Senior minister wants to see E-cigarettes legalized in Thailand

webfact

58 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

For every report that says they are not safe you will find another that says they are.

If you read your link it is very careful to say on every topic that e liquids can, emphasis on the can, contain certain chemicals etc etc 

In countries like america and the UK there are strict guidelines to ensure that these are not contained within the products for sale there.

People read one report and make their mind up. 

The simple fact is they are, by far, safer than smoking cigarettes and no evidence has yet to be shown that they are significantly dangerous to ones health as all the reports only speculate.

To my knowledge it has also never been challenged that the vapor given off is toxic in any way to others.

I found many more articles based on research carried out by reputable bodies explaining why they are not safe. I  think it's clear to say they are safe is wrong.

I never said they weren't safer than cigarettes.

I am 64, been a smoker since my early teens, on may 2016, I started using vaping devices, first for fun, but in weeks I quit smoking, i did not intend to, but it was more satisfying to me, before that date and since 2008 I spent one or two months in thailand on vacation with my partner, since I started vaping we never came back there ... switched to other asian countries instead. I will not enter Thailand again while actual laws about vaping don't change drastically, because I would have to use tobacco again, after more than 5 years away from it, it is ridiculous, maybe this has something to do with the proposal. Actual law may put you in jail waiting for trial if found in posession of just one vape device even if not using it. It is forbiden to import the devices, not the use of them, but we all know how thai police works, you can read a lot of really nasty experiences about having a vaping devices and their work.

So, I totally agree with the proposition.

About health and vaping, not one person has been reported dead or seriously ill because of vaping, you won't find a single real case, people dying in USA were vaping other adultered drugs in their devices, it has nothing to do with actual vaping liquids. Meanwhile NHS are prescribing Pfizer ´Champix, a product that has caused deads, even in the prospect it talks about depression and posible suicide as secondary effects after they actually happened. Fortunately this product has also cancerigen substances, and a few  weeks ago it was completely retired from the market.

As for passive vaping persons, there has been some studies made, and it has not proved to be harmfull in any way to people around, wich is no surprise, as no vaping people has been rightfully diagnosed  of health issues because of vaping.

Nicotine is adictive, yes, it is, but it is also harmless in the quantities used by vapers, Again not a single study has proved any medical condition related with nicotine use in these ammounts.

So I think it is a movement in the righ direction, something that will have no cost, apart from the lost of taxes from ex smokers, and will put thailand again in the spot of the millions of vapers around the world that need vaping to avoid smoking, as I do.

Edited by josemanuel
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Virt said:

True but it's nice with an alternative to regular cigarettes.

Personally i say, legalize vaping but ban the flavours.

Many of those shifting from regular cigarettes to vaping are not doing it for the flavour, but to get their nicotine in a less deadly way and by banning flavours it might disencourage younger people from starting if it does not taste of anything.

vaping VG is a sweet flavor by itself just add 3% nicotine job done 

5 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

I have been vaping now for 9 years from smoking 60 cigarettes' a day and not had one since. My cardio ha improved and at 73 years old i cycle and run never like before i smoked . If idiots vape on THC or vitamin E or any other oil based substances then you will be in trouble. according to the royal collage  of physicians  Uk it is 95% safer than smoking. Thailand has made Kratom legal and that will mess up your brain. it about time some good sense has been announce by a minister. i agree blowing huge cloud of WATER Vapor is annoying to others and some of the flavor's can be a bit smelly but then so is petrol and diesel fumes. As foe making it legal a would think the tobacco company of Thailand will block it as they would lose too much money on the sale of cigarettes'  

nobody talks about incense smoke, it is so much more harmful to people than vaping vapour, moreover I do use pods, they produce so little vapour I can use it without nobody getting any of my vapour, first or second use

and about smelling bad ... well there are a lot of bad smells in every places of the world, Thailand included

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

If it is legal too smoke cigarettes then it may as well be legal to vape.

Both fruck up your lungs and both are obnoxious to non users.

Have you any facts on vaping does lung damage i would be interested  to know 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, josemanuel said:

nobody talks about incense smoke, it is so much more harmful to people than vaping vapour, moreover I do use pods, they produce so little vapour I can use it without nobody getting any of my vapour, first or second use

and about smelling bad ... well there are a lot of bad smells in every places of the world, Thailand included

correct sir also those mossy coils are quite toxic 

• Like 1

Just now, PEE TEE said:

Have you any facts on vaping does lung damage i would be interested  to know 

no, there is no real evidence about producing any kind of health issues, I have been revising through years all kind of scientific literature about it, you can find many news in the media about it, but not one real scientific fact

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, josemanuel said:

no, there is no real evidence about producing any kind of health issues, I have been revising through years all kind of scientific literature about it, you can find many news in the media about it, but not one real scientific fact

Yes there has been many fake reports and many no fake as yet no prove has been positive to lung damage only back a couple of years with black market juice that contained THC and vitamin E compared to drinking engine oil on a small scale i think some died from it in the USA . Thank you for the reply 

17 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Horrible things, smell worse than cigarettes

Where I go for a beer, there is a tool who likes to show off his vapping clouds to fill up the area, which folk have to smile and grimace at the same time.

