Fire destroys Si Racha home after homeowner reportedly leaves burning cigarette inside, neighbors attack the owner in anger

webfact

screenshot_15336.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Si Racha – A fire has destroyed a house in Si Racha earlier this week after the homeowner accidentally left a burning cigarette in the house, according to Chao Phraya firefighters. His relatives and neighbors, upon hearing about the incident, physically attacked the owner, blaming him for the damage.

Firefighters from the Chao Phraya Surasak fire station were notified of the fire at 1:00 PM on Monday (October 4th) at a house in Surasak.

They and The Pattaya News reporters arrived at the scene to find the fire was heavily ablaze at a small wooden residential home. The burning house was closely surrounded by about seven other houses. Luckily, no other homes were enveloped by the flames.

It took about ten minutes for firefighters to control the fire. The house owner, Mr. Samart Janchiawchan, 38 had escaped injury. His home, however, was a total loss.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/06/fire-destroys-si-racha-home-after-homeowner-reportedly-leaves-burning-cigarette-inside-neighbors-attack-the-owner-in-anger/

PattayaNews.jpg

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

Luckily, no other homes were enveloped by the flames.

Yet these morons attacked him anyway.

This is like a garden shed buring down, put out in 10 minutes.

Likely by lifting it up and dumping it in the nearest klong ????

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Yet these morons attacked him anyway.

Doesn't sound like he was too bright a spark himself. 

He could have killed any of the neighbours.

Something else happened not mentioned here to incite (not ignite) the neighbours. 

• Like 1

So, the neighbour's houses were not affected, but they still attacked the occupant of the house that burned down. I am afraid this accurately reflects what I have seen over the years. No excuses needed to get <deleted> at any time of day, and there is always underlying violence, waiting for a hint of an excuse to break out.

It is reported it was a burning cigarette, but it could easily have been a gas cooker left on, or an open fire, or candle, as I have seen in some of these hovels. Fire traps, one and all. 

20 hours ago, marcho said:

So you are a non smoker I take it.

I smoked off & on most of my life in UK.  When I came to Thailand & saw the price of cigs was less than half I couldn't believe it.  As I grew older on a frozen pension, it made me more determined than ever to keep drawing it as long as possible.  A Thai hospital cured me in a week.

In the report it says that this house was closely surrounded by the other houses.

I would be upset by someone else being careless and causing a fire that could have

also burned down my house, wouldn't you?  Read the whole story, or at least that is

what I have been told many times, when I comment without doing so.

Geezer