Vaccines not lockdowns helping to reduce COVID-19 cases in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

We may be safe from covid. But if we have other health problems, we will have to contend with the fact that in areas where vaccinations are low, hospitals are under great stress. In some states in the US, care is being rationed due to the unvaccinated. i.e. triage. What's so hard to understand about that?

I understand that the majority of hospitalised people are the vaccinated!!!????

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I hear some doctors saying these face masks are worsening the situation by lowering the oxygen levels in people and that exactly what this virus likes. People with low oxygen levels.

I also hear that ordinary cotton face masks do not protect the wearer, but if the wearer is (unknowingly) infected it lessens the possibility of them passing on the virus. What does seem nonsensical to me is making it mandatory for masks to be worn when riding a motor bike - or when driving your car!!!  

4 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Could it be that the unvaxxed are left out of hospital to die? Vaccine passports, certificates have created divided nations. IMHO that was always part of the plan. Jab or not, it's your choice. But covid passports/certification must not be anybodies choice. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Somebody actually talking sense at last and willing admire and emulate what other countries have done. 

Learning to live with this virus is the only way forward. In the long term, lockdowns just create more problems than they solve.

I agree with you entirely.

I would also like to add that the initial lockdowns were pre vaccine availability and saved a lot of lives. The speed of vaccine distribution could have been better but there is no doubt that the vaccine has overtaken lockdowns as the preferred Covid-19 severity reducer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Thailand is on track, but unless 90% of the elderly are fully vaccinated there will still be carnage, because once fully reopened the delta variant will spread like wildfire.

life in the boonies never changed, the rest of the country is open except for bars etc.

• Like 1

Clearly this statement is crafted to get everyone to vax up.

High Vax rates can be a strategy to boost confidence in "going back to normal"

A carrot they love to dangle. Two pricks and you can go back to normal.

Many welcome this trade.

But what is the reality when nearly everyone is vaxxed up fully?

Let us ask Singapore and Israel. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/08/world/asia/singapore-vaccine-covid.html

Edited by LetsGoBrandon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Fake! So untrue. Many publications contradict this nonsense of oxygen level that drop. I can even run with a ffp2 mask. No issues at all.

Please u can wear a double extra thick face mask on the beach since u believe its good and healthy !!!

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, dave moir said:

And when everyone is vaccinated, the vaccinated will be the only ones in hospital. This does not mean that the vaccines don't reduce hospitalizations and deaths. Simple matter of numbers, not vaccine efficacy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

What did they expect?  That it would go different in Thailand then in the rest of the world?  In my province in our country 86% is vaccinated and since 2 weeks infection numbers are rising again, and it is goung faster up by the day......  but almost no hospitilizations.    Sinovac and 4 weeks later AstraZeneca is not the right combination. Moreover the interval of 4 weeks is not enough!  Many scientific publications around the world have been published about this. Still Thailand keeps going their own way?  Why do you think these publications are published? Just for the rest of the world because in Thailand it does not apply?  Wake up !

May I remind you that the death toll from CoviD-19 in Thailand is still lower than in countries like the UK or the USA? 

• Like 2

Dear sir, if you are right about this, and I am pretty sure that you are, can you then answer me on those two questions.

1. If vaccination is the right answer, why then do you block ordinarie thai people to get vaccinated with vaccine that works instead of that Chines sh*t that the health ministry have admit is not good enough? And no, that you not have enough is not an acceptable answer because that situation came up because of the health ministry.

2. You say that 143. death a day is manageable. For who? It is the health ministry who by its inkompetens have build up this number.

Before Songkran this year Thailand was on place 147 in the list of the countries that had most covid-infected. Today Thailand is on place 26. All because of mistakes and inkompetens from the government and its ministries. So, yes I think that you are  right, but I demand that you take responsibility for your earlier mistakes.

OP -is basically true - but you need a high rate of vaccinations.

In UK with a population about the same as Thailand infections are running at over 30,0000 per day ... BUT hospitalisations and deaths are much , much lower than when the population was unvaccinated.

The same should apply to Thailand - so long as they have enough people vaccinated and the hospital spaces for the sick.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Somebody actually talking sense at last and willing admire and emulate what other countries have done. 

Learning to live with this virus is the only way forward. In the long term, lockdowns just create more problems than they solve.

In the short term I disagree totally .Lockdowns are needed until the majority of the population is vaccinated . And sinovac is helping that cause controry to many that right the vaccine off. Disappointed in the UK Government not recognizing the Chinese vaccines. Shallow thinking to say the least

• Like 2

The entire world has gone crazy. it’s so simple…

Get vaccines. Vaccinated everyone who wants it. 

You’re done. That it. Nothing else to do. Stop with all the other meetings and time wasting about lockdowns and who has to wear a mask and who can travel and just focus on that one thing. It could not be simpler. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James105 said:

Ok. So let's try it this way.   Does the vaccine protect you?

Yes - Then stop worrying about other people taking it. You and others that took it are safe.

No - Then stop forcing people to take something that you don't believe works.

No.. you just haven't had enough yet.  

It's more important you install your tracking for freedoms to get back to normal.

8 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

There is not ONE self-respecting doctor that says this. You probably caught this quackery on an anti-vaxxer blog.

I remember at the beginning of the mask wearing there where reports of children passing out whilst

exercising at school   and the "experts" then recommending that strenuous  exercise not be done whilst wearing a mask..also remember about the build up of bad bacteria on mask  when worn for extended time ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I hear some doctors saying these face masks are worsening the situation by lowering the oxygen levels in people and that exactly what this virus likes. People with low oxygen levels.

Those are the spin doctors, listen to the real and doctors. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1