Senior minister wants to see E-cigarettes legalized in Thailand

webfact

12 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

ok show me the prove 

I'm assuming you're a vapor user.

I don't care if you vape.

Its better than that filthy habit of regular smoking.

But to say its not unhealthy is untrue.

Obviously its addictive or you wouldn't do it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Its above you in my previous post.

John Hopkins Medical University.

"Research Suggests Vaping Is Bad for Your Heart and Lungs"

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/5-truths-you-need-to-know-about-vaping

Ok its reverse from the royal college of physicians london so many conflicts who do believe i now i've vaped for 9 years and feel good at 73 no more out of breath do cycling and run 6k every 2 days .have nice eve . 

1 minute ago, PEE TEE said:

yes they are referring to the deaths from THC and vitamin E from black market traders its like vaping an oil based substances which is deadly . proper E juice has VG vegetable glistering PG properoperline glycol Mixed with a flavour produced from a company especially for vaping without other chemicals that can harm plus the level of nicotine ie. 3 mg . 6 mg ect  . This make the hoskins report bias   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I'm assuming you're a vapor user.

I don't care if you vape.

Its better than that filthy habit of regular smoking.

But to say its not unhealthy is untrue.

Obviously its addictive or you wouldn't do it.

I do it for a hobby i make my own juice coils mech mods and RDAs so yes as a hobby its additive and quite a science using ohms law etc . the most dangerous part is if you get wrong the batteries can explode . This has caused some problems as also mobile phones exploding  Thanks for the reply 

12 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

At your age enjoy yourself.

Whatever you're doing seems to work.

I was a smoker for 20 years and quit.  Its been 5 years now. 

That was one of the hardest things to quit.

I still get urges to smoke.

1 minute ago, PEE TEE said:

I do it for a hobby i make my own juice coils mech mods and RDAs so yes as a hobby its additive and quite a science using ohms law etc . the most dangerous part is if you get wrong the batteries can explode . This has caused some problems as also mobile phones exploding  Thanks for the reply 

Interesting.

Stay safe and enjoy your week!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Plenty of proof its addictive and deadly.

OMG ... this is quoted from the link provided;

"with vaping, we simply don’t know the short- or long-term effects yet and which e-cigarette components are to blame"

if your link states we do NOT know, how you do convert it in actual deaths?

nobody has ever died in the whole world for vaping vaping products, show me just one case, please

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

At your age enjoy yourself.

Whatever you're doing seems to work.

I was a smoker for 20 years and quit.  Its been 5 years now. 

That was one of the hardest things to quit.

I still get urges to smoke.

I got urges to smoke when I was vaping with no nicotine (nearly 2 years) then I decided to go back to nicotine, and 3 years later no urge at all, I vape 2 mililitres per day in a pod system, maybe you should try it if you are tempted to smoke again.

And as I already said, when I started vaping I had no intention at all to quit smoking, but I did it because vaping is more satisfying, clean and healthy to me and to everyone around me.

• Like 2

Amazing! A minister in support of drug harm reduction and science!

I need an aspirin and a good lie down. 

Well done that man. Let's hope he can convince the dinosaur set with some cost benefit analysis and a further much needed tax stream. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Virt said:

True but it's nice with an alternative to regular cigarettes.

Personally i say, legalize vaping but ban the flavours.

Many of those shifting from regular cigarettes to vaping are not doing it for the flavour, but to get their nicotine in a less deadly way and by banning flavours it might disencourage younger people from starting if it does not taste of anything.

Are you Danish? 

7 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

No prove to say its deadly only if the stupid vape crazy stuff without knowing the science of vape juice PG VG Flavors that is made for vaping and nicotine that's it 

Some of the things CDC describes sounds a bit deadly in my ears..

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of e cigs compared to regular cigarettes, but it's still a habit that is not healthy in the long run.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/about-e-cigarettes.html#e-cigarettes-less-harmful

"

Are e-cigarettes less harmful than regular cigarettes?
Cigarette and smoke

Yes—but that doesn’t mean e-cigarettes are safe. E-cigarette aerosol generally contains fewer toxic chemicals than the deadly mix of 7,000 chemicals in smoke from regular cigarettes.3 However, e-cigarette aerosol is not harmless. It can contain harmful and potentially harmful substances, including nicotine, heavy metals like lead, volatile organic compounds, and cancer-causing agents.1

Acute exposure to e-cigarettes causes inflammation and pulmonary endothelial oxidative stress in nonsmoking, healthy young subjects | American Journal of Physiology-Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology

in short it is very unhealthy and causes many kind of health problems.

