Latest on Thailand's Entry Regulation (For Alternative Quarantine Travellers)

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Singapore is pretty much open.

Asia's first reaction will always be authorization. What mainly holds them back is poor planning. Screwed up getting population vaxed.

Singapore is still restricted.   I've been waiting for a year to go and take care of a few errands and check regularly.   It's still just open to Singaporeans and those with residency, in addition to those travelling under their vaccinated travel lane concept: for now just Germany and Brunei, hardly 'pretty much open.'   

3 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Conservative lol. That means prudent, cautious. The country has been anything but. It lurches from one alarming policy to the next day in day out. Nevertheless, it's been able to squeeze in a 500 baht tax on arrival with no justification whatsoever.

Illeducated people well over their heads.

What everyone is whining about are the conservative rules in place when they could easily just open the flood gates at any time throwing caution to the wind.  

3 hours ago, ed strong said:

India is not even in the top 50 of deaths per capita, US is not in the top 20 either.

If applied to Thailand, India's death rate would be comparable per capita, the US's would push Thailand to the 170-180k range.   Not politically palatable.   Definitely not palatable if it's someone you know as well.  

38 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

The rules are pretty pointless when for every PCR-tested, doubled jabbed international air arrival, there are 100s of illegal, untested, un-vaccinated border crossers coming in from Malaysia, Myanmar, China, Laos and Cambodia. Those flood gates have been open throughout ...

True, but having multiple water leaks isn't a reason to just turn on the rest of the faucets though. 

4 hours ago, bamboozled said:

I think you mean "ends" Nov. 1st. I do believe it will be lifted for people that are double vaxxed. The pressure to open up is building and building not just here but around the world. So that would be/will be a big one checked off the list. All these other hoops though....I've got to do some more research. So no one has gotten this $100k insurance?

https://www.tuneprotect.co.th/en/product/coronavirus-covid-19-insurance/ONCOVIDL

This worked for me and was about the cheapest I could find.

• Like 1

They should factor in double vaccination status to their covid insurance plans cost. Of course they won't unless they had the social media vent set on them...even then...- nice little earner.

2 shots, high zinc + D3 + buffered vitamin C is a pretty good anti-covid combo.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Haha 1

Will wait for more clarification and details before I book after November 1.  Fully vaccinated

1: Still need COE?

2:  Still need to pre pay in advance 7 day hotel, let's say in Pattaya. SHA hotel?  Not quarantined in hotel but have to sleep there at night  (bed checks!).  Can one have a guest stay in the hotel?  Does Hotel check guests for COVID? 

3:  Still need negative PCR tests to get on air plane or get through Bangkok airport even if vaccinated?

4:  Still need PCR tests in hotel?  The Thai COE site says cost up to 100 $ USD each!

5:  Still need more international flights available.  Taiwan is not allowing transfer or connecting flights through Taiwan until January.  I bunch all my flight miles on EVA from LAX.  Not a deal breaker as there are flights connecting from LAX through Japan (ANA for example premium economy will likely be my choice)

6:  Will mandatory COVID insurance cover costs of getting dragged off to a hospital 14 day miserable quarantine if you test positive?  I read that it does not cover those costs since you are in general not being treated, you are not sick, you are just being quarantined. 

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

Welcome to Thailand .....  

please enjoy your holiday,  however you must have the following before we'll let you in ....

image.png.9d15823258ef9dd7fcaf30673c6ea87c.png

image.png.a1bdb35e60846af8e978ad32ae5c3689.png

image.png.8a797539c368787d14597f235d1d9066.png

image.png.fa9d640ccdddb06d6af728162dc66062.png

So then jump in the mini van and off to the Siam Mandarin or similar for 7 Days in your room ....

then after 7 days of Ezygo 7-11 food and you smell like a dead fish swimming in mould ....  

get a rip off taxi to Pattaya ...  and because your foreigner, he will charge you what he likes....

then in Pattaya, don't forget to buy your beer at the 7-11 because bars and restaurants either aren't open or can't sell.

Then spend your remaining 6 days walking around a dirty deserted soi, could get bitten by a soi dog, but take a photo of the beach although it may be closed due to covid restrictions. 

Then on day 14 of your holiday, get the rip off taxi back to Swampy and get on your flight back to your home country.

What a great holiday   !!!     

You were in a warm climate????

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

Welcome to Thailand .....  

please enjoy your holiday,  however you must have the following before we'll let you in ....

image.png.9d15823258ef9dd7fcaf30673c6ea87c.png

image.png.a1bdb35e60846af8e978ad32ae5c3689.png

image.png.8a797539c368787d14597f235d1d9066.png

image.png.fa9d640ccdddb06d6af728162dc66062.png

So then jump in the mini van and off to the Siam Mandarin or similar for 7 Days in your room ....

then after 7 days of Ezygo 7-11 food and you smell like a dead fish swimming in mould ....  

get a rip off taxi to Pattaya ...  and because your foreigner, he will charge you what he likes....

then in Pattaya, don't forget to buy your beer at the 7-11 because bars and restaurants either aren't open or can't sell.

Then spend your remaining 6 days walking around a dirty deserted soi, could get bitten by a soi dog, but take a photo of the beach although it may be closed due to covid restrictions. 

Then on day 14 of your holiday, get the rip off taxi back to Swampy and get on your flight back to your home country.

What a great holiday   !!!     

throw in a mama cup and I'll do it!..

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Will wait for more clarification and details before I book after November 1.  Fully vaccinated

1: Still need COE?

2:  Still need to pre pay in advance 7 day hotel, let's say in Pattaya. SHA hotel?  Not quarantined in hotel but have to sleep there at night  (bed checks!).  Can one have a guest stay in the hotel?  Does Hotel check guests for COVID? 

