Death of trespasser: Swiss man's Thai wife was having affair with victim, say family

webfact

1 hour ago, aussiebrian said:

"His brother met Khun Nee about eight years ago when she worked in a bar in Soi Green mango on Koh Samui."

So she worked at a bar in Soi Green Mango around 2001. Scary to think I may well have met her myself. 

RIP to your friend

9 hours ago, connda said:

So the story gets twisted Thai style.

The wife has a boy-friend who jumps the fence and threatens the Swiss farang with a deadly weapon - a revolver.  The Swiss farang defends himself, disarms the attacker, and ties him up for the police.  Attacker dies.  Swiss farang is now a terrible person deserving of jail and whatever hell the Thai legal system can throw at him while cheered on by the attacker's family and the Thai public.  He's obviously a guilty bad-man because his wife and the attacker were screwing behind his back and ripping off his wealth.  So the entire affair is the Swiss farang's fault and he should be thrown into a prison for the rest of his life - or pay the family his life savings.  Anyway you cut it, the Swiss farang is guilty as hell and the authorities will find something to pin on him in the name of "justice."
Does that sound about right?  Yeah? 
Why do I think he was the only victim?

just another day in paradise

3 hours ago, aussiebrian said:

Google  Toby Charnaud, his wife had a couple of bars in Hua Hin, she was shagging a local MIB. 

what's not reported which came out in court was that she apparently was making or had made arrangements for her son, who she thought was going to inherit everything to be killed.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Calling BS on this !!!! - lying family in attempt to try and get money.

That said, as many posters mentioned in the ‘original thread’ - it does seem that the Wife and diseased were having an affair - Did the Swiss man know ? (they often say the partner is the last to know). 

BUT... It has been admitted by the family that the deceased owned the gun - WHY did he take the gun to the Swiss mans house ????

IF they are admitting there was no reason (or attempt) to steal... What was the deceased doing at the house with a gun ?????

Was the deceased going to the house for a bit of ‘nookie’ after he received a phone call from the wife (as the family claimed) - Phone records will prove that - but why take a gun ????

Now that ownership of the Gun has been made - the self defence claim of the Swiss man seems more firm. 

She was drunk and asleep in bed ... how did the deceased expect to get her attention without waking up the husband?  Good luck R.T.P with this one. 

• Like 1

Sherlock here.

The Swiss guy looks as if there was not a decent ....in him,     Thai woman  decent bit of rump there,half the village probably made a visit in  time

Thai guy jumps over wall thinking hes having one in the house,might as well have the other too,ensuing struggle Swiss guy objects to elephants kwai being delivered awakens wife ,who instantly flies into jealousy rage and batters Thai guy with broom handle

No better explanation needed

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, She did phone him and tell him to come and visit 

That is what the Thai's relatives are saying. I guess they share information like that all the time; especially very late on a Saturday evening you let your relatives know you've been called over for a booty call.

I have to see the phone records before I believe them that a call was made.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bbko said:

Even if the Thai man was having an affair with the wife (which is sounding like a strong possibility now), he should not have jumped the wall, late at night, waiving a gun in the Swiss man's face saying "Money! Money!."

The wife has a lot of explaining to do to her husband, the police and the Thai man's family.  

Could it be that she was out drinking and with him at the time, maybe with others and then she left, he possibly stayed behind, possibly drunk, then thought, you know what, I'm going over to see her.

When drunk, one doesn't think rationally, and I have to ask, did these bright cops do a blood test to see if the deceased was intoxicated.

The other thing that gets me is that apparently the Swiss guy knew the man, having worked for the Swiss guy before, so wouldn't the Swiss guy be able to talk to him as opposed to take him on.

It all sounds suspect to me, maybe the Swiss guy knew his wife was having some on the side, but the guy coming to his house and jumping the wall, was probably a little too much ?

