Thai netizens fierily debate Pfizer vaccine for students as anti-vaxxers emerge

webfact

On 10/8/2021 at 5:28 AM, MrJ2U said:

Oh please!

This isn't new technology.

Get out from under that rock.

mRNA technology has been around since the 1960's.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

Around to some extent yes.  But large scale use, and then long term analysis of the results, say one or two or more years after application not done yet.

• Confused 1

On 10/9/2021 at 2:35 AM, cdemundo said:

Yes I can, you can search for the number of vaccines administered in the US.

Then you can search for the number of reports of adverse events reported to VAERS.

Then you can divide the number of adverse events by the number of vaccinations and get a number something like 1/10 of 1%.

But like all antivax [deleted] you are always asking smart-a$$ questions instead of actually looking for information.

AS usual the thing you are asking for has been discussed repeatedly on TVF. 

1/10  is not 1 %.  Do you mean 1/100

5 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

1/10  is not 1 %.  Do you mean 1/100

No I don't mean 1/100.

I wrote "1/10 of 1%", that is what I meant.

1% is 1/100, 1/10 of 1% is 1/1000. I used the percent figure because people like to quote risks in terms of per cent. Like "COVID has a 99% survival rate" which is often stated in TVF.

Earlier in the thread I did the exercise in detail of number of VAERS with respect to number of vaccinations administered. You can look at that if you don't understand what I am saying.

"1/10  is not 1 %.", just brilliant.

• Sad 1

Just now, cdemundo said:

No I don't mean 1/100.

1% is 1/100, 1/10 of 1% is 1/1000. I used the percent figure because people like to quote risks in terms of per cent. Like "COVID has a 99% survival rate" which is often stated in TVF.

Earlier in the thread I did the exercise in detail of number of VAERS with respect to number of vaccinations administered. You can look at that if you don't understand what I am saying.

Ya beat me to it. Fie on you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cdemundo said:

No I don't mean 1/100.

I ask a question and instead of a simple response you feel the need to be sarcastic and back handed.

2 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

I ask a question and instead of a simple response you feel the need to be sarcastic and back handed.

Sorry, I really am sorry.

I thought your original questions was sarcastic.

My mistake to respond like that, but I thought you were going after me with sarcasm.

It happens around here you know.

Again, my mistake and I apologize.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, uli65 said:

it is far less than 1 %, there is no single reason to run after this experimental vaxx like yaba junkies for their junk

Check your "facts" before you post.

According the U.S. Center for Disease Control, as of May 29 this year an estimated 120.2 million people had been infected in the U.S., with 6.2 million estimated hospitalizations and 767,000 deaths.   That equates to a hospitalization rate of 5.16% and a death rate of 0.64%. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/burden.html

Many of those who are not hospitalized still get extremely sick, with an unknown percentage suffering from long Covid and others taking months to regain their sense of taste and smell.

Serious side effects from Covid vaccinations vary by vaccine, but fall in the 0.001% range or lower.  Deaths attributed to the vaccines are extremely rare.  https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-vaccine-side-effects-coronavirus-myocarditis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Around to some extent yes.  But large scale use, and then long term analysis of the results, say one or two or more years after application not done yet.

Tested and used thoroughly.

It's a pandemic.

Are you suggesting we wait for what?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Vaccines like AZ are viral vector vaccines, which is the traditional/conventional style, like many you would have taken when younger.

I've seen quite a few people (both here and other online discussions) saying this. However it's just not true. Viral vector vaccine technology is relatively new (little more than a decade really) and the only viral vector vaccines that had been used before the current ones for CoVid-19, were two Ebola vaccines which only received full authorisation in 2019 (though they had EUA's before that).

The childhood vaccines, such as those that we all received when we were younger, like measles or chickenpox (or the more recent MMR vaccine) are attenuated or inactivated virus vaccines.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:51 PM, timendres said:

People who are a bit dubious of a vaccine technology that failed to garner FDA approval for 15 years, but it suddenly "safe", are simply being prudent.

Which vaccine technology "failed to garner FDA approval for 15 years"?

Because it certainly wasn't mRNA vaccine technology. Although a few companies had conducted clinical trials of mRNA vaccines, none of them had been submitted to the FDA for approval before Pfizer and Moderna came up with their CoVid vaccines.

• Like 2

If we are talking about Vaccines, drugs, and medications lets look at LSD.  LSD stays in the fat cells for years as well, yet people still use LSD and then years later have that Flash back attack.....hmmm. 

Everything we put in our body has some inherent risk, but most of us have no issues and take what the doctor prescribed or we don't.  If you get seriously ill and die it is what it is and Darwin has removed another member of society who was just to foolish to understand the potential life saving possibilities instead and chose to take the risk that led to death.

Vaccinations have a minimal risk.  Time for folks to just move on or give up.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 10:54 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Which vaccine technology "failed to garner FDA approval for 15 years"?

Because it certainly wasn't mRNA vaccine technology. Although a few companies had conducted clinical trials of mRNA vaccines, none of them had been submitted to the FDA for approval before Pfizer and Moderna came up with their CoVid vaccines.

To the original post. I do not think it failed FDA approval as it never even got to that stage. Everyone pulled funding because it was a bit of a science fiction. If you can't get your head around the science, think of it like this. We have been using the same vaccine technology since around the 30's, IVV or Inactivated viral vaccines . In almost every other field of industry or whatever you want to compare this to, the technique has moved forward. It is just what we do as a species, we get better, we innovate; there is nothing to be suspicious about it. Props to jets, coal to nuclear, cord telephones to mobiles, gas cars to electric cars, inactivated viral vaccines to mRNA.