29-year-old driver seriously injured after crashing pickup truck into power pole in Chonburi

Jonathan Fairfield

EpXyhHdn-696182-768x432-1.jpeg

A 29-year-old driver has sustained serious injuries after he crashed his pickup truck into a power pole in the Phan Thong district.

The Phan Thong Police were notified of the accident Sunday (October 10th) at Amata City phase 10, Marp Pong sub-district.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a damaged pickup truck and a damaged power pole on the side of the road.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/12/29-year-old-driver-seriously-injured-after-crashing-his-pickup-truck-into-a-power-pole-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a damaged pickup truck and a damaged power pole on the side of the road.

Queen song:

Hey
Oh take it - Bite the dust bite the dust
Hey Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust ow
Another one bites the dust he he
Another one bites the dust haaaa
Ooh shoot out
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

where is the lucky amulet when they need it  555 ..... did he tought the pole would move ? at least he survived

Yep survived and ready to do it all again, but next time it may not be a power pole, but why do the Thai’s just except this ?

8 hours ago, transam said:

Low profile tyres, probably stretched onto wider rims, mandatory 50 psi in them, what could possibly go wrong..????

That is true.... they always over-pressure tyres here. I tried to measure mine on the bike after I got a new tyre and it blew the gauge to pieces! 

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, dlclark97 said:

Having hit a power pole I would have expected to see a very dented front end.  Must have been going like a 'bat out of he(double hockey sticks)' to have done as much damage as in the photo. 

The damage suggests, to me, that the vehicle hit something quite low on the nearside and it then flipped over and hit the pole roof first. That's where the heavy impact seem to be.

Edited by Moonlover

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That is true.... they always over-pressure tyres here. I tried to measure mine on the bike after I got a new tyre and it blew the gauge to pieces! 

When I take my Forza in for a service I say don't check the tyre pressures , I have a gauge and check the pressures every week. If I go off for a coffee and get told ' Bike done ' on getting home I re check after tyres have cooled down.

6 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

When I take my Forza in for a service I say don't check the tyre pressures , I have a gauge and check the pressures every week. If I go off for a coffee and get told ' Bike done ' on getting home I re check after tyres have cooled down.

Yeah I do my bike and the Mrs weekly, we both have smaller bikes and there seems to be a regular loss of a psi or two each week.....apart from when we have had some puncture or tyre work, when 50psi would not be unusual. Could have taken my bloody eye out the time it blew my gauge apart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 5:11 PM, jacko45k said:

Must have been a really poor quality gauge, sounds like it did you favour by blowing itself to bits.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:20 PM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Noted  already the race  wheels   and  guess the white  tailgate is  black with soot.........but my main concern is...............is  the powerpole  ok?

If you read the article you would not have to guess.

The tailgate aint black from diesel soot.

spacer.png

Edited by Ralf001