Vaccines not lockdowns helping to reduce COVID-19 cases in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He described Thailand as being at a crossroads now with four main areas needed - the progress of the vaccine rollout, universal protection measures, testing and strict protocols in places like movie theaters and restaurants and other settings where many people would gather.

Don't think they'll ever achieve the testing bit, haven't really managed it over the past.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Thailand is on track, but unless 90% of the elderly are fully vaccinated there will still be carnage, because once fully reopened the delta variant will spread like wildfire.

Thailand is on track, yes a very winding track with unfinished bridges.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I spoke with my brother in the UK today.

85% are double vaxxed with vaccines that work.

Yes infection rates are at around 30,000 daily, but only 5% are ending up in hospital.

Vaccinations were always the only answer, but last year and early this year our illustrious leader had other ideas.

In the UK, the largest proportion becoming infected now are teenagers. Thanks to schools opening. Not sure on their vaccination rate. 

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Somebody actually talking sense at last and willing admire and emulate what other countries have done. 

Learning to live with this virus is the only way forward. In the long term, lockdowns just create more problems than they solve.

Yup! My friends in the UK tell me that things are almost back to the "old normal", the pubs are all open, football matches are almost sold out, and masks are not mandatory. (Although some people still wear them when shopping, for instance.) I think that the UK (Gov't and people) realise that Covid isn't going to go away, but if everybody is vaccinated, it can be treated almost like infuenza, which is also responsible for many deaths, but not treated with the same "paranoia". (Elderly and at risk people in the UK are given 'flu jabs now as a matter of course every year) 

Maybe the smug Minister(s?) who said (a couple of years ago) that "The hot weather and Songkran will blow it away, and anyway, our CHINESE friends will have a vaccine by then" and "dirty unwashed foreigners are to blame for the spread" will be making  public apologies for his/their comments?????

And if they really want to get the tourist trade back on track, they might think of allowing open air bars to sell alcohol?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1