Death of trespasser: Swiss man's Thai wife was having affair with victim, say family

webfact

21 minutes ago, connda said:

If I walk into a bank or gold shop with a gun and get shot dead, am I the perpetrator or victim?

Not that easy  if nobody see same this case. The man is dead and the Swiss is alive, many Thai have the pistol in the pocket and not all is a killer. 

If you kill someone it is not always easy to justify your innocence because you have commit assassin, someone is death because you.

Edited by BE88
  • Sad 1

Family claiming man had money in his pocket, now gone? How does mom know what man has in his pocket?  Did he have a gun 8n his pocket last time she saw him.    Did man receive a call or text to come over?  Maybe he tried to buy the Swiss guy away?

Remember rule#1.  Stay worth more alive than dead. 

thoughts Rudolph must be thinking....

...the deceased's family lives just 900 meters away...and they're accusing you and your wife of slandering their now dead son with a concocted coverup story that he was trying to rob you. They're also claiming your wife benefited from generous gifts of money that the dead son bestowed on your wife. The deceased had children and a mother who were to one degree or another depending on him. One way or another, they're probably telling themselves Nit would still be alive if it wasn't for her. All the makings of a blood feud. It's probably gonna take a substantial sum to make things right...wonder whose pocket the money's gonna come out of ...? for sure the deceased's family are eyeing the 300K bail money...probably thinking there's a whole lot more where that came from, too...

...just found out the wife has been knocking boots with her boyfriend down the road for the last several years. Holy plaa tuu! How could I have been so gullible to believe she was just chatting and drinking and playing dominoes with her girlfriends all this time? And the matter-of-fact way she pretended Nit was just a casual acquaintance when she was explaining everything to the police? Sends a shiver up my spine...How could I ever trust her again?

...Nit and Lek must have loved one another...what was their long term plan? Was she in on it?...they're saying she talked to him the same day he came to the house! Was he there to kill me? Did he say 'money, money, money' just loud enough so my wife could tell the police she heard him say this so everyone would think my murder was a robbery-gone-bad? my wife could have recognized him easily... why wasn't he worried that he might be recognized by her???

...what the blank am I going to do now? where am I gonna go? my whole life's been turned upside down...

Hey, Rudolph, if you're reading this PM me if I can help in any way. I can only imagine what you're going through, brother. Hang tough, you'll make it through this.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

...the deceased's family lives just 900 meters away...and they're accusing you and your wife of slandering their now dead son with a concocted coverup story that he was trying to rob you. They're also claiming your wife benefited from generous gifts of money that the dead son bestowed on your wife. The deceased had children and a mother who were to one degree or another depending on him. One way or another, they're probably telling themselves Nit would still be alive if it wasn't for her. All the makings of a blood feud. It's probably gonna take a substantial sum to make things right...wonder whose pocket the money's gonna come out of ...? for sure the deceased's family are eyeing the 300K bail money...probably thinking there's a whole lot more where that came from, too...

...just found out the wife has been knocking boots with her boyfriend down the road for the last several years. Holy plaa tuu! How could I have been so gullible to believe she was just chatting and drinking and playing dominoes with her girlfriends all this time? And the matter-of-fact way she pretended Nit was just a casual acquaintance when she was explaining everything to the police? Sends a shiver up my spine...How could I ever trust her again?

...Nit and Lek must have loved one another...what was their long term plan? Was she in on it?...they're saying she talked to him the same day he came to the house! Was he there to kill me? Did he say 'money, money, money' just loud enough so my wife could tell the police she heard him say this so everyone would think my murder was a robbery-gone-bad? my wife could have recognized him easily... why wasn't he worried that he might be recognized by her???

...what the blank am I going to do now? where am I gonna go? my whole life's been turned upside down...

Hey, Rudolph, if you're reading this PM me if I can help in any way. I can only imagine what you're going through, brother. Hang tough, you'll make it through this.

I think it was the other way around; the wife giving him money.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

She claimed he had already got 40,000 baht from her

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I would imagine he is simply thinking "They were having an affair?" and "Did they plan to kill me?".  that's it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It has now been reported that the deceased guy was invited to the house , so its questionable as to whether he jumped over the wall and highly unlikely that he demanded any money

So why did he take HIS gun?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So why did he take HIS gun?

First off, i have no idea who is speaking the truth and so far the Swiss his story looks ok.

But if i was this guy and i was invited to the house of the guys whos wife i was banging id bring a gun or something with me as insurance. (actually I would never go there but that is an other story).

The one weak spot in the Swiss his story is how he got the gun. I mean he is older and facing a guy with a gun.

Either the Swiss guy has balls of steel and was well trained, or it was an ambush and the Thai guy never saw it coming.

I would still go for the Swiss his story. I mean who would kill a love rival, I mean there are easier ways to get rid of someone.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I think it was the other way around; the wife giving him money.

It's entirely possible that I'm the one who is confused, but I believe the quote from the OP news article that "she (the mother of the deceased) claimed he had already got 40,000 baht from her" is a reference to the mother's claim that 40,000 baht that her son was in possession of had gone missing, not that the Swiss guy's wife was giving her son money.