3:  Still need negative PCR tests to get on air plane or get through Bangkok airport even if vaccinated?

4:  Still need PCR tests in hotel?  The Thai COE site says cost up to 100 $ USD each!

5:  Still need more international flights available.  Taiwan is not allowing transfer or connecting flights through Taiwan until January.  I bunch all my flight miles on EVA from LAX.  Not a deal breaker as there are flights connecting from LAX through Japan (ANA for example premium economy will likely be my choice)

6:  Will mandatory COVID insurance cover costs of getting dragged off to a hospital 14 day miserable quarantine if you test positive?  I read that it does not cover those costs since you are in general not being treated, you are not sick, you are just being quarantined. 

Response from TAT.."You Tink too Mutt!...mai pen rai!. Why so serious!.you pay now.... ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Response from TAT.."You Tink too Mutt!...mai pen rai!. Why so serious!.you pay now.... ????

You got that right.  TAT and most of the other Thai agencies don't seem to have a consistent story on what tourism is or should be, or how much they want or need it or tourists. So glad I did 15 trips when things were easier.  Waiting to see what happens next as I retire and how much time or money or effort I will put into Thailand

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heng said:

True, but having multiple water leaks isn't a reason to just turn on the rest of the faucets though. 

Also don't forget the double standard of not requiring Thai nationals to take a PCR test before flight back to Thailand. 

As reported today in the newspaper that shall not be named:

"The country logged one of the highest numbers of imported cases from one country in recent weeks -- 54 Thai workers returning from Sweden. They arrived in Thailand on Wednesday and their tests on the same day were positive although all the workers were asymptomatic."

Bad luck for any non-Thai passenger sandwiched between all those dudes on a 12-hour flight.

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Also don't forget the double standard of not requiring Thai nationals to take a PCR test before flight back to Thailand. 

As reported today in the newspaper that shall not be named:

"The country logged one of the highest numbers of imported cases from one country in recent weeks -- 54 Thai workers returning from Sweden. They arrived in Thailand on Wednesday and their tests on the same day were positive although all the workers were asymptomatic."

Bad luck for any non-Thai passenger sandwiched between all those dudes on a 12-hour flight.

Yeah, I don't think double standards are inherently bad or even unnatural. 

11 hours ago, james2m said:

https://www.tuneprotect.co.th/en/product/coronavirus-covid-19-insurance/ONCOVIDL

This worked for me and was about the cheapest I could find.

That policy is roughly four to five times the cost of a normal travel insurance policy. By comparison it offers very little coverage.

Was it really the cheapest as I have read on other forums that normal policies while not covering covid delays etc are now covering medical expenses incurred due to covid

• Like 1

Does anyone know how many COVID tests (after arrival) are now required for:

7 quarantine of fully vaccinate people

7 day Sandbox

? I have not seen it mentionaed anywhere

Under  old 14-15 day quarantine there was 1 test aorun dday 5-6 and another on day 12. So logivally one would think just 1 test in a 7 day quarantiobne/Sandbox. But I see that  they says "prepaid COVID tests" plural.

?

Sri Lanka are making it easier for travellers/tourists.

- No silly COE required, just a visa.

- Any vaccine type accepted by the country of origin will be accepted

- Fully vaccinated are exempt from obtaining the mandatory COVID local insurance (which only costs USD12 valid for a month)

- No on-arrival PCR test for fully vaccinated

- Fully vaccinated travellers can arrange their own accommodation, transfers and transport. No special expensive hotels required.

image.png.124a08d5d1b17ab243aaee0145c5af5c.png

• Like 1

I'm still trying to understand COVID Insurance requirement..

1. I have current O retirement visa and re-entry permit.

2. I am 75 

3. I am double Pfizer jabbed.

4. I want to return to Aus for a short holiday and to catch up with family for about 3 weeks, then come back to my condo in Thailand, where I live..

MY QUESTION..

Do I need the COVID insurance to renter?

If so, what duration do I need?

AND, can I get it being 75?

Very grateful for any CORRECT advice..????????????????

3 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

What flights have you been on?

I have just been to the UK and back and on all 4 legs more empty seats than occupied.

The last leg back into BKK only about 50 on a 777.

With hardly any masks being worn and lack of social distancing in the UK the PCR test is nothing more than a paperwork exercise, there was more chance of getting infected on the way to the airport than from any untested Thai passenger.

7 hours ago, JomtienRay said:

2. I am 75 

4. I want to return to Aus for a short holiday and to catch up with family for about 3 weeks, then come back to my condo in Thailand, where I live..

MY QUESTION..

Yes.  All foreigners are required to have COVID insurance regardless of visa type or vaccination status.

Duration = until your current permission to stay expires (same as date of exp on the re-entry permit -- this is how long you will be stamped in for.

Yes.  Available up to age 99.  https://covid19.tgia.org/

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

You got that right.  TAT and most of the other Thai agencies don't seem to have a consistent story on what tourism is or should be, or how much they want or need it or tourists. So glad I did 15 trips when things were easier.  Waiting to see what happens next as I retire and how much time or money or effort I will put into Thailand

Thailand-an enigma wrapped in a riddle-hidden in a cypher-------Thai response? You No Understand Thai People!....Ok explain it to me...mai dai--solly--cannot ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JomtienRay said:

2. I am 75 

MY QUESTION..

I spoke with an agent from AXA Sawasdee Thailand and was told I could just purchase one month of insurance for a cost of about 2700 baht. I am 53 on a non-O visa but I don't think that had anything to do with it. She did not ask the expiration of my visa.