The use of electronic cigarettes (e-cig) has been growing rapidly among the US population, particularly among youth and young adults (49). This is an unsettling trend given the limited information on the effects of aerosolized components and the thermal degradation products contained in e-cig vapor. To date, there is little evidence to support the widespread perception that e-cigs are a safer alternative to tobacco cigarette smoking. Furthermore, recent evidence has demonstrated that regardless of nicotine levels, inhalation of e-cig aerosol alone has multiple adverse health impacts (48, 50, 61, 64).

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Acute exposure to e-cigarettes causes inflammation and pulmonary endothelial oxidative stress in nonsmoking, healthy young subjects | American Journal of Physiology-Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology

in short it is very unhealthy and causes many kind of health problems.

The use of electronic cigarettes (e-cig) has been growing rapidly among the US population, particularly among youth and young adults (49). This is an unsettling trend given the limited information on the effects of aerosolized components and the thermal degradation products contained in e-cig vapor. To date, there is little evidence to support the widespread perception that e-cigs are a safer alternative to tobacco cigarette smoking. Furthermore, recent evidence has demonstrated that regardless of nicotine levels, inhalation of e-cig aerosol alone has multiple adverse health impacts (48, 50, 61, 64).

have you read carefully the studies posted? I have done with #48, it uses 10 young adults, not used to vaping and puts them in an acute exposure (their words not mine), the results are some reaction, very variable, there are subjects with nearly no reaction, and only one with an acute one, parameters rise 2 hours after vaping, and disappear 4 hours later

another important bias in the study is in the way the make them puff, they have to restrain from taking air  from their nose while vaping, I do vape daily, and I always inhale with both my mouth and nose ... so the vaping situation monitored is forced, not real

of course the body reacts in several ways when you introduce external elements inside, but the study does not show any harm in the subjects, and what is more important, the effect of inhalation dissapears quickly

if companies had so much interest in demonstrating the lethal actual and real effects of alcohol ingestion, probably it would be banned in the whole world ... but no, it won't happen, there are drugs and behaviours admited by capitalism, and others that endanger their profits are not ...

OMG, editing again, the supposed 4 studies linked at the bottom of you message quoted here are only one ... the 4 links numbered differently direct to the exact same paper I am talking about ....

another strategy of spreading lies about vaping, you put 4 links supposed to be 4 studies that nearly nobody ever reads or even open, and it is only one prepared and biased experiment forced to produce some results that people get as conclusive and scientific facts ... so powerful is the fight of traditional tobacco industry against something that can kill their business

and your conclusion that "it is very unhealthy and causes many kind of health problems" has nothing to do with what the only study says, zero proof provided of the unhealthiness of vaping in your links, as usual, just cheap propaganda sponsored by whoever may have payed for the forced study

these are their conclusions "These findings suggest that even in the absence of nicotine, acute e-cig aerosol inhalation leads to a transient increase in oxidative stress and inflammation. This can adversely affect the vascular endothelial network by promoting oxidative stress and immune cell adhesion. Thus e-cig inhalation has the potential to drive the onset of vascular pathologies."

suggest ... transient ... this can affect ... has the potential ... all expresions are speculative, not factual

please, do not spread lies, be more critical with what they make you think about everything, we have to many of that everywhere

zh50061976510002.jpeg

Edited by josemanuel
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, brommers said:

Using the same argument he should also propose to legalise battery operated dildos and other sex toys!

When I went back to the UK I gave my lady one of the above but when I returned to Thailand I had to confiscate it because of the dental bills I had to settle for her  missing teeth . 

16 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Don't give a stuff about e fags.

How about legalising being able to go to a bar or restaurant and enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine.

Not really on topic, but when they do open, it would be nice if they were smoke free... but I somehow doubt it. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, PaDavid said:

Having been a smoker since I was 14, vaping is a godsend to me. However, I agree about the clouds of vapour being pretentious.

Same here, I vape but can never understand the clouds. I never touch cigs in UK, but have no option but to buy cigs when visiting Thailand to the annoyance of my family. Feel as guilty as hell when I do. I vape MTL with a mild, pretty neutral, home made dessert flavour which has a pleasant aroma, much better than the stink of cigarettes. I produce very little vape 'smoke' using it this way. At 50, I don't have any cough like I did as a regular smoker, and I can blow a peak flow meter off the scale, which is more than my much younger non smoking counterparts.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Card said:

Ridiculous statement. How can any atmospheric pollutant be 'safe' for your lungs? Tell me. They may be less harmful than cigarettes but safe they are not.

but it would keep millions of stinking butts  of the streets  even better off the beaches

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harveyboy said:

but it would keep millions of stinking butts  of the streets  even better off the beaches

You really must stop sniffing ciggy butts, it's bad for your health, plus I thought you cannot smoke on LOS beaches...????