Jump to content

Vaccination on a tourist visa?


Recommended Posts

I have a wealthy friend who's looking to come to Thailand for an extended stay. Is it possible for her to get vaccinated here if she has a tourist visa? She's thinking of applying for one of those extended tourist visas that have been promised. If the tourist visa isn't viable, what about one of those visas that can be acquired for a substantial sum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe a paid option at a private hospital?

 

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/packages/moderna

 

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/moderna-vaccine-booking

 

When is your friend arriving? How long are they staying? Where are they staying? Able to get a second dose in 4 weeks?

 

More about timing and logistics I think.

 

 

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

what about one of those visas that can be acquired for a substantial sum?

https://www.thailandelite.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like many things, this is a fast moving target. At the current time, in selected provinces (including Bangkok) and if over age 40, your friend is very likely to be successful if signing up through the hospitals identified by https://www.thailandintervac.com/. It does not seem visa status is a factor.

 

If under age 40, contacting hospitals directly may yield a successful outcome, but this is less certain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might be  a better idea for  your wealthy friend to pay to get vaccinated in whichever country she is coming  from. 

 

Vaccinations here are not recognised in some other countries and sometimes a choice is not given on which type of vaccine.

 

If she is coming from a first world country she will probably have choice and less of a waiting list.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, phetphet said:

It might be  a better idea for  your wealthy friend to pay to get vaccinated in whichever country she is coming  from. 

 

Vaccinations here are not recognised in some other countries and sometimes a choice is not given on which type of vaccine.

 

If she is coming from a first world country she will probably have choice and less of a waiting list.

 

She's coming from China.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 10:22 PM, placeholder said:

I have a wealthy friend who's looking to come to Thailand for an extended stay. Is it possible for her to get vaccinated here if she has a tourist visa? She's thinking of applying for one of those extended tourist visas that have been promised. If the tourist visa isn't viable, what about one of those visas that can be acquired for a substantial sum?

So, she will be coming to Thailand unvaccinated and needs to qurantione. Which country she is from? Why she wants to get vaccinated in Thailand? Why she can't get vaccinated in her home country? I have not heard of anybody coming to Thailand for getting vaccinated. It is possible in private hospitals but I would recommend coming next year.

 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...