Udon Thani police searches home of Swiss national who killed armed intruder at his house after mother of slain man claims almost 300,000 baht was missing

webfact

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Why all this confusion ?

The family of the deceased wants to make some profit out of that situation .

They think thai style that the ' farang ' is rich anyway , that he killed that guy who possibly committed adultery , and climbed over his wall at night , armed with a gun , and now he needs to pay for this .

No matter if it was his fault , or he was the one that was attacked first ... he is the one with the money , so he needs to pay .

Because all they want is his money . Nothing else ...

Btw , if they had one ( or more ) guardian dogs , nothing like this would have happened ...

I have many doubts that he is a rich Swiss given the house where he lives, many Swiss who live in Thailand are here because they have a small pension that never increases with inflation.

1 hour ago, KamnanT said:

My (albeit brief) experience with Thai police investigation scenes is that if something goes missing, it was most likely the Plod that nicked it.  In August, an unfortunate resident of my condo building passed in his sleep. When he was discovered four days later, the BiB were called and insisted that the building management stay outside while they "searched" his room. Family later reported cash and Rolex watches missing. When the rescue foundation arrived to remove his mortal remains, they nicked all the grog.

Are you just watching Breaking Bangkok and repeating the storyline? 555

if not, go watch it ????

1 hour ago, LarrySR said:

The Swiss guy need a farang attorney. Pronto. 

Maybe Mr. Benjamin Hart from INTEGRITY LEGAL THAILAND in BKK  !!

expensive but worth every SATANG .... in this case ......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

lets say the police search the property and find 500kbaht in the mans safe 

this story gets more bizzar by the day and the cops should be ashamed of themselves 

How can it be legal to raid someones House when they are not at home. 

• Confused 1

Well I hope the Swiss guy has a good legal team as he will need it. It seems like there maybe was some connection between the wife and the deceased as we are hearing conflicting stories. But we need to remember we are in the LOS.   Amazing that the Police are charging the deceased, how can they as he is DEAD or have they overlooked this factor!

Like some other comments, I feel maybe the plan back fired and the wrong person ended up dead but we probably will never know! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LarrySR said:

The Swiss guy need a farang attorney. Pronto. 

I don't understand the guy. From the time the clowns in brown turned up, followed by the media circus trampling on his property, why wouldn't you call a lawyer? Why was he speaking to the police in front of the cameras on his back porch, without a lawyer and more importantly a translator present. Why wasn't this happening in a police station? I would like to think he would have an attorney by now, but the whole thing doesn't seem to have been handled well by the Swiss guy from the start.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

and claimed that almost 300,000 baht her son had on him from a recent land sale had gone missing following the incident.

I think Mummy had the wool pulled over her eyes buy her son, did he get paid in cash for the land ? (Land office should know this). Who goes out drinking with so much cash and then goes seeking more at gun point, unless you owe money to a loan shark through gambling, (why did he need to sell the land) ???????????????

5 hours ago, meechai said:

Man with a gun entered another mans house

Owner beats him to death...where is the problem?

Who cares what dead man's mother claims he may or may not have had cash wise? That he previously "had" 300k baht does not mean  a thing in this story. This story is centered around an armed intrusion into another mans home period.

Bottom line any intruder found with a gun in my house at night will be found there in the morning (albeit motionless)

Side Show: This Thai man was supposedly having an affair with the Swiss mans wife....Now he shows up after midnight with a gun in the Swiss mans house? Guess what the plan actually was at that point?

Now dead Thai man's mother makes a claim the dead man had 300k baht & what?? Udon Police visit Swiss man why? They think maybe he set it all up? Had Thai man appear at his home with gun & 300k so Swiss could rob him? Amazing Thailand

If we are going to speculate on what happened, then another theory could be that the armed intruder believed the girlfriend (accused person's wife) had stolen the money and he believed it was in the house.  That would go towards a possible motive for the robbery. 

15 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So the way I see it is that the deceased Thai guy was in love with the Swiss guy's wife, and she managed to convince him to sell the land so that she could move away from the husband with this guy. 

The land sale shouldn't be too hard to confirm, e.g. when it was sold, the amount paid for and who he sold it to, i.e. if there was an actual sale of land.

Once the above can be established, then they can look at any deposits/withdrawals that put in/taken out of his bank account, as well as any transfer/s that he might have made to the Swiss guy's wife.

She dumps the deceased guy after cleaning him up of his money, then makes up many excuses, e.g. my husband will kill me, I changed my mind, etc, etc. The deceased gets both pi$$ed and pi$$ed off and comes up with of a brain storm idea amongst his moment of rage and then decides to go around with his gun demanding his money back, he doesn't care if he spills the beans to the farang but the only English he knows is "Money Money" and the Swiss guy thinks he is trying to robe him.

At the end the farang will have to end up paying compensation to the deceased's family and then let go. The wife will be charged with nothing and of course another deceased adds to the list of deceased over the feeling of love.

Lesson to be learned here for all you farangs who allow your wives out drinking with "friends", expect more than just drinks with them, I think it's called friends with benefits and I have seen it on a few occasions, and no, I won't tell the guys, because it ain't my business and I know exactly what these clowns will say in defence of their pretties, so it ain't worth it.

I think if the cops do their job properly, they will end up seeing the wife has most of the 300k baht, the Swiss guy is innocent of murder or manslaughter and they can't touch the wife, because as far as anyone is concerned the deceased gifted it to her, case closed. 

It would have to be a very, very small piece of land if he only got 300,000 baht for it.....oh wait, I forgot about the new Harley that has gone missing as well.

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

i think the gunman was there for one reason, and one reason only, the wrong man ended up dead, wife was asleep throughout the wrong death!

Yes I agree with your thinking, and now their still trying to scam for more money another way