New Fortuner GR Sport

nahkit

Yesterday I noticed an advert on Thai tv for the new Fortuner GR sport and they are offering it in red!

That should really get the MOG's of Thaivisa going, the combination of Fortuner and RED!

Toyota-Fortuner-Pride-Package-II-2.jpg

(MOG's  - Miserable Old Gits)

Edited by nahkit
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dmaxdan said:

A good colour for a Fortuner considering the reputation of many of the people who drive them here ....Red means danger! Keep out of my way or else....!

It's not a Ferrari red and your D-max is just as fast. ????

• Haha 1

If you install air bags in the rear you will have the best of both worlds - soft when empty and still able to carry loads when required.

Remove excess leafs in the springs, may need shorter u bolts too.

Edited by seedy

On 10/5/2021 at 8:11 PM, Yellowtail said:

So you don't have one. How many have you driven for more than an hour?

I've had four Isuzu pickups in the last twenty years.

Fold up rear seats make it useless and badly in need of an update. The 20+ year old design has its limit.

• Sad 1

On 10/5/2021 at 3:11 PM, Yellowtail said:

So you don't have one. How many have you driven for more than an hour?

I've had four Isuzu pickups in the last twenty years.

Congrats!!!! Good idea to put it on a sign board and carry it in front of you....,????

5 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Judging by the picture, the word 'Sport' presumably refers to sumo wrestling. Its hardly a racy looking lump but it does look supremely impractical for any urban use.

Yeah but your not Thai are you, think about it,  who is the marketing for. 

The seats are not 100% leather (or leather imitation) anymore, they use some sort of velour in the middle. That is going to get very dirty and wear very fast and possibly tear.  My wife was enquiring about it, but that put her off, and me. A very strange choice imho.

Even more so, they were going to take our 2 year old Fortuner 2.8 TRD Sport (which is on 5 year finance and I think we gave 25% deposit plus subsequent 2 yrs of payments) and give us nothing back at all. She told them politely where to go. We will either sell it privately and pay back the finance, or simply just keep it the 5 years. Probably the latter. The later models have much more modern tech, and a slightly improved engine, but still an old (but tough and reliable) design. Better to wait for the next model rather than just this facelift.

(Edit: the Fortuner is probably just over 2 yrs old) 

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Venom said:

Fold up rear seats make it useless and badly in need of an update. The 20+ year old design has its limit.

Assuming you are talking about the Fortuner, the platform is about seven years old, not twenty. The first platform lasted about 16 years.

What are you driving now? 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, Kwasaki said:

Not at all this old git likes it,  a bit slow though and still can't take corners. 

I'll give you the 2.4 is slow but the 2.8 TRD in sports mode is rapid. If it's fitted with the 20" rims it also holds the road. Goes round corners like it's on rails. Even in the wet. Maybe you should drive one. N/B also great on fuel.

• Like 1