Udon Thani police searches home of Swiss national who killed armed intruder at his house after mother of slain man claims almost 300,000 baht was missing

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

that her son had nearly 300,000 baht from a recent land sale go missing during the confrontation with Rudolf

"during the confrontation" - that's another first: an intruder/robber who brings money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AsiaCheese said:

Not allowed here. Only Thai lawyers get a license.

Not sure if that's true. 45 years ago when I was considering divorcing my Thai wife I contacted a firm of farang lawyers (they had Thai lawyer partners, too) named Tilleke and Gibbons. I think they were Australian, but might have been British. It may have been that only their Thai partners could actually plead the case in court, but they certainly offered legal services.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

So the way I see it is that the deceased Thai guy was in love with the Swiss guy's wife, and she managed to convince him to sell the land so that she could move away from the husband with this guy. 

The land sale shouldn't be too hard to confirm, e.g. when it was sold, the amount paid for and who he sold it to, i.e. if there was an actual sale of land.

Once the above can be established, then they can look at any deposits/withdrawals that put in/taken out of his bank account, as well as any transfer/s that he might have made to the Swiss guy's wife.

She dumps the deceased guy after cleaning him up of his money, then makes up many excuses, e.g. my husband will kill me, I changed my mind, etc, etc. The deceased gets both pi$$ed and pi$$ed off and comes up with of a brain storm idea amongst his moment of rage and then decides to go around with his gun demanding his money back, he doesn't care if he spills the beans to the farang but the only English he knows is "Money Money" and the Swiss guy thinks he is trying to robe him.

At the end the farang will have to end up paying compensation to the deceased's family and then let go. The wife will be charged with nothing and of course another deceased adds to the list of deceased over the feeling of love.

Lesson to be learned here for all you farangs who allow your wives out drinking with "friends", expect more than just drinks with them, I think it's called friends with benefits and I have seen it on a few occasions, and no, I won't tell the guys, because it ain't my business and I know exactly what these clowns will say in defence of their pretties, so it ain't worth it.

I think if the cops do their job properly, they will end up seeing the wife has most of the 300k baht, the Swiss guy is innocent of murder or manslaughter and they can't touch the wife, because as far as anyone is concerned the deceased gifted it to her, case closed. 

If you say so my experience is completely different. Not 100% but that was because of the kind of woman that first one was. If you can't trust your wife / gf to go out alone with friends then there is something seriously wrong in your relationship.

What is next make her wear a burka and stay home ?

So yea there was something wrong in my first relationship, she loved money not me. Its that simple if your wife / gf cheats then she has no interest in you. So if you worry about that then its like admitting that your wife has no interest in you. Just takes a bit more time to find good ones. But yea if a relationship is based on money then yea i would worry about letting her go out too. I mean then there is no attraction towards you just to your money so no reason not cheat. 

4 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

So he was carrying 300K? How was he carrying it paperbag or in his pocket? Why would he be taking it to his lovers house? Their are so many holes in this story from both sides.

I withdrew 300k one time to pay an annual company rent.

It's a big bunch of bundles of notes that I needed to put in my backpack. 

No way you could just be "carrying this.on your person".

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Good point.

The money goes missing and that's why he goes to the falang's home (as he assumed he stole it).

Wouldn't surprise me if his own family stole it to pay off loan shark gambling debt or something. These Isaan villages are rife with this problem. Desperate times.

Or maybe she is just trying to muddy the waters.

How would the falang know where to find the money anyway?

Or perhaps the guy himself lost the money gambling and claimed it was stolen. Then, went over there with a gun to save face or something.

You never know. Wouldn't surprise me if the farang's wife is in the thick of it or the Thai guy's mother.

In any case, the farang was acting in self defense with reasonable force against attempted murder by a gunman in his own home.

What's there to investigate?

With all the lies his wife has told, she is likely to be the cause of this tragedy. Probably what the police want to verify is that the farang is innocent in legitimate defense and that it was used by his wife, at least we hope that it will end like this for Swiss man.

two things i don't understand.  first, Thai man got 40k as a down payment, in Sept, then the remaining 250k Oct 1st. mother says he had 290-300k on him. so that means he didn't spend any of the 40k down payment in the month he had it?.                                                                                                                          second thing in the video the gun looked like a 357. or maybe a 44. magnum. either of these guns makes a lot of noise when fired. i find it hard to believe the wife didn't hear the gun shot. unless she had so much to drink she passed out, or is a very deep sleeper. these two thing don't pass the "smell test" imho

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, harry cox said:

in the video the gun looked like a 357. or maybe a 44. magnum. either of these guns makes a lot of noise when fired. i find it hard to believe the wife didn't hear the gun shot. unless she had so much to drink she passed out, or is a very deep sleeper. these two thing don't pass the "smell test" imho

.357?  .44 magnum? I'm not a gun guy but I know the gun shown looks nothing like those guns.

