Senior minister wants to see E-cigarettes legalized in Thailand

webfact

24 minutes ago, transam said:

You really must stop sniffing ciggy butts, it's bad for your health, plus I thought you cannot smoke on LOS beaches...????

can smell em a mile off stinks...go to jomtien beach as soon as you sit or lie down got cig buts stuck to you disgusting 

Good to see progress being made on this front.

It's absolutely wrong to jail and fine vapers so heavily.

As long as strict quality standards are maintained vape liquids are

not any more dangerous than, say, cigarettes.

They shouldn't use Diketones and absolutely none of that illegal THC stuff please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Good to see progress being made on this front.

It's absolutely wrong to jail and fine vapers so heavily.

As long as strict quality standards are maintained vape liquids are

not any more dangerous than, say, cigarettes.

They shouldn't use Diketones and absolutely none of that illegal THC stuff please.

Whose gonna check on what's in the liquid used, Thailand, the land of fake everything coming in over different borders .....????

PS. I actually know a Thai bloke who sells the stuff, "Chow Ming Puffers"....????

21 hours ago, josemanuel said:

nobody has ever died in the whole world for vaping vaping products, show me just one case, please

"As of November 21, the CDCTrusted Source has confirmed 2,290 vaping related lung injury cases, with 47 deaths"

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/lung-vaping-disease-now-called-evali

Your welcome.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, josemanuel said:

maybe you should try it if you are tempted to smoke again.

I don't want to start vaping.

I just get over the urges with a little self control.

I notice less people smoke than even 5 years ago.

Horrible habit, and expensive.

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

"As of November 21, the CDCTrusted Source has confirmed 2,290 vaping related lung injury cases, with 47 deaths"

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/lung-vaping-disease-now-called-evali

Your welcome.

This number is for illegal THC vapes, not e cigarettes as you think, it has nothing to do with normal e liquids. I don t think you checked your source or you don t understand what we are talking about.

By the way, even if this number was real which is not, take alook at this from the CDC, you are more than welcome:

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm#diseases

• Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 7 million deaths per year.2 If the pattern of smoking all over the globe doesn’t change, more than 8 million people a year will die from diseases related to tobacco use by 2030.3
  • Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
  • On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.4
  • If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1
Edited by thaichina
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, thaichina said:

This number is for illegal THC vapes, not e cigarettes as you think, it has nothing to do with normal e liquids. I don t think you checked your source or you don t understand what we are talking about.

By the way, even if this number was real which is not, take alook at this from the CDC, you are more than welcome:

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm#diseases

• Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 7 million deaths per year.2 If the pattern of smoking all over the globe doesn’t change, more than 8 million people a year will die from diseases related to tobacco use by 2030.3
  • Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
  • If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1

I don't think smoking vapors is good for you.

I definitely wouldn't want any of my family or loved ones doing it.

Best thing is not to do it.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/Quick-Facts-on-the-Risks-of-E-cigarettes-for-Kids-Teens-and-Young-Adults.html

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I don't think smoking vapors is good for you.

I definitely wouldn't want any of my family or loved ones doing it.

Best thing is not to do it.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/Quick-Facts-on-the-Risks-of-E-cigarettes-for-Kids-Teens-and-Young-Adults.html

I am not saying it s good for you, I m saying it should not be banned.

It s not smoking, it s vaping, and it s not about kids who should stay away from it anyway, but adults who want to quit smoking. It s like for weed, everybody always talks about kids to try to ban it for adults, we are not kds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaichina said:

I am not saying it s good for you, I m saying it should not be banned.

It s not smoking, it s vaping, and it s not about kids who should stay away from it anyway, but adults who want to quit smoking. It s like for weed, everybody always talks about kids to try to ban it for adults, we are not kds.

I agree.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, club said:

Has this guy ever seen what happens when they explode? Maybe he should try it first.  

yes, stupid people do stupid things all over the world ... phones and laptops do explode also, it is a problem with lithium batteries, no matter what device they are used into, this has nothing to do with vaping

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 6:34 PM, thaichina said:

people do not read ... that is  a fact, but they can state as facts any payed headline ... this is how the world runs nowadays ... too sad

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 4:11 PM, josemanuel said:

yes, stupid people do stupid things all over the world ... phones and laptops do explode also, it is a problem with lithium batteries, no matter what device they are used into, this has nothing to do with vaping

Then why make another stupid thing legal? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, club said:

to let people that vapes in other countries visit the country and avoid smoking? to give an alternative to thai smokers much more healthy than tobacco?

moreover, vaping is not stupid, much more stupid, in terms of health issues, is drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes

Edited by josemanuel
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, club said:

Personally it annoys me that my better half has to turn to regular cigarettes when we are in Thailand, because she can't vape there.

It was not a problem on our first 7 or 8 vacations in Thailand, but then suddenly vaping was an issue.

I wonder what made it change so suddenly a few years ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Virt said:

I wonder what made it change so suddenly a few years ago.

The Thai tobacco monopoly noticed it was impacting their sales I expect. Coincidentally saw a Thai lady vaping last night, not seen any for ages. 

16 hours ago, club said:

Nicotine IS LEGAL! Why outlaw the mode of delivery???  This is like allowing people to ingest caffeine through coffee but outlawing it through caffeinated sodas! Makes NO SENSE at all! Especially when you are not consuming tar and carcinogens when you vape! Now which choice is stupid?

• Like 1