Why Do You Stay?

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

That's what bargirls provide for many - a 60 yr old guy has a delusion of having a 25 yr old "GF" and he feels like he is 30 again. 

When I was 25 my 24yo Brit wife wasn't any more real than my 35 Year old Thai wife when I was 60yo.

Nothing wrong with the 'love' delusion ..... as long as you don't splash out on a house upfront. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

But for the last 20 yrs sailing on big ships in nasty ocean conditions, I've settled on slashing in the surf instead. 

If your workspace was below decks you don't notice the movement so much and can't see out of the window.????????

4 hours ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

Unfortunately that will never happen. I think the position is YOU are choosing to live here, so you need to make sure you can take care of yourself.

Top comment! Everyone has made a conscious decision and has a responsibility to maintain themselves.

Thailand ticks almost all boxes for me. Don't need room heating or hot water system. Utility bills and internet are cheap. Interruptions are rare and the repair services prompt. We have pillar boxes for posting letters and door to door deliveries, not so in some Countries. Health care is easily obtained, both Government and private, how you want to pay for it is your own choice. Immigration Office dealings can be exasperating but nowhere near as expensive to stay long term as some other Countries. Internal air travel is great value as are long distance coach and rail fares. Improvements to rail travel are underway, things can only get better!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Old people are generally unhappy because they're old and their bodies are failing.

Doesn't matter where they are.

I am old , body not failing , brain thinks quick  and that would be the same where ever i maybe .