I used to smoke, if I get a whiff of a ciggy it doesn't bother me, but having a cloud of Chinese cr_p around my head that smells like the inside of birds handbag  really pi$$es me off...????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Virt said:

I hear ya, and promoting vaping as safe is not the right way to go.

It's still deadly in the long run, but overall it's a better alternative which might end up giving the smoker a few more years in the end.

It's hard to know how deadly it exactly is, since we haven't had 50 years of vaping data to look into.

No prove to say its deadly only if the stupid vape crazy stuff without knowing the science of vape juice PG VG Flavors that is made for vaping and nicotine that's it 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, josemanuel said:

I am 64, been a smoker since my early teens, on may 2016, I started using vaping devices, first for fun, but in weeks I quit smoking, i did not intend to, but it was more satisfying to me, before that date and since 2008 I spent one or two months in thailand on vacation with my partner, since I started vaping we never came back there ... switched to other asian countries instead. I will not enter Thailand again while actual laws about vaping don't change drastically, because I would have to use tobacco again, after more than 5 years away from it, it is ridiculous, maybe this has something to do with the proposal. Actual law may put you in jail waiting for trial if found in posession of just one vape device even if not using it. It is forbiden to import the devices, not the use of them, but we all know how thai police works, you can read a lot of really nasty experiences about having a vaping devices and their work.

So, I totally agree with the proposition.

About health and vaping, not one person has been reported dead or seriously ill because of vaping, you won't find a single real case, people dying in USA were vaping other adultered drugs in their devices, it has nothing to do with actual vaping liquids. Meanwhile NHS are prescribing Pfizer ´Champix, a product that has caused deads, even in the prospect it talks about depression and posible suicide as secondary effects after they actually happened. Fortunately this product has also cancerigen substances, and a few  weeks ago it was completely retired from the market.

As for passive vaping persons, there has been some studies made, and it has not proved to be harmfull in any way to people around, wich is no surprise, as no vaping people has been rightfully diagnosed  of health issues because of vaping.

Nicotine is adictive, yes, it is, but it is also harmless in the quantities used by vapers, Again not a single study has proved any medical condition related with nicotine use in these ammounts.

So I think it is a movement in the righ direction, something that will have no cost, apart from the lost of taxes from ex smokers, and will put thailand again in the spot of the millions of vapers around the world that need vaping to avoid smoking, as I do.

You are spot on sir i totally agree .

• Like 1

Countless studies are showing vaping to be far less harmful than smoking, as the nicotine is not getting burned. About time Thailand begins to catch up to planet earth. 

We all know this never had anything to do with health, and everything to do with the heinous Thai government monopoly on tobacco. It was always about the money.

• Like 2

WOO HOO! Now I won't have to have my e-juice smuggled in! ???? I have been vaping for 5 years now. My clothes, hair, house or breath doesn't smell like a nasty ashtray any longer. Actually my clothes smell like the yummy fruity juice I vape and I don't cough up tar filled phlegm any more! ????

• Like 2

It's personal choice but its unhealthy.

"By now, it seems pretty clear that using e-cigarettes, or vaping, is bad for your lungs."

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/what-does-vaping-do-to-your-lungs

I wish people could just quit both smoking and e- cigarettes.

I know both are probably almost impossible to give up.

Thailand realizes theres a ton of money to be made regardless of how bad it is.

Great podcast on vaping by Wondery.

https://open.spotify.com/show/2undusqSjrIR6pCnJPm9UZ?si=pDlIa5U-RPGD9y_S9yaRgg&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

Screenshot_20211006-200335.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

40 minutes ago, Barefootknobby said:

I must say, I have many friends in the U.K. will not travel here anymore since they enforced this outdated law. 

They won't visit because they can't vape?

Shows how addictive it is.

Maybe time for new friends.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

No prove to say its deadly only if the stupid vape crazy stuff without knowing the science of vape juice PG VG Flavors that is made for vaping and nicotine that's it 

Plenty of proof its addictive and deadly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, josemanuel said:

"Vaping Is Less Harmful Than Smoking, but It’s Still Not Safe"

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/5-truths-you-need-to-know-about-vaping