27 minutes ago, Artben said:

I tend to agree with the opinion of the majority but in this case the Thai Police SEEM to be following up on a complaint and if the search does not produce the missing funds it only helps the accused.

If the police cannot find the money they will drop this case like a hot potato, no incentive to continue.

He killed himself and died of a broken heart in the act of a burglary. Case closed,.......... Next!

1 minute ago, robblok said:

If you say so my experience is completely different. Not 100% but that was because of the kind of woman that first one was. If you can't trust your wife / gf to go out alone with friends then there is something seriously wrong in your relationship.

What is next make her wear a burka and stay home ?

So yea there was something wrong in my first relationship, she loved money not me. Its that simple if your wife / gf cheats then she has no interest in you. So if you worry about that then its like admitting that your wife has no interest in you. Just takes a bit more time to find good ones. But yea if a relationship is based on money then yea i would worry about letting her go out too. I mean then there is no attraction towards you just to your money so no reason not cheat. 

Nothing to do with trust, just a matter of what one prefers in a relationship, and for the record, no insecurities here, no money issues for her as well.

I have always preferred a wife to not go out drinking unless she is with me, not that I have ever stopped her in the past, in fact she prefers to stay at home as I do, i.e. we enjoy each others company as a couple, you could say our drinking days are over, now that could also have to do with raising kids ?

If you like your partner to go out drinking with her friends then that is your prerogative. 

No burka required here, she is as free as a bird if she so ever chooses to be, some birds prefer the cage door open if you like, some take the occasional flight to spread their wings as I do, but my wife prefers to be in the cage with the door open, maybe she just enjoys the company of the bird in the cage as opposed to having take a flight to be with friends drinking ?

For a married woman to be out drinking every night, that to me means she isn't happy in her marriage and is looking for something extra, seen it time and time again, and not my business to tell Mr Farang because I would more than likely come off worse.

Each to their own.

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nothing to do with trust, just a matter of what one prefers in a relationship, and for the record, no insecurities here, no money issues for her as well.

I have always preferred a wife to not go out drinking unless she is with me, not that I have ever stopped her in the past, in fact she prefers to stay at home as I do, i.e. we enjoy each others company as a couple, you could say our drinking days are over, now that could also have to do with raising kids ?

If you like your partner to go out drinking with her friends then that is your prerogative. 

No burka required here, she is as free as a bird if she so ever chooses to be, some birds prefer the cage door open if you like, some take the occasional flight to spread their wings as I do, but my wife prefers to be in the cage with the door open, maybe she just enjoys the company of the bird in the cage as opposed to having take a flight to be with friends drinking ?

For a married woman to be out drinking every night, that to me means she isn't happy in her marriage and is looking for something extra, seen it time and time again, and not my business to tell Mr Farang because I would more than likely come off worse.

Each to their own.

Actually you do know how to spin a story because this is a different narrative from when your wife is out drinking with friends she is not really drinking but screwing others (just summizing your post before this one).

That was what I was commenting on and thoughts like that only happen out of insecurity and hanging around the wrong kinds of woman. 

You seem a bit strange first you say woman who go out drinking with friends are cheating and now you say your wife can go out drinking. So your saying you will alwow her to cheat on you ? or are you saying that if your wife would go out drinking she would not cheat. If so why did you assume other woman would do that. So witch of the two options is it ?

I do agree if a wife or a husband goes out drinking every day there is something wrong. I don't see there is anything wrong for a wife to have a social life without her husband and vice versa. I don't want to go to all her friends meetings been there done that like my home more. Besides unless you live 24/7 with your wife she can always cheat. 

My GF has a job and a driver.. i mean bet some guys would think the driver is her BF.. I mean if you start suspecting every woman who goes out to cheat then who knows what kind of mindset you have. So then should you allow your wife to work, because maybe she is not working. Maybe you get what I am getting at, without trust you will only go crazy.

Just select the right kind of woman and you don't have to worry that much. 

• Like 1

Well, I have to admit I can't make heads or tails of this and can't even guess what might have happened. However, I think the police investigation will be able to sort it out.

I hope we hear the full story in due course. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

claimed that almost 300,000 baht her son had on him from a recent land sale had gone missing following the incident.

Yea Right, that's what she says But can she prove that he had the Money /or that he had made the sale and indeed had received the money.

2 hours ago, Acharn said:

A gun was found in the pond? Yeah. Where did it come from?