At any rate, in the below Amarin TV news clip at the 8:55 mark the mother recounts that when the son sold a bunch of cattle a few years ago for 522,000 baht, he gave the Swiss guy's wife a substantial portion of the proceeds, and at the 10:38 mark she can be heard saying that "whenever he sold anything, he gave the Swiss guy's wife all the money." This is what I was basing my comments on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-rf_kTmDCI&feature=emb_imp_woyt

Edited by Gecko123

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Either the Swiss guy has balls of steel and was well trained, or it was an ambush and the Thai guy never saw it coming.

I would still go for the Swiss his story. I mean who would kill a love rival, I mean there are easier ways to get rid of someone.

I would say that Rudolph knew about his wife's infidelities and the identity of her lover.  Apparently they had been seeing each other for 2-3 year, and the relatives and locals all knew about it.  He must be pretty blind not to.

So if her lover comes around, and the 2 get into a serious fight, with Rudolph beating him into unconsciousness, then you know with Thais and their idea of losing face that this will not end there.  Sathien's sense of honour will only be satisfied if he beats Rudolph to within an inch of his life. 

So if that was the situation, what would you do if you were in Rudolph's flip-flops?

A. let him live, knowing full well that he will come after you with deadly intent

B. let him live, and move far, far away ASAP

C. have an "oops" while he is unconscious

3 minutes ago, wadman said:

I would say that Rudolph knew about his wife's infidelities and the identity of her lover.  Apparently they had been seeing each other for 2-3 year, and the relatives and locals all knew about it.  He must be pretty blind not to.

So if her lover comes around, and the 2 get into a serious fight, with Rudolph beating him into unconsciousness, then you know with Thais and their idea of losing face that this will not end there.  Sathien's sense of honour will only be satisfied if he beats Rudolph to within an inch of his life. 

So if that was the situation, what would you do if you were in Rudolph's flip-flops?

A. let him live, knowing full well that he will come after you with deadly intent

B. let him live, and move far, far away ASAP

C. have an "oops" while he is unconscious

Lot of assumptions, it would either be A or B. But I would never be in that situation. Id be long gone. 

My exwife had a thai lover who she called uncle.When i find out i divorced her.No drama.

She moved to my country 12 year ago..i divorced her 6 year ago.We still live in same city.Say hi and talk to echother when we meet in shops etc..Our 2 kids visit me often.They all live in my country.

Shes remarried and me and her new husband respect echother and allways talk with  echother when we meet.PAST IS PAST!!!

The obvious concern should be that: If the guy was having an affair with the foreigner's wife...and he showed up at their home with a gun...the intention was clear....the wife should be the one arrested, not the intended murder victim....for defending himself....and not armed, at that....

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Never heard "the old saying" that goes, "there are always two versions of a fact".   Where did you find that gem?

Google Thai translation offering for "same-same, but different", presumably.

Another news article about the case:

Family members of Thai man who was killed by Swiss national in Udon Thani claim motive was affair not money - The Pattaya News

Sathien’s mother, Khan Chantarakhantri, told the Thai press that her son was secretly having a relationship with Rudolf’s wife for 2-3 years. The reason he went inside the house was that the wife was reportedly calling him. However, Sathien instead confronted the foreigner before there was a quarrel and subsequent physical altercation.

“The autopsy concluded that he died of a liver rupture. He might have been beaten to death. Please be just and don’t say that my son went to rob the foreigner. It ruins our family reputation,” she added.

So apparently the wife was calling Sathien.  He came over, got into a fight, a shot was fired, and then she had to be woken up by her husband?  Hmmm...

Autopsy says death by liver damage.  Reports also note that Sathien "had cheek and eyebrow cuts and bruises".  But Rudolph doesn't have a single mark on his body.  Must have been quite the one-sided fight.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

She reiterated that there was no way this was an attempt to steal. She said that her ex had 290,000 baht in cash on his person after the sale of one rai of land to a relative.

She claimed that money was now missing.

So the deceased has 290k in his pocket when he visits the house? Clearly many looking to squeeze as much money out of this as they can.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wadman said:

I think it's more likely that Sathian went there to tell Rudolph to move on and move away.  The house is likely in the wife's name, so can Rudolph kindly make himself scarce now, so Sathian and Lak can live happily ever after in her house.

This is most likely the closest to the truth . Who wants to live in a rural village where the locals are threatening you with a gun ? 

8 hours ago, Pravda said:

So, another dolt who bought a house in Thailand.

Please,have some respect for a farang,whos wife was not only was being sh.agged cuckolded without pity ,probably from both ends too and now finds himself right up in s.hit creek

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Please,have some respect for a farang,whos wife was not only was being sh.agged cuckolded without pity ,probably from both ends too and now finds himself right up in s.hit creek

Noted 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

I had a friend in Hua Hin, Raymond Hind, who wasn't as lucky as the Swiss guy.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/crime-chiang-rai-thailand/thai-wife-says-murdered-pensioner-was-dying-anyway/

Or my friend in Ranong http://phuketwan.com/tourism/thai-wife-expat-murdered-us1-million-11505/

• Sad 1