Phuket business leaders call for ATK tests for Sandbox arrivals

webfact

pp.jpg

The announcement came at a Phuket Tourist Association event in Phuket Town on Saturday (Oct 9). Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket Tourism leaders have requested the government to ease the mandatory COVID tests required of Sandbox tourists to be antigen tests (ATKs), instead of RT-PCR tests as is required now, to reduce the cost for Sandbox tourists and to encourage more people to come to Phuket under the scheme.

Phuket Tourist Association (PTA) President Bhummikitti Raktaengam announced that the request had been made at a PTA tourism event at the Royal Phuket City Hotel  in Phuket Town on Saturday (Oct 9).

The move also is expected to speed up the time taken for Sandbox tourists to receive their test results, and lessen the workload of the medical staff conducting the tests, Mr Bhummikitti said.

Phuket Sandbox Hotels Packages - Book Now!

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-business-leaders-call-for-atk-tests-for-sandbox-arrivals-81661.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-10-11

• Like 2

gee.  you mean not gouge people that often travel half way around the world to spend their money and time in your country?  Should do it for all vaccinated arrivals in any province or sandbox as of November 1, especially vaccinated people.  They are not the risk group

• Like 1

Just now, mokwit said:

So it's still the destination where they stock a Q-tip right up your nose? I'd select somewhere that doesn't require this.

Yep,theyre  never going to "get it"  are they, Im refusing to travel  until no  tests no masks, could be in for a wait  but dont care, been vaccinated  should be  enough

• Like 2

The swab test at the airport in Phuket is brutal.  Be ready.  They shove that thing into your lungs, both nostrils.  People coughing, sneezing, whining.

The 2nd required swab test is very gentle, one nostril only.  How about a little consistency?  Stop giggling.

My requirement changed from 14 days to 10 days, so I got a refund on the required 3rd test and I got a refund from the hotel on the extra 4 nights.  Nice.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, HarryWho said:

The swab test at the airport in Phuket is brutal.  Be ready.  They shove that thing into your lungs, both nostrils.  People coughing, sneezing, whining.

I've seen footage of some guy in some kind of uniform jerking an old ladies head back and sticking it right up her nose to her obvious discomfort [Khlong Toi slums]. I seriously wonder if he had any medical/anatomical training.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1