Health ministry unveils preliminary criteria for November 1 quarantine lifting

webfact

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

And you won't know the full details until Oct. 29th or 30th...

I don't see airports being very busy the first November week, certainly not the International Arrivals sections.

Why October 29th or 30th, where has that been said?

• Haha 1

Compared to that, the intended 500 baht entry fee is ridiculous….

For a family of 4, that means ~4000 baht before departure, another 3200 baht on arrival and that x 4

… roughly 28,000 baht for nothing.

Add in to that an otherwise not selected ASQ hotel.

And people still afraid to be dumped into an expensive quarantine hotel, due to a positive PCR test… 

…. Good luck, Anutin !

See you again in the Maldives, Seychelles, Mexico, Caribbean, Cuba, Tanzania, Kenya !

Edited by Bernietravelling
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

So I presume you have to book this before arriving. It’s getting ridiculous 

Ahhh this is what i was kind of expecting…

Thailand aside, if you think about it, IF the rule is that you have to take test right at point if arrival, then that’s going to be at the airport.. and unless the airport is set up to reliably do MASS testing, house all the people waiting in a socially distanced manner for the waiting time AND you can get testing done in only a few hours at best, then you’re going to have to “house” these people somewhere offsite until the test comes back.

to me, the government can simply predesignate several hotels as “pending test” hotels.. don’t rely on each passenger to find, choose and book a hotel individually for that one night..  

what Id do is just require the passenger pre-pay some fee (call it X baht) and that fee then covers: the required test, one night at a “pending test” hotel and transport to/from the airport and the hotel.

When you actually arrive THEN your hotel would be assigned- like how SQ room have been done for returning Thais.

This testing and apparent overnight housing mandate also signals to me that the whole CoE won’t be going away anytime soon.  as i could see the government adding it to the CoE.

Edited by new2here
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

I would prefer to have 7 nights relaxing on the beach at sha+ hotel in pattaya sandbox, which I can chose and pay from around 500b per night with the total 3500b (that are prices from phuket, but I would imagine pattaya can be even cheaper), than be put into ASQ for 3500b per night (or two, if the first test is inconclusive).

I would think that also would be priorities for the majority of tourists - get into their hotel strait from the airport, without an additional cost of an expensive hotel and wasted one day of their holiday. That would be an exactly wasted day

Why do you talk about TOURISTS? Surely these rules will apply to returning expats, husbands, fathers & business people. Get it straight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonard Desharnais said:

Remember that there are a lot of Thais that do not want foreigners here yet. Can not blame the average Thai as the govt has scared the hell out of them over the past year. No matter what the govt decides it will end up being wrong as they must keep certain criteria to satisfy the Thais and I really doubt there will be very many visitors without everything opened so right now they as Fox news says, ' it is a Shiff show

Only clean foreigners, no dirty foreigners.

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why do you talk about TOURISTS? Surely these rules will apply to returning expats, husbands, fathers & business people. Get it straight.

no, I talk about myself, as a not tourist, but expat, husband, father and businessman, who would prefer have well deserved 7 days holiday on the beach. That's what I am waiting for.

In the last sentence I have added, that I think the majority of tourists have similar desire. 

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Just because someone has been fully vaccinated does not mean they cannot catch and pass on the virus to others .

What are you saying? 1 day in   an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility or an authorized hotel to wait for the test result. Then 14 days in Covid Jail?

What cost the  compulsory PCR Test on arrival, and ASCQ hotel?   

What cost the insurance, not mentioned by Anutin.?

What about the compulsory tracking app?

There is plenty of money to be made from these millions of tourists.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

As usual none of it makes sense.  For example France has a vaccination rate equal to the UK but much lower Covid Case counts, and its not on the list.  China meanwhile is at best 50% vaccinated largely with Sinovac.  Completely arbitrary. 

I'm pretty sure the deciding factor for the list was 'most tourists in 2019', which would explain 'China, U.S., UK, and Germany'. One exception is Malaysia (large number of visitors, too), probably because the pandemic is worse there than in Thailand.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1