Latest on Thailand's Entry Regulation (For Alternative Quarantine Travellers)

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Nothing has changed save for going from 14 to 10 days.

Not only do I not see this enticing travelers it is still so unappealing I will continue to wait to travel abroad from and return to Thailand.

The government keeps holding out bc vax rates still so low and virus is contagious regardless of vaccine.

Mark these words: PCR test at airport and minimum hotel stay of 3 days (at doubled rates so like 6 days) is here forever!!! COE and insurance is forever!! It's all about mafia and money.

Nov 1 lol

More like money number 1

10 days for Covid denialists and 7 days for the smart majority.   

bc vax rates? is that a Canadian vaccine?

42 minutes ago, Chivas said:

The biggest problem Thailand has is their overriding sense of their own importance

Until they actually grasp that they are just one of many countries that tourists flock to and act accordingly they are going to see very small inbound tourist numbers

A self of self importance is something you seem to know about

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

List of accredited vaccines approved by WHO or the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand (as of 1 September 2021)

1. CoronaVac (2 doses)

2. AstraZeneca or Covishield made from SII (2 doses)

3. Pfizer – BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Comirnaty (2 doses)

4. Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.S (1 dose)

5. Moderna (2 doses)

6. Sinopharm vaccine or COVILO (2 doses)

7. Sputnik V (2 doses)

So Coronavac plus Covishield (sinovac plus AZ), which they have been pumping into every ones arm with gay abandon is not accredited?????????????

Am I reading this correctly?

So when I return to Thailand my certificate is just a waste of paper........no one in the world accepts sinovac plus AZ!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Welcome to Thailand .....  

please enjoy your holiday,  however you must have the following before we'll let you in ....

image.png.9d15823258ef9dd7fcaf30673c6ea87c.png

image.png.a1bdb35e60846af8e978ad32ae5c3689.png

image.png.8a797539c368787d14597f235d1d9066.png

image.png.fa9d640ccdddb06d6af728162dc66062.png

So then jump in the mini van and off to the Siam Mandarin or similar for 7 Days in your room ....

then after 7 days of Ezygo 7-11 food and you smell like a dead fish swimming in mould ....  

get a rip off taxi to Pattaya ...  and because your foreigner, he will charge you what he likes....

then in Pattaya, don't forget to buy your beer at the 7-11 because bars and restaurants either aren't open or can't sell.

Then spend your remaining 6 days walking around a dirty deserted soi, could get bitten by a soi dog, but take a photo of the beach although it may be closed due to covid restrictions. 

Then on day 14 of your holiday, get the rip off taxi back to Swampy and get on your flight back to your home country.

What a great holiday   !!!     

Exaggerated, puerile, inaccurate hysterical nonsense. Your obsession with ripp offs indicates you are very unlucky or one of nature's victims. I won't say loser because that would be impolite. You need to save money to rent a taxi not get a mini bus ha ha ha..

• Confused 3

So Thailand doesn't accept its own mix and match vaccination regime? Funny that

List of accredited vaccines approved by WHO or the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand (as of 1 September 2021)

1. CoronaVac (2 doses)

2. AstraZeneca or Covishield made from SII (2 doses)

3. Pfizer – BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Comirnaty (2 doses)

4. Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.S (1 dose)

5. Moderna (2 doses)

6. Sinopharm vaccine or COVILO (2 doses)

7. Sputnik V (2 doses)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Heng said:

Most of Asia is still closed/restricted despite the amount of dramatic whining each time the TH gov't announces anything.   The Maldives are open but I don't think those freaking out about the proposed 500 Baht inbound tourist fee are flocking there.  ????

Singapore is pretty much open.

Asia's first reaction will always be authorization. What mainly holds them back is poor planning. Screwed up getting population vaxed.

• Like 2

Time to decide: if vaccination is the key, then Phuket could be opened fully as "sandbox" with any and all quarantine scraped for vaccinated foreigners.

There the majority of locals vaccinated.

If vaccination isn't the answer, the time to drop the pretense that the situation is likely to change from 1st Nov, or any time soon regarding travel and tourism.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chivas said:

Yep they simply do not grasp that until you can turn up at Suvarnabhumbi with a just a vaccination certificate, passport and a smile than 99% are not coming

that's never going to happen, looks like the whole world especially the 3rd world countries are being reset or something like that

Get ready for even more inequality around the world, its coming. The elites already travel without any  issues. They put the masks on for the photos only.

4 hours ago, Heng said:

That's one take on it.  One can also say they are being conservative because it has been seen what the pandemic can do (India, US, Brazil...) when one let's their guard down.  

India is not even in the top 50 of deaths per capita, US is not in the top 20 either.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Heng said:

That's one take on it.  One can also say they are being conservative because it has been seen what the pandemic can do (India, US, Brazil...) when one let's their guard down.  

Conservative lol. That means prudent, cautious. The country has been anything but. It lurches from one alarming policy to the next day in day out. Nevertheless, it's been able to squeeze in a 500 baht tax on arrival with no justification whatsoever.

Illeducated people well over their heads.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scott Savage said:

Until they drop the mandatory Quarantine no tourists will come to Thailand in big numbers. No one is going to lose 7 days and pay £2000 when rest of world is open and more welcoming 

Mandatory quarantine for the fully vaccinated starts Nov 1 at least, but who wants to come to a "dry" country?

41 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Mandatory quarantine for the fully vaccinated starts Nov 1 at least, but who wants to come to a "dry" country?

I think you mean "ends" Nov. 1st. I do believe it will be lifted for people that are double vaxxed. The pressure to open up is building and building not just here but around the world. So that would be/will be a big one checked off the list. All these other hoops though....I've got to do some more research. So no one has gotten this $100k insurance?

• Like 2