Brazil's tragic ivermectin frenzy is a warning to the US, experts say

Trump no longer available. Only Bolsonaro left to bash.

Brazil is one of the countries where vaccination has been aggressively pursued. Few Brazilians know what Ivermectin is, why should they? 95% of Brazilians want to get vaccinated though. One of the highest vaccine acceptance in the world.

Trump sorely missed by the fake media.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Given that Ivermectin was widely disseminated by the Brazilian government. how can you plausibly claim that "Few Brazilians know what Ivermectin is..."

Because I've spent 3 months in Brazil over the last 8 months. People don't remember non-remedies now being dug-up by the media for Bolsonaro-bashing purposes.

All kind of sh** was "disseminated" at one time or another by governments as Covid treatments. Some cheap sh** (ivermectin, chloroquine), some expensive sh** (remdesevir). 

Bolsonaro's Brazil has overtaken Biden's US for the 1st dose, and is quickly closing the gap on the 2nd dose.

Portraying Brazil as a failure regarding covid vaccine implementation is a lie. The state of affairs with respect to covid vaccination in Brazil is easy to google.

Edited by JackGats
censored word
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Because I've spent 3 months in Brazil over the last 8 months. People don't remember non-remedies now being dug-up by the media for Bolsonaro-bashing purposes.

All kind of sh** was "disseminated" at one time or another by governments as Covid treatments. Some cheap sh** (ivermectin, chloroquine), some expensive sh** (remdesevir). 

Bolsonaro's Brazil has overtaken Biden's US for the 1st dose, and is quickly closing the gap on the 2nd dose.

Portraying Brazil as a failure regarding covid vaccine implementation is a lie. The state of affairs with respect to covid vaccination in Brazil is easy to google.

Are you actually giving Bolsonaro credit for Brazil's progress in vaccination? Really?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Are you actually giving Bolsonaro credit for Brazil's progress in vaccination? Really?

Of course not. Brazil's progress in vaccination was only achieved over his dead body. Just like the development of vaccines in the US was only possible over Trump's. Stands to reason.

2 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Of course not. Brazil's progress in vaccination was only achieved over his dead body. Just like the development of vaccines in the US was only possible over Trump's. Stands to reason.

OK. I thought since you referred to Brazil as "Bolsonaro's Brazil" you were giving him some sort of credit. Clearly, that's not the case.

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

OK. I thought since you referred to Brazil as "Bolsonaro's Brazil" you were giving him some sort of credit. Clearly, that's not the case.

I was being ironic. I pretended to assume that a right-wing head of State should be blamed for the bad things but never be credited for anything good happening during his mandate. 

Edited by JackGats
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

disagree plus infinity---Brazil took its lead from King Baby Coward

This is like saying Satan is responsible for all evil. Anybody familiar with Bolsonaro knows he needed no help. This is the guy who defended military death squads in his own country after a military coup.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JackGats said:

Brazil is one of the countries where vaccination has been aggressively pursued. Few Brazilians know what Ivermectin is, why should they? 95% of Brazilians want to get vaccinated though. One of the highest vaccine acceptance in the world.

What people want and what people get are not always the same thing.

Brazil is ramping up vaccination but currently has around 45% of adults fully vaccinated, 72% single vaccinated.

The virus is predominantly making seriously ill, hospitalizing and killing the unvaccinated.

Best if luck to Brazil getting the vaccination level to the ‘95%’ who want it.

• Like 1

Reuters: major s..thole chaotic countries/ covid Deaths.

Brazil ; pop. 215 mill, fully vax 57 % ; covid deaths 600k, about 0.3% pop.-  very roughly same as UK !

Mexico; pop. 130 mill, fully vax 40%; 280k dead; about 0.2% pop.- very roughly same as UK /USA !

India: pop. 1390 mill, fully vax 4% ( despite producing vax) ; dead 450k, about 0.03%pop- r. same as UK

China: pop. 1402 mill, no real vax/death rates; massive internet concealment conspiracy” 4636 dead” !

Key Western Organized Advanced Vax Producing Nations: 

UK : pop. 67 mill, fully vax around 90% ? 137k dead, about 0.025 % pop. same as USA

USA: pop. 333 mil, fully vax : unknown / over 50% surely; 704k dead; about 0.025% pop- same as UK

Assuming Delta everywhere at same time.

Death Rate EVERYWHERE within 0.02-0.03% range.

BUT the S..thole Country Data is / must be, of course, way understated (outright lies)

Obvious Question IF Above Data Correct  : ( it simply cant be)

What Difference Does Vax REALLY Make (in general populations )? Appears to be NONE ( cant be)
India Data looks way understated though. Deaths have to be WAY Higher with that very low Vax Rate.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

But that is entirely irrelevant to whether or not it has therapeutic value in treating covid-19.

As opposed to results from Indian state Uttar Pradesh with 200+ mil., now practically zero Covid-19. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, JackGats said:

Don't post misinformation. Brazil is far from the most vaccinated in the world. And many of the jabs were Chinese. Hardly effective.

