced it in this market with the updated CX-8  . There are 3 for sale on One2Cars.com now - all 09/10 year models. In this country, Mazdas' bread and butter has been the Mazda2, Mazda3 & BT50 models. 

The original post about the Fortuner GR was in fact a derogatory post about the car - hardly someone coming on to show off their new pride and joy..

Possibly you share other Rhino characteristics - they have very poor vision.

Maybe you need to get off your high horse.

Get your facts straight before you prejudge & start referring to me as a c...

You're right of course, my apologies.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, G Rex said:
5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

OK well they did have here, the that comes to our soi from Bkk looks new.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 8:01 PM, Yellowtail said:

A "mercedes" driver that hits the curb every time he parks !!! hahahaha can't stop laughing !

Thank you ❤️

A merc is quite cheap, I don't care to drive it like a $hit toyota, because I will just buy a new one when I get bored with this one. Jealous ?!

6 minutes ago, thierryviteau said:

A merc is quite cheap, I don't care to drive it like a $hit toyota, because I will just buy a new one when I get bored with this one. Jealous ?!

Well no, cos I reckon you drive a 20 year old shed of a Nissan pickup.....????

16 hours ago, thierryviteau said:

Why would anyone be jealous of someone driving a cheap car?

• Haha 1