The gun belonged to the Thai intruder, and that has already been established and attested to by relatives and friends, so that's where it came from.

2 hours ago, Acharn said:

I infer you think Thais are stupid, especially Thai police, but I disagree.

As for the first part of your sentence, living here for many years, I don't think anything about Thais, I know because I've seen it first hand many times.

The BIB are not the sharpest knives in the drawer and are the most corrupt" division" in Thailand, and that was stated by the Thai ombudsman (or similar) a few years back, and printed in the newspapers.

Could be....

Suggestion wife was having affair with the dead man. She promises him 300,000 naht of he kills him.

Man tells mother he sold some land to cover sudden cash windful....

Swiss man manages to kill the assassin. Police raid house to see if wife has 300k baht ready as payment.

Just maybe....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Actually you do know how to spin a story because this is a different narrative from when your wife is out drinking with friends she is not really drinking but screwing others (just summizing your post before this one).

That was what I was commenting on and thoughts like that only happen out of insecurity and hanging around the wrong kinds of woman. 

You seem a bit strange first you say woman who go out drinking with friends are cheating and now you say your wife can go out drinking. So your saying you will alwow her to cheat on you ? or are you saying that if your wife would go out drinking she would not cheat. If so why did you assume other woman would do that. So witch of the two options is it ?

I do agree if a wife or a husband goes out drinking every day there is something wrong. I don't see there is anything wrong for a wife to have a social life without her husband and vice versa. I don't want to go to all her friends meetings been there done that like my home more. Besides unless you live 24/7 with your wife she can always cheat. 

My GF has a job and a driver.. i mean bet some guys would think the driver is her BF.. I mean if you start suspecting every woman who goes out to cheat then who knows what kind of mindset you have. So then should you allow your wife to work, because maybe she is not working. Maybe you get what I am getting at, without trust you will only go crazy.

Just select the right kind of woman and you don't have to worry that much. 

I think you got my point, but exaggerated it a little, if you didn't, can't help you there, so we can agree to disagree.

Something is strange with this situation.  The deceased apparently was involved with the Swiss man's wife.  However if he showed up at the home to be with the woman, why would he bring a gun?   The woman reportedly told police she only said hi to the man when she was in the village.   If the two of them were having a relationship would anyone be so foolish as to think that the police would not discover it.  Finally, despite a struggle that included the discharge of one shot from the gun, the woman reportedly said she was intoxicated and asleep during the altercation. 

Perhaps the Thai guy actually wasted the 300K and his family was asking for it, so he figured to rob a likely rich Swiss man.

But as said before in the comments, so if the Swiss actually has 400K cash in a safe, they then conclude it's from that guy? Like a robber coming to your house with 300K lol, to then lose while being armed and die.

2 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

I wonder what they can find in order to disparage the guy in order to set the Thai court of public opinion against him?

They could tell him they found some drugs and that he now needs to pay X amount to walk away from it. But doubt they are that bad in Udon.

• Like 1

Let see what is more plausible in this Lakhon Soap Opera that we call Thailand.

Thai guy with loaded gun brandishes weapon at the farang husband of the woman he's been bonking for years and yells - "Money Money"  (A guy who is, by the way, sitting on a 400K real estate sale)  ????

or
Thai guy with loaded gun brandishes weapon at the farang husband of the woman he's been bonking for years and yells, "Maa nee Maa nee" or "Come here, Come here!!!" so he  can be led out to the forest and summarily executed and then disappeared?  ????

Inquiring minds would like to know.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Nemo. said:

Could be....

Suggestion wife was having affair with the dead man. She promises him 300,000 naht of he kills him.

Man tells mother he sold some land to cover sudden cash windful....

Swiss man manages to kill the assassin. Police raid house to see if wife has 300k baht ready as payment.

Just maybe....

That doesn't make any sense since the wife said she had been living on the pension of the Swiss guy for years. Why would she gave money to have him killed ? She would end up losing so much in the end.

My guess, if money was involved is that the Thai guy had 300k from selling a house (actually police should check that claim and ask the mom which house he sold and who is the new owner), maybe he used this money for gambling, lost it all, got drunk, got mad and remember there was a farang in the neighborhood that might have some cash with him.

Therefore, he would come back home to his mother and not lose face for losing all his money on gambling. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

They could tell him they found some drugs and that he now needs to pay X amount to walk away from it. But doubt they are that bad in Udon.

But the RTP promised "justice" immediately after the killing.
In this xenophobic, highly nationalistic country, "justice" in a farang-thai self-defense killing has a different meaning then we'd expect in a thai-farang self-defense killing.