Stunning anyone would support a nutter like him.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1194813/latin-america-covid-19-vaccination-rate-country/

• Confused 1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/02/mass-protests-in-brazil-call-for-bolsonaros-impeachment

Tens of thousands of protesters have returned to the streets of Brazil’s biggest cities to demand Jair Bolsonaro’s impeachment, as a poll showed the Brazilian president’s ratings had plumbed new depths.

Huge crowds paraded through downtown Rio on Saturday to voice their outrage at Bolsonaro’s response to a Covid outbreak that has killed nearly 600,000 people and dealt a heavy blow to the South American country’s economy.

9 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

So can we compare the covid death rates in the “let it rip / do nothing” countries of Brazil & Mexico with USA / UK “ maximum vax / social restrictions” approach ? 

One problem with your claim here is that it rests on the belief that all government reports about deaths are equally valid. I don't know about Brazil, but a team of statisticians exposed the Mexican government's statistics as massively false.

How two young math geeks solved the mystery of Mexico City’s covid-19 dead

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/05/03/mexico-coronavirus-excess-death/

Hidden Toll: Mexico Ignores Wave of Coronavirus Deaths in Capital

More than three times as many people may have died from Covid-19 in Mexico City than federal statistics show, according to a Times analysis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/world/americas/mexico-coronavirus-count.html

In Mexico, study of ‘excess deaths’ shows at least 60% more COVID-19 victims than reported

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2021-03-28/mexicos-real-covid-19-death-toll-now-stands-at-over-321-000

Mexico vastly underestimating virus death toll, studies say

https://www.ft.com/content/5746d3c0-ea4c-4552-b465-ea0c491079b2

Another problem is that you take no account of demographics. In this case the median age of the populace.

In Mexico the medianj age is 29.2

In Brazil 31.4 years

In the USA it's 38.1

In the UK it's 40.5

In the case of Brazil, it has 598000 deaths and ac population of 213 million

The US has 705,000 deaths and a population of 329,5 million

The UK has 137,00 deaths and  a population of 67 million

It's clear that Brazil has suffered a higher per capita death rate than either the USA or the UK.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

placeholder: its clear from my stats that ALL these specified “developing” countries have (politically) falsified their covid death rates to almost exactly match death rates in developed nations, i.e. around the 0.025% mark.Except China who have opted / suceeded to completely conceal their true figures from all. Just try finding anything on the internet.Nothing but their stupid 4,636 deaths figure……..

Their true covid death rates, with Delta rampant, with their inferior vax / vax programs, with their awful health,housing,  poverty & congestion, I’ m guessing, must be at least 3-4 times western covid deaths,off the charts & through the ceiling…..this will emerge in several years and topple govts, including CCP, I hope.

11 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

placeholder: its clear from my stats that ALL these specified “developing” countries have (politically) falsified their covid death rates to almost exactly match death rates in developed nations, i.e. around the 0.025% mark.Except China who have opted / suceeded to completely conceal their true figures from all. Just try finding anything on the internet.Nothing but their stupid 4,636 deaths figure……..

Their true covid death rates, with Delta rampant, with their inferior vax / vax programs, with their awful health,housing,  poverty & congestion, I’ m guessing, must be at least 3-4 times western covid deaths,off the charts & through the ceiling…..this will emerge in several years and topple govts, including CCP, I hope.

Well, first of all, Brazil's official death rates don't match those of developed nations. In fact, they exceed them. Also, Brazil has an excellent public health system.

As for China, if Covid had reached pandemic levels, we would know about it. There are simply too many westerners scattered throughout that country for them to conceal the effect it would have on hospitals. Of course, China being very close to a totalitarian police state helps a lot. And your characterization of the currently avaiable Chinese vaccines as "no real vax" is baseless. It seems mostly to depend on the fact that antibody levels decline more quickly than in other vaccines. As we've seen in the case of the Pfizer vaccine, even very low or absent antibodies doesn't mean that a vaccine is ineffective.

Edited by placeholder

placeholder: i meant “ no real vax rates and no real death rates”, sorry, sometimes over-summarize.

think we’ve established that all s..thole country official stats. are lies….brazil exceed uk stats.for covid deaths but only 0.025 vs 0.03 % ……politics again…….

and no we wouldnt necessarily know about Chinas real covid deaths….. bodies quickly gathered at night and secretly burned in mass crematoriams…..natives & foreigners lives threatened …….…...

from Wuhan we had those reports of many thousands of urns containing human ashes when they officially reported a few hundred deaths…..and then….nothing…..no further reports.

2 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

placeholder: i meant “ no real vax rates and no real death rates”, sorry, sometimes over-summarize.

think we’ve established that all s..thole country official stats. are lies….brazil exceed uk stats.for covid deaths but only 0.025 vs 0.03 % ……politics again…….

and no we wouldnt necessarily know about Chinas real covid deaths….. bodies quickly gathered at night and secretly burned in mass crematoriams…..natives & foreigners lives threatened …….…...

from Wuhan we had those reports of many thousands of urns containing human ashes when they officially reported a few hundred deaths…..and then….nothing…..no further reports.

I don't know about "we heard those reports" what are the sources for these reports

2 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

the “sources” would be dead if named anywhere…and their families…..matters concerning embarassing that regime cannot be “linked”or “tweeted”…..without consequences.

In other words, nothing that is independently confirmable. An explosive story that none of the media have gotten wind of. Really?  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1