I got to be honest, if a guy allows his wife to be out drinking then he should know that the wife is getting something more on the side with her serving of drinks, otherwise he's an idiot if he doesn't. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I hope that the Swiss Embassy gets involved in this to make sure that the Swiss guy doesn't get railroaded for defending himself and his property because this sounds potentially unjust to me. Fair enough that they need to make sure this hasn't been a murder of passion over the wife's affair. I can see that this isn't a simple case of robber jumps the fence.

Assume innocent unless proven guilty would be appreciated by the Swiss guy I'm sure.

The Swiss embassy does not care about its citizens, it is just an embassy for business with the military in power.

• Like 1

Something kinky here too.

Thai wife likes it in a shed middle of rice field,now with pig/human s.hit fertilizing the said rice,the smell rancid at best,cometh the beast...the Thai woman for sure takes it up the jacksee too.

Now I too like the sound of this,already the farang/Thai manhood of Thailand makes its way to the house wanting its share of the pie too,..that is going to be one wealthy woman

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Swiss wife calls lover:

Hi darling, I have a plan, pop over tonight and bring a gun, knock-off the old man.
The investigation will go no-where, I'll inherit everything, you can move in at the weekend.

How does that sound?

What would the wife really inherit though? What would she and her lover materially gain from killing the Swiss? 

The house is either a rental or in her name. Either way, nothing to be gained here. 

She can just walk away and file for a divorce, no need to kill the Swiss to be free. 

The only thing is his pension. Would that really go to the wife under these circumstances though, with her and her lover surely to be prime suspects if they managed to kill the Swiss? 

It sounds more like the trigger was feelings and emotions. 

Edited by wadman

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The deceased guy had just received a 400 000 Baht cash from a land sale , maybe he carried the gun everywhere for protection just in case someone tried to steal his money 

yep all the thais i know walk around with 400 grand and a gun 

Edited by Harveyboy
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The deceased guy had just received a 400 000 Baht cash from a land sale , maybe he carried the gun everywhere for protection just in case someone tried to steal his money 

If it can be proved that the deceased guy had a loaded gun in his hand while on the Swiss guys property, then that's it, end of story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What if it turns out that the Swiss guy fired the gun ?

You mean the Thai guy may have been disarmed by the Swiss guy, did the gun not end up in a nearby pond?

To answer your question, then it turns into a new ball game.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If it can be proved that the deceased guy had a loaded gun in his hand while on the Swiss guys property, then that's it, end of story.

One possibility is that the Thai guy had 40 000 Baht cash on him which he was going to pay back to the Swiss guy or his Wife and he was carrying the gun for protection from robbers ?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

One possibility is that the Thai guy had 40 000 Baht cash on him which he was going to pay back to the Swiss guy or his Wife and he was carrying the gun for protection from robbers ?

Could be, but I'll stand by the Swiss guy disarming the Thai guy and throwing the gun in the pond, but I accept there may be other possibilities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Thai guy owned the Gun for a year....  

He didn’t buy the gun because he was suddenly carrying cash, or had recently sold land etc... he already owned the gun (his family admitted this already).

• Like 2

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

The Thai guy owned the Gun for a year....  

He didn’t buy the gun because he was suddenly carrying cash, or had recently sold land etc... he already owned the gun (his family admitted this already).

Why is that relevant ?

I was stating as to why he was carrying his gun,  rather than as to the reason why he owned it 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

The real issue is how the Thai guy died.  Did he die as an accidental result of the fight, as claimed by the Swiss?  Or did the Swiss kill him after he was unconscious/tied up?  In that case, it would be murder.

Whether the Swiss knew that the Thai guy was his wife's lover, whether the Thai guy had the gun pointed at the Swiss (or merely in his pocket), doesn't really matter.  Point is still, Thai guy went to the Swiss guy's house packing a gun and a fight broke out.  For the fight and the accidental death (if it was accidental) you cannot convict the Swiss.

Edited by wadman
  • Like 1